Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Devil Wears Prada is a good movie! I think some men just brush it off as it is largely targeted towards a female audience. I'd give it an 8 probably. The characters are great, acting is superb and the story isn't half bad either.

*hugs*

I'm reading "Chasing Harry Winston" the latest book from the Author, just getting into it now ^_^

Btw, big shock if you see this, then Mamma Mia XD

Only 4 bears?!?!?!

It's one of my favourite movies :o

4 and a half! :heh: Cool I can see why, it's a good movie and don't get me wrong I definately did Enjoy watching it. I need to watch it again. I reckon it didn't help that I had to watch it all broken up and not in one go. :) and I wasn't fully concentrating by the end.

I love Anne Hathaway. <3 I have to say the acting was very good.

My rating system:

6-7 Bears = Excellent, could watch over and over again. :yay:

5-6 Bears = Great. :heart:

4-5 Bears = Good/enjoyable to watch

3-4 Bears = fun but nothing beyond that.

2-3 Bears = Terrible near painful to watch.

1-2 Bears = ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

0-1 Bears = Yeh... probably won't even finish the movie. Unless it's hilarious for all the wrong reasons. :p

Devil Wears Prada is a good movie! I think some men just brush it off as it is largely targeted towards a female audience. I'd give it an 8 probably. The characters are great, acting is superb and the story isn't half bad either.

Haha, I agree with you there. I showed my Dad and he was like "Isn't that a womans film?" and went off to read is book immediately ecoming disinterested!

it got canned, though. it wasn't supposed to end like that.

not watched it myself but my mate swears by it.

Yeah, it got canned, but they knew it was very likely it would get canned and should've created a more fitting finale... the current finale is one of the worst out there... rivalizes with Heroes season 1 finale.

Cannibal Holocaust... Sorry nami, but I needed to watch something...

Been a couple fo years since I last saw it, and truth be told it was more gruesome this time around. Mostly I just feel sorry for the actors, as I don't think any of them really know what they were letting themselves in for.

I'm not going to pretend this is a cinematic piece of genius, but I'm not going to swipe it away just because I don't like/understand what I see. Always makes me question morality, ethics, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Next up is a race between Man Bites Dog, The Last Broadcast, 28 Days Later and Graduation Day. Lol.

Carnivale is okay... but could've been 10 times better if they had known how to create a finale for it... that was one of the most disappointing finales ever. =/

Yeah, what Dan says! The last six episodes of season two were suddenly rammed with stuff they wanted to pad out over at least another 18 episodes, and while that gives us a couple of "omg.. omgomgogmg!" episodes there's no time to cram all of it in. I rather they end it with tooo much suspense than just stopping it like the 4400, which felt like they'd cut the show off mid-sentance.

I saw this not long ago and found it suprisingly good and a completely different story to what I thought it was about. I didn't think I would like it but I did.

yeah i thought it was gunna be a sort of "love actually" thing... but by the end of the second scene i was like.....OH! thats how it is then. :blank:

hehe.

was totally not loving the second guy... the friend of the husband... was he really supposed to be hot? wasn't seeing it at all >_> sure he can play guitar.... but is he topless? i dont think so!!

Seriously, without any other possible way of putting it: fuck you. :blank:

You've seriously got to kidding me. :(

Hey! I consider the film a masterpiece, and the trilogy goes on my 'favourite films' list, it was just 10 - 20 minutes too long about three quarters of the way in, but then again I belive I was watching the extended version, so that could of had been a factor.

True Crime

90's thriller directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, which has a 70's feel to it, about a reporter's quest to prove that a man on death row is innocent. Pretty decent, but like the film Absolute Power which Eastwood starred in and directed at around the same time, the ending feels rushed and unsatisfying.

Toy Story

Felt a bit 'meh' yesterday, but this cheered me up. Classic. Really do need to upgrade to a DVD version of this, instead of wearing out my VHS tape...

yeah i thought it was gunna be a sort of "love actually" thing... but by the end of the second scene i was like.....OH! thats how it is then. :blank:

hehe.

was totally not loving the second guy... the friend of the husband... was he really supposed to be hot? wasn't seeing it at all >_> sure he can play guitar.... but is he topless? i dont think so!!

Haha, I can't really comments about the guys but I'd definately go with the one that is topless! :p

That is the same with me I'd settled down for the usual Romantic kind of thing nice and happy by the numbers story but was suprised right at the start.

To tell you the truth I didn't continue watching it that day and started again the next day as It was already 1 in the morning by then and It required more attention and thought than I expected. :)

League of Gentlemen Apocalypse

Great film. Not as funny as the TV show but still got some good laughs in there. The bit where Hillary is reading the script on the PC after Jeff has written himself into the story. 'And he had a big cock.' Classic. Would have been cool to see more Papa Lazarou but then I don't think he'd have fit in with the story of the movie unless they took it a different way.

Cannibal Holocaust... Sorry nami, but I needed to watch something...

I shed a single tear (:cry:) i'll stick it on tho some night when ur tippley, u don't struggle watching stuff over and over!! If your bored stick on knocked up, it's trashey but I imagine you'll find it entertaining

You actually don't despise Devil Wears Prada?

You are so gay... :indeed:

Erm, you despise it? You are so tasteless. :p

Seriously, it's a good movie. Some great acting, some funny monents and a compelling story. Don't dismiss it just because it has "Prada" in the title.

[quote name='welsh_gamer;

Toy Story

Felt a bit 'meh' yesterday' date=' but this cheered me up. Classic. Really do need to upgrade to a DVD version of this, instead of wearing out my VHS tape...[/quote']

Toy Story is made of win :yay:

I still think that both 1 and 2 are awesome family films : peace:

I shed a single tear (:cry:) i'll stick it on tho some night when ur tippley, u don't struggle watching stuff over and over!! If your bored stick on knocked up, it's trashey but I imagine you'll find it entertaining

lol :P yeah I'm totally up for watching it again! Not a prob with that. Where's Knocked up? I'd love to watch it but I can't see it anywhere...

I'll have a pillage :)

28 Weeks Later was a dissapointment. Considered stopping the movie several times. Just far, far, faaar too many moments of ridiculous inhumanity, and too many instances of clearly awful foresight.

I hear there's a third movie in the planning. Some potential there as always, but I don't have high hopes.

What's wrong with the girl from Carnivale? :(

My boss said it was the most amazing thing ever and loaned me the boxset of season one, but I couldn't watch it all the way through. It totally bored me, and it was quite clear that the circus freak actors were picked for what they looked like rather than any acting skills. Some people love it, but I just didn't.

I told my boss about Dexter, he told me about Carnivale. I don't think I got the good end of that deal.

Needful Things

Saw this last night on BBC1 based on a Stephen King book, about this bloke [implied he's the Devil] who sets up shop "selling" things that people kinda want the most. One kid wanted this super rare baseball card, gives a bit of money but then has to perform a "favour", which seems like a harmless prank to him but it fans the flames on people who think it's someone else who has a grudge. Times this by about 15 and everyone starts killing each other.

Seven Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

I told my boss about Dexter, he told me about Carnivale. I don't think I got the good end of that deal.

Carnivale had potential, but fell flat on it's face because of it's cancelation. However, that only happens near the end of season 2, which leads me to conclude you just weren't the right person for it.

As for Dexter... yes, you got the bad end of that deal. Even if Season 2 wasn't as good as 1, it's still better than Carnivale.

I'll have a pillage :)

28 Weeks Later was a dissapointment. Considered stopping the movie several times. Just far, far, faaar too many moments of ridiculous inhumanity, and too many instances of clearly awful foresight.

I hear there's a third movie in the planning. Some potential there as always, but I don't have high hopes.

:( It wasn't a bad film, just...it wasn't as "new" as Days was. It just expanded more than recreated.

Anyway, last two films I watched were:

Wall-E

I got to watch this with my gorgeous, and I loved every second of it. I left the cinema saying "EEEEEEEVVVE-AAAAAA" haha. :)

Wall-E just oozes personality, and the animators have done a great job of bringing him to life and making him his own character.

The film did have a cheesy message about humans standing up for their planet and "doing it for themselves" but it fit in and never seemed out of place, too enforced or tacked on.

9/10. Definitely worth seeing, this is great. :)

The Fifth Element

I love The Willis (see avatar for pr00fz0r) and this is a pretty fun film. I know people who think that this film really grates on their cheese, but it hits my spot. "Multi-pass" hahaha.

Anyway, this is pretty decent, and has some good performances from Jovovovovovovich, Sir Ian Holm and Chris Tucker (haha). Its daft, but if you don't take your films too seriously, and enjoy watching them for...enjoyment, then I recommend this.

8/10. :)

The Fifth Element

I love The Willis (see avatar for pr00fz0r) and this is a pretty fun film. I know people who think that this film really grates on their cheese, but it hits my spot. "Multi-pass" hahaha.

Anyway, this is pretty decent, and has some good performances from Jovovovovovovich, Sir Ian Holm and Chris Tucker (haha). Its daft, but if you don't take your films too seriously, and enjoy watching them for...enjoyment, then I recommend this.

8/10. :)

Sometimes my wife turns to me, when she really wants something, and says "purlase halp" (please help) like Jovovich does. Those words have power!

Plus, in general, she is well tasty.

Wall-E

I got to watch this with my gorgeous, and I loved every second of it. I left the cinema saying "EEEEEEEVVVE-AAAAAA" haha. :)

Wall-E just oozes personality, and the animators have done a great job of bringing him to life and making him his own character.

The film did have a cheesy message about humans standing up for their planet and "doing it for themselves" but it fit in and never seemed out of place, too enforced or tacked on.

9/10. Definitely worth seeing, this is great. :)

WAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL-EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yes, it rocks! Saw it three times now and I still love it oh so very much, haha! I'd still go and watch it again even, can't get enough of it. =)

"Don't worry... Be happy!"

=D