Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned this in the chat room earlier and they said mention it in here...

I often find that the banner doesn't always load. Sometimes it just doesn't load at all and other times it loads half of it and then that's it - except there will be a multicoloured line at the edge of the picture where it stopped loading.

Also, sometimes when someone has quoted someone in a post, inside the quotation box, it seems to want to try and load the page again but it nevers loads it all. It ends up I have half a page, and then that same half a page again and I have to refresh.

It didn't used to happen. I'm using FireFox version 5 right now btw. Ever encountered any one else experiencing similar issues?

Yeah servers are backed up over night and this causes them to run a bit slowly. We are amongst eshops mostly so they don't expect people to be online at that kind of time.

They should delay them until around 3-5AM. The shops I help run get quite a few orders between 11PM-2AM.

The other sites only go down for a few minutes. N-Europe has an insane number of high quality images and hundred-MB videos that, as far as I know, we don't even need... Also we've recently doubled many of those images, due to certain changes behind the scenes.

In other words, we are taking up more space than multiple magento based ecommerce sites with 25,000 products....

• 2 weeks later...
The other sites only go down for a few minutes. N-Europe has an insane number of high quality images and hundred-MB videos that, as far as I know, we don't even need... Also we've recently doubled many of those images, due to certain changes behind the scenes.

In other words, we are taking up more space than multiple magento based ecommerce sites with 25,000 products....

Is this why the Forum part of the site seems to be unavailable for short times quite a lot recently?

Hmm, I don't care about playground posts not counting towards your postcount (or about my postcount at all), however, I was wondering if you could make them count for the embed / thank function requirement? I don’t want to see anyone (even when they are genuine members) spamming again just to unlock those features ;).

Do posts in this section count towards your post count?

It appears they do. Seems strange that posts here count, yet posts in the playground don't.

I think the decision was originally made because we felt that in the Playground there are a lot of threads which only need 1 or 2 word posts (Mafia games? I'm not sure, I don't play them). I think in this board what people say is generally adding to a conversation (albeit about the forums) and that they should count.

Or on the other hand we could've just totally forgotten about this board - I can't remember! I remember talking about the post count in Playground when the board was initially made but can't remember details of the discussion!