Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

SAW 3

OMG!! this film rocks so much..i loved the first two saw films..this one has plenty of "games" great story and nice twists in the plot. More gore in this one then the previous two as well and patches up what happened after Saw 2 :)

must see!

better then SAW 2 but SAW 1 is still king

9.5/10

SAW 3

OMG!! this film rocks so much..i loved the first two saw films..this one has plenty of "games" great story and nice twists in the plot. More gore in this one then the previous two as well and patches up what happened after Saw 2 :)

must see!

better then SAW 2 but SAW 1 is still king

9.5/10

I just got back, that film made me go near white lol. After smokin a doob or two then watchin that, it wasnt nice. But, cool film, mad games, good twist. Usual saw really :P

I watched brokeback mountain the other day.

This is, without a doubt, one of the best films I've ever seen in my life. Words can hardly do justice to the performances on display here. Heath Ledgers portrayal of the repressed and deeply unhappy Ennis is truly magnificent- creating a character on a par with Travis Bickle and Michael Corleone. Jake Gyllenhall, too, gives a brilliant performance to Jack Twist- deeply unhappy in a family that does not want him in their lives and unable to find happiness without Ennis, he constantly dreams of them having a life together, unable to bring his hopes to reality.

It really is magnificent. A tragedy on societies inability to fight prejudice and the very human desire for love and how it can destroy us when we are unable to follow through with our feelings.

truly incredible.

11/10

Man on Fire

Outstanding film, both in terms of acting and directing. Its only the 2nd time I have seen it and im suprised it took me this long to pick it up on DVD. I love the whole scene with Denzel and Dakota at the table discussing her homework, apparently most of that was made up as they went along.

10/10

Just saw Halloween: Ressurection...SO SHIT! Although the girl that gets naked was pretty hot (despite dying a moment later).
Yeah, I agree. I would give the movie a ten if it gave extended, and completly useless nudity scenes (like every horror b-movie is supposed), but since it didn't, it gets a 3/10 from me, for a shitty idea,

American Beauty

Fourth or Fifth time I watched this masterpiece. It's one of my all time movies still, and I'd probably enjoy watching it at least 5 more times.

10/10

I also watched this recently. I'd probably give it the same score. I was pretty damn impressed by the storytelling and the depth of the characters; and certainly was an excellant film.

also just saw Taxi Driver. 9/10. Also great.

Disabled Killer 2

A homemade five minute film from some of my friends from a few years ago, finally got hold of a VCR to watch it. Crap film, but fun to laugh at. I've said I'm going to steal it and show it to their kids in a few years time.

Lord of War

Very good performance buy Nicolas Cage also that black Dictator whos actors name I forgot plays his role very well. The soundtrack is really good as well and the overall storyline, how he retells his life is a welcome difference. The ending is expected but has an unexpected twist then.

Now to the critizism: it's not shocking enough, the business seems to be quite fun most of the time actually, even the truly shocking things don't fulfil it's purpose but rather look like a bit of documentary.

7/10

Renaissance -

Imagine Perfect Dark meets Sin City.

Great but slightly misfiring cast that includes Daniel Craig, Jonathan Price, Ian Holmes and that guy with the really sexy gravely voice. Visuals are spectacular and there are some great action scenes. The plot is a tad cluttered and muddled with a few unnecessary plot points and characters, but it's all explained by the end of the film at least. Bawdy dialogue. All in all, worth a look.

6/10

"I may not know much about saints, but I've got a good nose for smelling out a son of a bitch!"

Watched 28 Days Later for the first time (hush you, criers of "blasphemy")

8.5/10. Although if I was to rate it on how scary it was, 3/10.

Maybe it was just because I watched it with 3 mates and I criticised things all the way through (I really annoy people like that sometimes), but it didn't scare me at all. I liked it, I liked the believability of certain factors, the filming style, the uniqueness of the "enemy", the concept and the ending. It worked on the level of action/suspense/thriller, but not horror.

Still, great movie.

Why is the spell check highlighting movie? Since when is movie not a word? Firefox sucks. Wait... the spell check highlights "Firefox" too? WTF!