Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Out of interest ReZ, have you ever watched Arrested Development?

This is a good question, if you like Micheal Cera at all you need to watch it noa. Plus it has a few other actors who played their parts perfectly.

Once again.....stupid Fox.

Wild Child

Hilarious in all the wrong ways. :)

My god were the stereotypes heavily layed on in this movie.

Set in an English Boarding school where everyone talked posh and played lacross and although the film was set in our century the school seemed in the dark ages. I know of one school that is like that these days but still it was bizarre!

That actually made it quite funny as you drop in a stereotypical L.A teenager into the mix and you get a jumble of culture that has happened in too many movies. Predictable story again but man I get happy tears from any old thing these days. makes me want to cry. :p

It did remind me of the line IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!though and I laughed rather to hard when she says

Welcome to Malibu Biatch! :D

But it's a film for teenagers I did not take it too seriously and had some fun while watching it!

3 and a half Bears out of 7. :grin:

I personally don't think so.

Nor do I.

First off, no one could predict someone going insane from something like a loved ones death, hardly (if ever) happens. Secondly, Joker doesn't think that far ahead. (He does think ahead, despite his assuring us he doesn't "plan". Just not to the extent of predicting the psychological breakdown of someone who he has no prior knowledge of mentally)

Ohhhh right,
So that the Joker could turn Dent evil and prove his point yes?

He's a sociopathic, mass-murdering freak - he's supposed to be unpredictable. He just did that to get at Batman, for kicks. After all, he'd already tried to chuck her out of the window of a multi-storey building.

Wild Child

Hilarious in all the wrong ways. :)

My god were the stereotypes heavily layed on in this movie.

Set in an English Boarding school where everyone talked posh and played lacross and although the film was set in our century the school seemed in the dark ages. I know of one school that is like that these days but still it was bizarre!

That actually made it quite funny as you drop in a stereotypical L.A teenager into the mix and you get a jumble of culture that has happened in too many movies. Predictable story again but man I get happy tears from any old thing these days. makes me want to cry. :p

It did remind me of the line IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!though and I laughed rather to hard when she says

Welcome to Malibu Biatch! :D

But it's a film for teenagers I did not take it too seriously and had some fun while watching it!

3 and a half Bears out of 7. :grin:

One thing Coolness....

WHO AREEE WEEEEEEEEE!

...I'm not sorry.

Burn After Reading

Was a weird movie this one, I probably expected more from it than I should being a Cohen movie but at the end I still quite enjoyed it.

I thought the performances were very good, probably the best thing about it. The story was the weird part and I wasnt sure what I thought of it until the conversation the CIA guys had at the end, that just made me laugh and think of the movie as just a weird one.

7.5/10

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Been wanting to see this for a while.

As a whole made me want to go back to Barcelona (despite the fairly romanticised version in this film) and drink lots of wine.

It was enjoyable, a little slice of strange summer for these two friends, neither of whom know what they want.

I kinda hated the narration, but then it felt funny, emphasising the feeling that this wasn't an epic, more of a small window into a poignant trip.

But yeah. Very sensual film.

7.5/10

Rachel getting Married.

Anne Hathaway. :bowdown:

I've been thinking about whether I enjoyed it or not and I've decided I loved it. :grin:

This is the kind of movie I enjoy. :)

Very much a character driven story. I liked how it effortlessly slipped in from the comical to the serious. I felt engaged in the family's life and not just because of the big events of the wedding or Kim's return from rehab which is what the story is focused around but the portrail of their normal life as well. I also loved the camera work in this movie that felt I was actually there. The struggles that the characters were facing and the tension was built up and knocked down perfectly and all the characters felt believable to me.

I liked how the past was slowly unravled around all this and how it was not to OMGINYOURFACE like a lot of movies. The human emotion involved felt real and not to over the top and exactly how someone might react to such a thing.

My only gripe is that maybe some bits went on too long but the ending was great. very subtle.

A very understated movie in my eyes. Perhaps one of my favourites I'm unsure, definately one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

6 Bears out of 7. :yay:

The Notebook

So my sister made watch this. Before it started I had the typical guy reaction. It's a lame love story that's been done a million times over. Apart from the over cheesyness at the end, I though it was great. It also helps that Rachel McAdams is stunning.

BOLT

6/10. predictable, schmaltzy but with just enough emo in its vains to make me care for a CGI doggie.

AUSTRALIA

9/10.

Loved everything about this. Especially the slew of machoness on display.

Even though I seemed to have grown a Gandalf beard during it's 3hr epicness.