N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Princess Mononoke

I've been wanting to see this for ages! I take my hat off to Film4 for showing Ghibli films, also for saying this was one of the films to see before you die, because it was.

I expected this to be as good as everyone has said it was, and I wasn't disappointed.

It was epic, it was beautiful, and just all-round amazing. I loved every chugging minute of it.

10/10

i too, watched last night, watching the subtitled version. id seen a bit of the dubbed version oc c4 over christmas, so was supprised by the violence.

the problem with having sub titles was that it drew attention from the truly beautiful animation. it was a blessing when my friend phoned mind you, as i could read and listen to her.

i'll give it an 8.5/10, simply due to the fact that it was too beatiful for subtitles.

also, fellowship of the ring

a great film, the scenes in moria and the ending are truly breath taking, though i feel that like tolkiens work itself, it can be a little dry between battles

8/10

the two towers

thats how you do a battle scene! i did find the sam and frodo bits a little long winded, and the merry and pippin parts before they got the ents to fight where too long. still, a 9/10

Monsters Inc.

While it doesn't have the most over powering message (don't judge a book by it's cover) it's amazingly funny and shockingly, takes place over one day!

9/10

Over the Hedge

Meh, average... 6/10

Indiana dooooooooooooooom edition!

Well, there was only one really bad plot hole, why's voodoo being used? where did that come from? i wonder what happens if you poked the indy dolls hat..

8/10

Ratatouille

This wasn't bad. I liked the characters and how the story played out, but it wasn't really that funny, more charming and sweet i'd say. But that's not a bad thing as not all cartoons have to be all-out comedy's.

8/10

Enemy Of The State

I love this film anyway but it has been a long time since i've seen it. It's so good, i love the plot and believability of it all even though it's so outrageous. And Will Smith is of course brilliant as always.

9/10

Bad Company

Another film i resurrected and i'm glad i did as i forgot how good it was. Chris Rock is hilarious. If you like films like Bad Boys, Rush Hour and Blue Streak etc, you have to see this. You will love it.

9/10

Hulk (the new one)

Better than I thought it might be from the trailer which yes, spoils the movie horribly. I'm never watching any trailers again. The acting was good I think, especially in regards to Roth, Norton was unremarkable, in the end he really doesn't get that much screen time. The general's acting is mostly just a blank stare, I thought Liv Tyler's acting was a bit stale as well. The story is nothing spectacular, nuanced enough to appear original. CGI was actually ok, theres a fair amount of it although I was never really fully satisfied, the CGI seems to have a soft glow which lets me know I'm actually looking at it. Not that a Hulk could ever be realistic but it certainly doesn't try to be. The final fight is graphic and action packed, I liked it a lot.

Oh and don't bother staying until after the credits, the last scene is what you want, and its awesome.

You mean The Happening? I've read the twist in that, and I'm certainly not going to bother with this now.

Yeah, I haven't read the twist but I read a couple reviews and apparently Walberg fucks it up a bit and the whole thing is a bit of a let-down.

But: I liked The Village. I liked Signs. Haven't seen Lady in the Water.

Ill probably still see it as I do like M Night Shyamalan, and I liked The Villiage, which didnt get very good reviews...plus the trailer has me rather curious.

--------------------------

The Incredible Hulk

Whooo! Was excellente. I wouldnt say it was as good as Iron Man, but it is completely different. It is extremely Marvel-y and awesome. Lots of little bits to just setup general things. The CGI is excellent, all very good. Nice little teasers. Oh and Emil Blonsky is absolutely a fucking awesome oh. Best character in it. His dialogue steals the show.

8.6/10

THERE IS NOT A SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS by the way.

Which is fucking retarded as fuck because Nick Fury is not in the film, even though I had heard from many sources that he definitely filmed scenes for both Iron Man and Hulk. Bit annoying...I can only guess it might be a DVD extra.

Ill probably still see it as I do like M Night Shyamalan, and I liked The Villiage, which didnt get very good reviews...plus the trailer has me rather curious.

--------------------------

The Incredible Hulk

Whooo! Was excellente. I wouldnt say it was as good as Iron Man, but it is completely different. It is extremely Marvel-y and awesome. Lots of little bits to just setup general things. The CGI is excellent, all very good. Nice little teasers. Oh and Emil Blonsky is absolutely a fucking awesome oh. Best character in it. His dialogue steals the show.

8.6/10

THERE IS NOT A SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS by the way.

Which is fucking retarded as fuck because Nick Fury is not in the film, even though I had heard from many sources that he definitely filmed scenes for both Iron Man and Hulk. Bit annoying...I can only guess it might be a DVD extra.

Apparently an extra 70 minutes featuring the origin of Captain America that was filmed for Hulk was cut, perhaps for future DVD release.

Don't believe it though.

I kinda want to see Hulk, but Chairdriver is so annoying film-wise. He'd prefer to do nothing than be mildly entertained. It's funny for the first few films you miss due to not wanting to go by yourself, but after the third or so...:indeed:

Apparently an extra 70 minutes featuring the origin of Captain America that was filmed for Hulk was cut, perhaps for future DVD release.

Don't believe it though.

I kinda want to see Hulk, but Chairdriver is so annoying film-wise. He'd prefer to do nothing than be mildly entertained. It's funny for the first few films you miss due to not wanting to go by yourself, but after the third or so...:indeed:

Go by yourself. I do all the time.

Go by yourself. I do all the time.

I need to start doing this! Mainly because no one wants to see Kung fu Panda with me. :p But also because I have missed too many movies I wanted to see as I never have anyone to go with.

In general studies I hav been watching:

AN INCONVIENIANT TRUTH!

I wanted to watch March of the Penguins! (what's more awesome than penguins? :D) and started up my protest my chanting PENGUINS, PENGUINS, PENGUINS but alas I was on my own and so we watched this.

It's a very interesting movie/documentary which got me thinking about the idea of global warming and such and Al Gore made a great presentation on it.

4 Bears out of 7. Not a movie you can really review though. :)

The Day After Tomorrow

Why is it called "The Day After Tomorrow"? The film stops before we find out what happens the day after tomorrow. How do they rebuild the shattered remains of America? How have things changed?

Crap disaster movie. Deep Impact did it better, earlier.

I really want to see Deep Impact again now...

Anyway, TDAT:

5/10

The Day After Tomorrow

Why is it called "The Day After Tomorrow"? The film stops before we find out what happens the day after tomorrow. How do they rebuild the shattered remains of America? How have things changed?

Crap disaster movie. Deep Impact did it better, earlier.

I really want to see Deep Impact again now...

Anyway, TDAT:

5/10

I want back the 2 hrs that this film stole off me :blank:

The Incredible Hulk

Wow another semi-dud from the newly established Marvel Studios. I found nearly everything about this version worse than Ang Lee's earlier effort. The first hulk out was the only real exilerating scene and the pacing was just too quick for my liking. The soundtrack was too 'Bourne-like' (e.g even when he was simply experimenting with a serum the film required a thumping bass line to accompany it).

The character development was the biggest flaw, for a film that ignores the previous outing it doesn't do a very good job of filling you in. Colonel Ross just came across as too evil without decent justification only for then to turn over a new leaf within 10 seconds.

It's just a shame that 2003's Hulk is so undeservedly ignored, I felt that Ang Lee worked hard in creating something different, allowing the characters to grow (admittedly very slowly) and creating a fascinating origin story that sculpted Bruce into a sympathetic character. Then for it to be trampled on by this shallow attempt at story telling.

5/10

The Company of Wolves 9/10

My dad picked this up for me 'cause Sarah Patterson is my third cousin or something, and this was was very successful, critically.

I have to say, it left me thinking WTF. In an amazing way. The "main story" is so intentionally...I don't know the word, it's not cheesy. Fairytale-esque fits, and that's what it is. The effects got the 18 rating were pretty cool for the timne (1984), and the famous one that's on the cover is indeed cool.

The end seems to suddenly inform your brain that this film was great.

It's themes are evident, but vague enough so they aren't too obvious...Agh I dunno what to say.

If you like a somewhat more odd but definitely worthwhile watch, get this.

I loved it.