Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

i'll put it down to a combination of not having had to seriosuly write as much over the last year and not bothering to proof read my posts. the way i see it is that unless i make a collosal cock up, the point of my post should still be obvious, which really is the big picture. its kinda like having a go at steven hawkins for talking in a funny voice, ignoring what he actualy says. only you know, without the genious.

How would you know if you made a cock-up if you never check? Law of averages?

Plus considering your comparison, we know what Hawkings is saying first time, without working though any misspellings.

to be honest, my dyslexia isnt very severe. my reading and writting are largly un affected, sentence structure isn't a big issue. all i find difficult is spelling certain words. it would be so much easier if all words were written as they sounded.

the main problem for my is dyspraxia, a co-ordination dissorder which can be a fucking bitch. in terms of my writting, i'll somtimes hit the wrong key, or somtimes hit them in the wrong order.

i find out about these misstakes through people pointing them out, or if its somthing important (job application, essay or a letter) then i use a spell check and go back through it.

that everything sorted about my spelling?

Edited by Chris the great

I did know we were hammering down on everyone posting so perfectly these days. I shall inform the masses!

EEVIL AND PAJ MEEN AH ARE WATCHING YOU.

Its not like you two are the perfect posters whatever that even means. Give him a break, if he can't be bothered to type perfectly its not going to end the world.

I'm moody.

I watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame the other weekend on TV, still love it today.

The Last House on the Left

This was really good. Reviews were saying it was crap but I thought the story was alright and the acting wasn't bad.

7/10

Never Been Kissed

I was flicking over channels since nothing was on and came across this so I watched it. It's your normal predictive rom-com but it was good.

6/10

it would be so much easier if all words were written as they sounded.

In some cases I actually do blame the French for this.

I did know we were hammering down on everyone posting so perfectly these days. I shall inform the masses.

Its not like you two are the perfect posters whatever that even means. Give him a break, if he can't be bothered to type perfectly its not going to end the world.

I'm not saying I was a perfect poster, I was just making an observation.

EEVIL AND PAJ MEEN AH ARE WATCHING YOU.

:blank:

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Decent, but could have been better if they had taken more material from the book and the fact that none of the actors bothered trying to put on a German accent is a let-down, as I wasn't able to take it as seriously. The ending was well filmed though, even if the Auschwitz they were at seemed very very very small. Not very emotional either, unlike the book.

Case in point.

Unless you plan to never post again of course.

If I intentionally get insulting, naturally. :(

Where's the photos from Japan Ashley!? We want images dammit.

Anyways, film shit. I think I'm going to the cinema after work today, can anyone recommend any good stuff that's at da flicks right now?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

This is apparently the selection:

12 Rounds

(12A - 1:48 mins)

10:00pm

Drag Me to Hell

(15 - 1:39 mins)

12:45pm, 3:15pm, 5:30pm, 7:45pm, 10:00pm

Last Chance Harvey

(12A - 1:39 mins)

11:40am, 2:25pm, 4:55pm, 7:25pm, 9:50pm

Night at the Museum 2

(PG - 1:45 mins)

11:50am, 2:20pm, 4:50pm, 7:20pm, 9:50pm

Obsessed

(12A - 1:45 mins)

12:05pm, 2:40pm, 5:05pm, 7:35pm, 9:55pm

Star Trek (2009)

(12A - 2:06 mins)

11:00am, 1:45pm, 4:30pm, 7:15pm

Terminator Salvation

(12A - 1:54 mins)

11:15am, 2:00pm, 4:45pm, 7:30pm, 10:15pm

Saw 5

I have no idea why I watched this on my own, because half the time I couldn't even look at the screen. The final test, with the guy and the girl and the blood thing had me actually squealing. I couldn't watch, I was turned away from the screan with a disgusted face making retarded noises about how horrific it was.

Other than that, it was kind of boring.

Ew/10.

Edited by Slaggis

Saw 5

I have no idea why I watched this on my own, because half the time I couldn't even look at the screen. The final test, with the guy and the girl and the blood thing had me actually squealing. I couldn't watch, I was turned away from the screan with a disgusted face making retarded noises about how horrific it was.

Other than that, it was kind of boring.

Ew/10.

Something must be wrong with me. I was laughing during the whole movie! :D

anway...

Memento.

Insanely good movie. My eyes were transfixed on the screen during the whole movie and my mind only wondered once. It took my full concentration. :)

Brilliant story, perfectly executed. Guy Pierce was badass and I wanted clothes. (and a polaroid camera)

7 Bears out of 7 :grin:

So, I've seen Terminator Salvation today, and have had a chat with ViPeR/Joe about it. He saw it days ago and has been itching to chat to me about it. I'm just chuffed I've seen it now.

I'm shocked. It was actually much, much better than I thought it was going to be, and was frankly miles better than Terminator 3 in almost every way.

There were two standout performances from Anton Yelchin (Kyle Reese) and Sam Worthington (Marcus) and they really were the heart of the film. Anton really is convincing as Kyle, and I had to reassure myself a few times that he is no blood relation to Michael Biehn. The character of Marcus is well written and I wanted to cheer when he took on those three guys. Also, a nice thing, the way he tilted his head when he got smacked in the face with the bar...very Terminator-like. :)

This is very different to the first two films, but you still believe that it's in the Terminator Universe, albeit a very different one to the one we see during the flashbacks of the previous films. I also loved the little reference to "cattlecarts" when Kyle was being transported to Skynet. Of course, the events of the future are meant to mirror the holocaust that took place during World War II, so I liked that mention. But, I wanted to see more inside Skynet, like the camp, and what actually happened to the Prisoners. If there's one thing I'd like to change more than anything, it would really be more footage inside the camp.

I'm mixed about Christian Bale, and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy his scenes all that much. When he was on screen, I was itching for his scenes to be over so I could see more of Kyle or Marcus. To me, he didn't "sell" the role of John Connor well, kinda like how I never truly believed he made a great Bruce Wayne, but it could be because I'm just not a fan of him. Maybe in time...

I'm not sure about the overall ending of the film, particularly with Bale being given a second heart like that. Personally, what I would have done is gone back to that scene where John is setting up the explosives and Marcus looks over to see him doing that whilst The Terminator beats him to within an inch of his life. What I would've done is drawn that scene out a lot more, perhaps, so that Marcus looks over, John looks back, and Marcus loses his life so that John can blow the place up. It would still fit with the sacrificial/redemption theme, and it might've seemed a little less cheesy than Marcus giving his heart? I dunno, it's an idea.

I need to see it again. But, after seeing it once, I think it deserved an 8/10, or a very high 7, after first viewing. There's loads I didn't talk about, but will do after more viewings. I will be going to see this again, I hope.

So, I've seen Terminator Salvation today, and have had a chat with ViPeR/Joe about it. He saw it days ago and has been itching to chat to me about it. I'm just chuffed I've seen it now.

I'm shocked. It was actually much, much better than I thought it was going to be, and was frankly miles better than Terminator 3 in almost every way.

There were two standout performances from Anton Yelchin (Kyle Reese) and Sam Worthington (Marcus) and they really were the heart of the film. Anton really is convincing as Kyle, and I had to reassure myself a few times that he is no blood relation to Michael Biehn. The character of Marcus is well written and I wanted to cheer when he took on those three guys. Also, a nice thing, the way he tilted his head when he got smacked in the face with the bar...very Terminator-like. :)

This is very different to the first two films, but you still believe that it's in the Terminator Universe, albeit a very different one to the one we see during the flashbacks of the previous films. I also loved the little reference to "cattlecarts" when Kyle was being transported to Skynet. Of course, the events of the future are meant to mirror the holocaust that took place during World War II, so I liked that mention. But, I wanted to see more inside Skynet, like the camp, and what actually happened to the Prisoners. If there's one thing I'd like to change more than anything, it would really be more footage inside the camp.

I'm mixed about Christian Bale, and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy his scenes all that much. When he was on screen, I was itching for his scenes to be over so I could see more of Kyle or Marcus. To me, he didn't "sell" the role of John Connor well, kinda like how I never truly believed he made a great Bruce Wayne, but it could be because I'm just not a fan of him. Maybe in time...

I'm not sure about the overall ending of the film, particularly with Bale being given a second heart like that. Personally, what I would have done is gone back to that scene where John is setting up the explosives and Marcus looks over to see him doing that whilst The Terminator beats him to within an inch of his life. What I would've done is drawn that scene out a lot more, perhaps, so that Marcus looks over, John looks back, and Marcus loses his life so that John can blow the place up. It would still fit with the sacrificial/redemption theme, and it might've seemed a little less cheesy than Marcus giving his heart? I dunno, it's an idea.

I need to see it again. But, after seeing it once, I think it deserved an 8/10, or a very high 7, after first viewing. There's loads I didn't talk about, but will do after more viewings. I will be going to see this again, I hope.

Except for Salvation's shitty, shitty ending which T3 at least had the balls to do something dark.

Soooooooooooo anyone mentioned John Connor would never be born...............since Kyle Reese came from the future and then slept with Sarah Connor. So how could John Connor send Kyle back when John Connors dad is Kyle Rees,

sorry had to get that off my chest.