Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

There Will Be Blood

Just stunning. I loved every second of it. It actually lived up to my hype.

10/10

Oh Jesus christ, I've just checked the listings for my local mutliplex. They're not showing There Will Be Blood or No Country For Old Men, but are showing National Treasure 2, Definitely Maybe, Underdog, Ocean's Thirteen and Dirty Dancing (yes, Dirty-bloody-Dancing.) This sucks considerable bollocks.

There Will Be Blood

Just stunning. I loved every second of it. It actually lived up to my hype.

10/10

Man, this isn't playing in any theatre in Merseyside, or even, as far as I can tell, The whole North West. I really want to see TWBB, but I might have to end up watching it by illegal means.

Wes Craven. Lol.

When he's good (Scream, Red Eye) he's great but when he's not (Cursed) he's terrible.

--

Right, I tried watching 300 again, without being completely hammered this time. Can you guess what I'm going to say? It was even fucking worse.

I just got so bored, other than the amazing style, I'd rather watch it with the sound off so I don't have to hear some of the terrible dialogue and am able to watch Gerard Butler half naked in peace.

Yawn.

2.5/10

Man, this isn't playing in any theatre in Merseyside, or even, as far as I can tell, The whole North West. I really want to see TWBB, but I might have to end up watching it by illegal means.

It doesnt go on full release until Friday, Some cinemas got advance screenings this week.

It´s starting to look like your trying to get someone to snap back at you about 300.

But your not doing that right?

I'm not, honest. I thought I'd give it a fair try, seeing as I was a little hammered the first time. But I just don't see the appeal of it, other than the style of the thing.

It looks sort of like Sin City right? I've never seen that, is it any good?

The Heartbreak Kid

I wouldnt say this was a hilarious comedy, more of romantic-comedy. The funny moments did make me laugh out loud occasionally, most notably the sex scenes, and the love relationship is well managed so that we dont end up hating the main character (he pursues another woman on his honeymoon). Altogether, i found it enjoyable to watch and generally hoped to see a satisfactory ending, which it supplied without being cheesy. Good stuff.

8/10

Aye, Sin City blows 300 out of the water. 300 is a fight scene, the graphic novel was one big wank fest for Frank Miller.

Sin City is cool, smart, and has a wicked sweet story. Oh and Alba.

Seriously, you cant even compare to two in terms of quality IMO, Sin City is excellent and Im not even that big-a fan of it.

When he's good (Scream, Red Eye) he's great but when he's not (Cursed) he's terrible.

--

Right, I tried watching 300 again, without being completely hammered this time. Can you guess what I'm going to say? It was even fucking worse.

I just got so bored, other than the amazing style, I'd rather watch it with the sound off so I don't have to hear some of the terrible dialogue and am able to watch Gerard Butler half naked in peace.

Yawn.

2.5/10

haha I thought 300 was an amazing film, but that's because I was sat giggling at it.

I need to grow up. :heh:

300 was a great film, I loved it.

With 300, they appear to have made the fatal mistake of deliberately attempting to create a film that's that's so bad it's good. The inevitable result was it was just plain bad.

No no, you're thinking of Snakes on a Plane (Which I loved the first time and was bored with the second time).

300 looked great and seeing as how I actually didn't know what was coming, the story itself was great to experience in that way.

Well... 300 is a great action movie. End of story. But it's not supposed to be anything more than that, so it's a success.

I think it's great. It captures Miller's original art work ridiculously well, and is feverishly in line with the idea of the events being legend as opposed to history. The super strength, hyper pace, immediacy of character traits etc- it's all a fantastic take on Myth in general.

I think it's great. It captures Miller's original art work ridiculously well, and is feverishly in line with the idea of the events being legend as opposed to history. The super strength, hyper pace, immediacy of character traits etc- it's all a fantastic take on Myth in general.

I wish you could be there every time my friends start slating it for being unrealistic... or just in general when people start saying that

I agree on that the movie captures the novel immensely the thing I thought the story in the novel was much more interesting than the movie.