N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Yeah, never watch I Know Who Killed Me, Daft. It was more disgust than fear, but still. I guarantee that it's worse than The Reaping. Since Lindsay Lohan is ugly. And Hilary Swank is stunning.

She's oddly attractive in Mean Girls though, before she gets all...mean.

Heh. I was mainly laughing at the fact that people around me were...

ENJOYING THE MOVIE!

:shakehead

I didn't even know it was possible to enjoy it. That idea is completely alien to me....

...were these people blind, deaf and dumb...

...and watching a different film?

Yeah, never watch I Know Who Killed Me, Daft. It was more disgust than fear, but still. I guarantee that it's worse than The Reaping. Since Lindsay Lohan is ugly. And Hilary Swank is stunning.

Hilary Swank's mouth is so huge. It takes up about 90% of the screen. Part of me, the self hating part, wants to watch I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. Seriously, I want to know Li Lo. Tell me!

Anyone seen 'A Walk To Remember'? It's the most amazingly bad film but it's crapness is so perfectly balanced it is hysterical. Mandy Moore is in it. It's excellent/terrible.

I didn't even know it was possible to enjoy it. That idea is completely alien to me....

...were these people blind, deaf and dumb...

...and watching a different film?

No but they love everything too much. THEY WERE LIKE WOAH! EPIC TWISTS OMG THE PLAGUES!!!?!?!?!?

The Cows going mental had me floored. :D

The ending is ridiculous is like ZOMG DEVIL CHILDZ

one of the people reccomended me I KNOW WHO KILLED ME saying it isn't that bad just the other week. I still have to watch it to see how bad it actually is!

PS In the Cinema the other week two Chav's strolled in and looked at a movie poster and were like OMGIHAVE2CTHISMOVIEITLOOKS SO GOOD!!11!!!

I turned round to see they were getting excited over Dance Flick. :/

/mini rant. :p

http://atouchofmelancholy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/the-reaping.jpg

I hope the sheer size of the the poster traumatises you because this was one of the worst films I have ever seen. It really was.

maythepowerofchristNOTcompelyou/10

I'm gonna watch this tomorrow, since I recoreded it due to the adverts making it look so lovely, as adverts/trailers.

So you're saying it was Swank?

The poster makes it look like she has a rack, thus is wrong by default.

Being a raging queen seems to have altered your perception.

Ok, right. I feel like being stupid and going to the cinema for two or three films today. Anyone ever done that?

Yep and its awesome! Saw The Hangover and then Star Trek, one after the other! and best of all, i only payed for one film! see, the cinema complex i go to is massive and has loads of screens....so we just went into one screen and when that movie was done moved into another! No one was checking or anything!

Try it.

Pokémon: The First Movie

Sadly not as pr0 as I remember, which is unfair because I remembered it being most pr0. I first saw this the moment in came out in America, as I was fortunate enough to be on holiday at the time. I still have the promo cards we [my brother and I] got, his Pikachu card isn't in the greatest of conditions. The thing at the end brought tears to my eyes when I first watched it. Seeing Pikachu cry is not something I like to see. I'm getting around to watching the others that I have shortly.

Six Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

BIG STAN

pretty funny

6.5/10

That movie is just awesome.

Dance Flick

It was funnier than I thought it would be. It definitely makes fun of all the things you see in Dance movies. Some pop references but they're very minor. And 'Zac Efron''s song made me laugh. It's something to not take seriously though. But if you love the Wayans' past movies, then you will like this.

6.9/10

Over the last week or two, me and Ine/Eenuh have seen quite a few films.

First up is 300. We hadn't actually seen this film before, even though we had both used the THIS IS SPARTAAAA line quite a bit. Amusingly, in Dutch, that line is "Waanzin? DIT IS SPARTAAAA." Well, I thought it was cool.

We both enjoyed the film, probably a lot more than we thought we were going to. It didn't require much thinking to watch, but the pace of the action kept us both interested. :)

7/7.5 out of 10 for Ine.

8 out of 10 for me.

Secondly, we watched...The Simpsons Movie!

This was both our second viewing of the film, but we are both big fans of the series. We did chuckle quite a few times throughout, and I think I probably enjoyed it more on the second viewing (although, this does not mean that I disliked it the first time around. I enjoyed it then, too).

6.5 out of 10 for Ine.

6.5/7 out of 10 for Me.

The next film that we saw was...Pulp Fiction.

Ine had never seen this film before, so it was a first time viewing for her.

We're not big fans of Tarantino, as he can be...quite annoying. But, we quite enjoyed this film, although Ine did feel that the plot did feel a bit lost or aimless at times. Still, the amount of quotable lines and a strong cast on hand both ensure that this film entertains.

8 out of 10 for Ine.

8 out of 10 for Me.

Alien

I've seen this millions of times, probably a lot more than Ine had, hehe. Only her second viewing. A great Thriller and it keeps you in suspense throughout. Whilst some people may feel bored during the first hour, it really is classic build-up to the revealing of the Alien in the famous chest-burster scene. A classic.

9 out of 10 for Ine.

10 out of 10 for Me. I'm an Alien fanboy.

Aliens

Shockingly, this is only Ine's first time for seeing this. :p

I've seen it a good 30 times or so, know each line by heart, but it still feels as fresh as ever. It is also worth noting that we watched the Director's Cut/Special Edition for both Alien and Aliens. Seeing the Theatrical Versions is like watching an inferior film, at least in my eyes.

Thankfully, Ine did enjoy it! Very much so. It is different to the first film, but still very good. One is a Classic Thriller and the other is a Classic Action Film. Still Thrilling, but in a different kind of way.

8.5 out of 10 for Ine.

Perfect 10 for Me. Again, I'm an Alien fanboy. In my top 5 favourite films, these would both be there.

Pokémon: The First Movie

Sadly not as pr0 as I remember, which is unfair because I remembered it being most pr0. I first saw this the moment in came out in America, as I was fortunate enough to be on holiday at the time. I still have the promo cards we [my brother and I] got, his Pikachu card isn't in the greatest of conditions. The thing at the end brought tears to my eyes when I first watched it. Seeing Pikachu cry is not something I like to see. I'm getting around to watching the others that I have shortly.

That part with Pikachu still brings tears to my eyes.

Over the last week or two, me and Ine/Eenuh have seen quite a few films.

First up is 300. We hadn't actually seen this film before, even though we had both used the THIS IS SPARTAAAA line quite a bit. Amusingly, in Dutch, that line is "Waanzin? DIT IS SPARTAAAA." Well, I thought it was cool.

We both enjoyed the film, probably a lot more than we thought we were going to. It didn't require much thinking to watch, but the pace of the action kept us both interested. :)

7/7.5 out of 10 for Ine.

8 out of 10 for me.

Secondly, we watched...The Simpsons Movie!

This was both our second viewing of the film, but we are both big fans of the series. We did chuckle quite a few times throughout, and I think I probably enjoyed it more on the second viewing (although, this does not mean that I disliked it the first time around. I enjoyed it then, too).

6.5 out of 10 for Ine.

6.5/7 out of 10 for Me.

The next film that we saw was...Pulp Fiction.

Ine had never seen this film before, so it was a first time viewing for her.

We're not big fans of Tarantino, as he can be...quite annoying. But, we quite enjoyed this film, although Ine did feel that the plot did feel a bit lost or aimless at times. Still, the amount of quotable lines and a strong cast on hand both ensure that this film entertains.

8 out of 10 for Ine.

8 out of 10 for Me.

Alien

I've seen this millions of times, probably a lot more than Ine had, hehe. Only her second viewing. A great Thriller and it keeps you in suspense throughout. Whilst some people may feel bored during the first hour, it really is classic build-up to the revealing of the Alien in the famous chest-burster scene. A classic.

9 out of 10 for Ine.

10 out of 10 for Me. I'm an Alien fanboy.

Aliens

Shockingly, this is only Ine's first time for seeing this. :p

I've seen it a good 30 times or so, know each line by heart, but it still feels as fresh as ever. It is also worth noting that we watched the Director's Cut/Special Edition for both Alien and Aliens. Seeing the Theatrical Versions is like watching an inferior film, at least in my eyes.

Thankfully, Ine did enjoy it! Very much so. It is different to the first film, but still very good. One is a Classic Thriller and the other is a Classic Action Film. Still Thrilling, but in a different kind of way.

8.5 out of 10 for Ine.

Perfect 10 for Me. Again, I'm an Alien fanboy. In my top 5 favourite films, these would both be there.

what!? a man scored 300 higher than a female. suprise :D

Ive seen a few of these movies lately actually..

seriously though 300.. I'm not sure i'll ever get it.. it's stylish and lovely looking but I really think people went nuts about it at the time. never felt it.. just me :)

7/10

simpsons movie:

If it was made in 1997 it would be better.. It all went downhill from greenday :D

5/10

alien:

it's god 9/10

aliens:

it's even better 9.5/10

what!? a man scored 300 higher than a female. suprise :D

Ive seen a few of these movies lately actually..

seriously though 300.. I'm not sure i'll ever get it.. it's stylish and lovely looking but I really think people went nuts about it at the time. never felt it.. just me :)

7/10

simpsons movie:

If it was made in 1997 it would be better.. It all went downhill from greenday :D

5/10

alien:

it's god 9/10

aliens:

it's even better 9.5/10

A 7/10 is still a good score for a film that you felt you didn't "get" though. Overall, I really enjoyed it, so will look forward to whenever I can see it again. I did find it hard to grade or score it, although I did mention to Ine that there was a lotttt of manly flesh on show. I thought she would have scored it higher than me based on that, but...life is a mystery!

That's a pretty harsh Simpsons score, but the other two are pretty much spot on. They are Godly films. :)

Tonight, we saw The Proposal, after much discussion about which film to go and see. In the end, we wrote all our choices down on paper, Ine threw them up into the air, and whichever one that I caught was the film that we would see. We did this twice, and got the same result twice, so we thought it was fate.

Luckily, we both enjoyed the film. It's your typical romantic comedy slash chick-flick...thing, but it had its moments, and managed to make us laugh quite a few times. I didn't think it was too cheesy or corny either, except for maybe the ending, but it is definitely an entertaining film.

7 out of 10 for Ine.

6.5/7 out of 10 for Me.

2 TV movies i have watched recently.

Bruce Almighty

Stars Jim Carrey. Bruce Nolan, the man who thinks God has something against him when he thinks his life is going to pot. Until the opportunity of a life-time comes about. Excellent movie, great humour and hilarious moments throughout.

9/10

Commando

Stars Arnie. Excellent movie, need i say more. (EEVIL will think i probably will need to)

9.5/10

And now, for the recent Cinema trip (you may or may not believe me)

Scarface

Stars Al Pacino. When i saw a trailer for this to be shown again when i saw Terminator Salvation, i was actually quite surprised to be fair. I knew Cineworld was showing some classic movies again for a limited time only, and this was one i wanted to see. Even though i own this on DVD already, it would be an experience to see it. And believe me, it was well worth it. I actually felt like i was back in 1982 and i was seeing this for the first time along with everyone else. Excellent movie, 10x better in the cinema in surround sound.

10/10

I knew Cineworld was showing some classic movies again for a limited time only

Holly balls, they're playing The Thing soon at my local Cineworld (as well as others). I'm totally going to see that shit yo. Oddly enough, I was recently telling a coworker how it was my favourite horror film.

Holly balls, they're playing The Thing soon at my local Cineworld (as well as others). I'm totally going to see that shit yo. Oddly enough, I was recently telling a coworker how it was my favourite horror film.

The Thing is indeed a brilliant film. I rated it recently in this thread. :)

If you get the chance to see it on the big screen, do eeet naaaw!