Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

High School Musical 2

Watched with my sister and friend-who-is-a-girl.

Awful, fairly upbeat and fun. If that makes sense. The worst characterization I've ever seen. Or whatever the term is.

His friends and girlfriend are complete cunts. Just cause he actually has a chance at a good future after the shitty singing at school is done, they isolate him and get all pissy.

They should just kill off Gabriella already. I prefer Sharpay, and hated when, after Sharpay "repented" for being a bitch, they clichedly brought back Gabriella back, even though it was meant to be Sharpay on stage.

So...what? The message is "say you're sorry and everything will be alright! Unless we need a happy ending with the "good" girl".

Just offended me, since I CAN enjoy mindless films like this, most of the time.

3/10

Critics are usually wrong.

Let's put it this way, they can surely be too harsh on things sometimes, but when it comes to honouring what's good, they never miss! Not to mention, they dedicate their lives to the appreciation of a certain art and pretty much know everything about it, unlike us, who just indulge in art for pleasure. :heh:

And the problem with stuff like Potemkin and Birth of a Nation is, while of importance in terms of cinematic history and great films or whatever are not exactly fun to watch.

Particularly Birth of a Nation :p

Kung Fu Panda

Not bad. You're typical Dreamworks film really. Makes me want noodles though.

Yeah, usually the critics are "right"...however, ones pleasure of something, even if it is good or bad, isn't rated by critics, it's entirely personal.

This man is right!

And the problem with stuff like Potemkin and Birth of a Nation is, while of importance in terms of cinematic history and great films or whatever are not exactly fun to watch.

Particularly Birth of a Nation :p

This man is wrong! I personally found Birth of a Nation quite entertaining and therefore, fun! It's actually nice to watch a movie that's unbound by prejudice... the man did what he thought was right. Even if it was incredibly racist. And his next film is without a shred of a doubt one of my favourite films ever, (top 10 material)... "Intolerance" is a masterpiece... or two.

you're 3 points short there.

I know you mean make it a ten but if I was to change it by three points it would be the other way (even though I'd prefer to keep it at 7). I didn't really feel there was a story, it was just more and more stuff being added and then the main story (if I am to all it that) was just finished and I didn't even know it. I liked the way he changed throughout the story.

Although to the film's defence, I wasn't concentrating 100% it was more like 60-70% because I was on the computer talking whilst watching so I may have missed stuff out :)

Afterwards I watched gladiator,

9/10 Love this film. Music is epic, acting is pretty great, ending is good.

you're 3 points short there.

Agreed.

Recently two of my friends have watched it and didn't like it :S I really can't see why... genius film.

I can't remember if I posted this as I watched last week but anyway

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Fantastic film... Jean-Do was such an interesting character. Highly amusing at times to the extent that it was almost too lighthearted, considering the subject matter, but still

9 / 10

This man is wrong! I personally found Birth of a Nation quite entertaining and therefore, fun! It's actually nice to watch a movie that's unbound by prejudice... the man did what he thought was right. Even if it was incredibly racist. And his next film is without a shred of a doubt one of my favourite films ever, (top 10 material)... "Intolerance" is a masterpiece... or two.

Perhaps context is everything. A Tuesday afternoon after being at work all morning and travelling for an hour by bus to sit in a small room on plastic chairs for four hours does not a great film watching session make.

Deep Red

Absolutely insane Argento. It doesn't adhere to conventional logic of doors and it has some incredibly misused music, and the dialogue and the acting are poor at best. But it's Argento! So it looks nice and all the deaths and their set ups are fantastic.

One thing I don't get is the inexplicable switches between English and Italian dialogue it seems like there are two movies going on at once.

7/10