Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Muppet Christmas Carol

Shorter than I remembered it to be, but still very good fun. Catchy songs and it made me feel that little bit more Christmassy!

8/10

Jumanji

Yawn... The first 30mins or so is quite good, but it fails afterwards. Robin Williams look's like he is having fun tho.

4.5/10

Infernal Affairs I,II&III 10/10

Brilliant, just brilliant. I mean every part of it was so well done, the entire trilogy just melted together to form this one epic story. The acting, the music, the presentation, all incredible. The movie keeps you guessing and never feels like its forced. You owe it to yourself to find this and watch it, top 10 for me.

Jumanji

Yawn... The first 30mins or so is quite good, but it fails afterwards. Robin Williams look's like he is having fun tho.

4.5/10

oh go away.. That's a classic of a film. Highly entertaining but lost a bit of credibily when nickaladeon(i dont know how you spell it) started showing it as part of their NICK FLICKS.

8/10

Hmmm, this is the one good thing about TV... you come home from uni, lay yourself down on the sofa, turn on the TV and guess what's on? That's right, it's:

The Neverending Story

This is one of the flicks that shaped my childhood.

I think I'll never actually read the book, despite how good it's supposed to be, but the movie still has everything it usd to had, that magic is still there, only this time around, I saw the flaws, and there are some gaping ones. Despite that, this is like the Goonies, one of those movies wich will always remain good in my heart, for nostalgia's sake.

7/10.

Btw, the lawsuit surrounding this movie has got to be one of the stupidest ever... I mean, suing (sp?) it for false advertising because it ends is just genious! And the guy walked away with like 3 million dollars or so. Priceless! :D

Hmmm, this is the one good thing about TV... you come home from uni, lay yourself down on the sofa, turn on the TV and guess what's on? That's right, it's:

The Neverending Story

I think I'll never actually read the book, despite how good it's supposed to be, but the movie still has everything it usd to had, that magic is still there, only this time around, I saw the flaws, and there are some gaping ones. Despite that, this is like the Goonies, one of those movies wich will always remain good in my heart, for nostalgia's sake.

7/10.

Btw, the lawsuit surrounding this movie has got to be one of the stupidest ever... I mean, suing (sp?) it for false advertising because it ends is just genious! And the guy walked away with like 3 million dollars or so. Priceless! :D

The book (translated from German) is way better if you ask me, but the film also shaped my childhood... I haven't seen it recently, so I can't really judge how good I think it is.

The Golden Compass

I expected something terrible. It wasn't that bad. It probably wasn't so bad for me because I remember stuff like Dust and Dæmons from the books, but I've forgotten most of the plot.

The worst thing was Lyra's accent. It was just irritating. Still, at least Iorek sounded like a powerful Wizard.

6/10

The Neverending Story

7/10.

That movie has always been one of my favourites, and I loved it as a kid. Everything about it was just great, even though it missed out on a ton of stuff from the book. Watched it again last year or the year before and sure, it's really aged now and someone who didn't grow up with it will most likely hate it, but I still love it, despite its flaws.

But then again the book is probably one of my favourite books ever. Got it as a birthday present as a kid and keep reading it again from time to time. Seriously, check it out cause it's awesome. ^________^

Looking to watch Neverending Story 2 soon, which I know isn't as good as the first one. Don't even remember much from that really (apart from what's in the book). Can't find the movie anywhere around here though.

That movie has always been one of my favourites, and I loved it as a kid. Everything about it was just great, even though it missed out on a ton of stuff from the book. Watched it again last year or the year before and sure, it's really aged now and someone who didn't grow up with it will most likely hate it, but I still love it, despite its flaws.

But then again the book is probably one of my favourite books ever. Got it as a birthday present as a kid and keep reading it again from time to time. Seriously, check it out cause it's awesome. ^________^

Looking to watch Neverending Story 2 soon, which I know isn't as good as the first one. Don't even remember much from that really (apart from what's in the book). Can't find the movie anywhere around here though.

I'm sick and tired of fantasy novels... :S I just can't read them anymore, not when I got myself used to reading Murakami and such. :heh:

But yeah, I know the book is like 100x better than the movie.

Oh, and if I were to rate the movie for it's true worth it'd be something more like a 6/10. But nostalgia is powerfull! :D

The Golden Compass

Extremely mediorce.

Compared to the other big book adaptations, it was really bad. I don't particularly like the Harry Potter films, but they were much better.

It tried to cram far too much into 2 hours, making the scenes too short, and making everything seem disjointed.

Also, nothing actually exciting happens. Books don't need action to make them good books. Films do. I was almost bored about half way through.

Nicole Kidman and her evil monkey were the best things about the film.

6/10

The Girl Who Lept Through Time

Bloody brilliant, it's amazing how they can make a movie that's fun, funny and very serious and emotive at the same time. Also very very beautiful.

I'm sick and tired of fantasy novels... :S I just can't read them anymore, not when I got myself used to reading Murakami and such. :heh:

Don't go narrow-minded on me now!

Terminator 3

It's allright, but the last half is very badly rushed. Should have been another 30mins to this film.

6.5/10

Love Actually

The Pulp Fiction of romantic comedy's, and my favourite. This film makes me very happy indeed, and Billy Mack's (Bill Nighy) cover of Love Is All Around rocks!

8/10

The Girl Who Lept Through Time

Bloody brilliant, it's amazing how they can make a movie that's fun, funny and very serious and emotive at the same time. Also very very beautiful.

Don't go narrow-minded on me now!

None of that... I just meant that right now I'm at a "no fantasy" phase.

And yes, the movie is superb. :D

The Simpsons Movie

Re-watched it on DVD earlier tonight. I didn't laugh half as much as I did in the cinema, but I still found some parts awesomely funny, i.e "Clap for Alaska" and a few other things. I liked the story, I just wish some of the characters had more of a part, though it's expected they would have to miss some out due to the amount of characters and the length of the movie. It was like an extended episode, but it managed to keep my attention throughout which was good.

7.5/10

Watched a fair few films this weekend

Before Sunset: Follow up to Before Sunrise, nowhere near as good not that it was ever going to be. Shot in real time though which is cool, pretty short at an hour and a quarter but it was an enjoyable if unnecessary sequal. 7/10

Y Tu Mama Tambian : Really good take on the "road trip" movie Gael Garcia Bernal is excellent as always. 8.5/10

Full Metal Jacket HD-DVD : Brilliant film HD transfer not great, there is a newer transfer out then the one I have though I think. Still a great film anyway. 9.5/10

Batman Begins HD-DVD : Film was as good as ever, Katie Holmes aside. The HD really shows though the film just looks so crisper, the 2nd best Picture quality on a HD disc I have seen (behind Transformers) Can't wait for The Dark Knight. 8.5/10

Blade Runner Directors Cut HD-DVD : I had never seen Blade Runner before. HD transfer was pretty good. The sound in particular was excellent.

7/10

The Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD : Great Film, HD transfer pretty good (much better then Bourne Identity). 8/10 Hopefully Ultimatium arrives tomorrow.

Sure I watched something else as well.... Cant remember what it was though.

Watched a fair few films this weekend

Before Sunset: Follow up to Before Sunrise, nowhere near as good not that it was ever going to be. Shot in real time though which is cool, pretty short at an hour and a quarter but it was an enjoyable if unnecessary sequal. 7/10

Y Tu Mama Tambian : Really good take on the "road trip" movie Gael Garcia Bernal is excellent as always. 8.5/10

Full Metal Jacket HD-DVD : Brilliant film HD transfer not great, there is a newer transfer out then the one I have though I think. Still a great film anyway. 9.5/10

Batman Begins HD-DVD : Film was as good as ever, Katie Holmes aside. The HD really shows though the film just looks so crisper, the 2nd best Picture quality on a HD disc I have seen (behind Transformers) Can't wait for The Dark Knight. 8.5/10

Blade Runner Directors Cut HD-DVD : I had never seen Blade Runner before. HD transfer was pretty good. The sound in particular was excellent.

7/10

The Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD : Great Film, HD transfer pretty good (much better then Bourne Identity). 8/10 Hopefully Ultimatium arrives tomorrow.

Sure I watched something else as well.... Cant remember what it was though.

A 7 for Blade Runner? Come on Noodle... :(

ALSO:

Bourne Ultimatum is better than Identity and Supremacy combined. :D

I really dont get the hype for Blade Runner. It was a good film but not great, although I can appreciate that it was pretty groundbreaking for its time its not something ill be rushing to rewatch.

It was the first who pondered on the impact of artificial inteligence. The way Scott made things happen is... fantastic. :D

Plus, there's always this:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Best quote ever.

The Golden Compass.

Urgh, quite possible the most generic fantasy film ever (well maybe since Narnia, actually probably worse) The girl who played Lyra was beyond irritating, there's not a single epic moment, it's too slow and filled with exposition. Still there's some nice CGI.

Sam Elliot and Daniel Craig were great though despite barely and screen time but overall it was a snoozefest.

5/10

And what the hell is Dust? It never really gets explained.

EDIT: At least the part where the polar bear says to Lyra "Do you wish to ride me?" gave us light comic relief.