NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

themajestic.jpg

Pretty decent movie which sees Jim Carrey portray 2 characters, a movie-writer Peter Appleton and a long-lost war hero, Luke Trimble. How he crosses between characters all occurs after an accident which causes his memories of his movie life to be forgotten and a town to think he their war-hero has returned. It's a good story, great atmosphere that takes you back to 1940's America. Memories return of his movie life, and he has to return to face Hollywood once again.

8.5/10

Robin Hood

russell-crowe-as-robin-hood.jpg

Absolutley nothing like I thought it would be. More... "epic" than the "small scale" concept of Prince of Thieves.

8/10

Robin Hood

Absolutley nothing like I thought it would be. More... "epic" than the "small scale" concept of Prince of Thieves.

8/10

Where's the 'just kidding' part to that post? I haven't seen Persia, but the new Robin Hood was shite.

Just saw Batman Begins on ITV, not seen it before. I thought it was pretty awesome, maybe even better than The Dark Knight. Christian Bale was OK, but I can't help but feel there must be a few people that would've played the role more professionally/awesomely.

14.6/17.1

Prince of Persia

Completely generic bullshit. So neutral... if Ihad to describe it with a colour, it'dmost definitely be beige. Gah.

Switzerland/10

Just saw Batman Begins on ITV, not seen it before. I thought it was pretty awesome, maybe even better than The Dark Knight. Christian Bale was OK, but I can't help but feel there must be a few people that would've played the role more professionally/awesomely.

14.6/17.1

Begins has a much greater sense of "Gotham City". TDK just looks/feels like New York.

Robin Hood

8/10

Where's the 'just kidding' part to that post? I haven't seen Persia, but the new Robin Hood was shite.

Agreed. It was seriously boring, I literally almost fell asleep! I liked Prince of Persia, it's just fun and nothing to take seriously in my opinion. For a video game adaptation, it is good, I've seen a lot worse out there. Each to their own I suppose.

For a video game adaptation, it is good

Hardly!

Considering the video game lends itself to stunning visuals, and all we got was a shite beige middle-of-the-road action comedy.

If I were directing it, I'd have near none dialogue, and just stunning fight scenes and visuals, and it would 100% be a more interesting film.

Hardly!

Considering the video game lends itself to stunning visuals, and all we got was a shite beige middle-of-the-road action comedy.

If I were directing it, I'd have near none dialogue, and just stunning fight scenes and visuals, and it would 100% be a more interesting film.

As I said, it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously in my opinion. It was just a bit of mindless fun and I've seen video game adaptations that suck: Mortal Kombat Annihilation, Resident Evil, Super Mario Bros...I think Prince of Persia is a good video game adaptation.

Date Night

Quite a funny movie, I liked it. Tina Fey is just brilliant, I love her.

8/10

Remember Me

Shock! Robert Pattinson showed emotion! Surprisingly good movie, I liked it. The end was a great twist.

6/10

Robert Pattinson is capable of showing emotions, they just all are related to toilets.

Speaking off him, I watched Twilight yesterday with Rifftrax on, only way to watch this film.

Made it, hilarious.

Robert Pattinson is capable of showing emotions, they just all are related to toilets.

Speaking off him, I watched Twilight yesterday with Rifftrax on, only way to watch this film.

Made it, hilarious.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLadies

Prince of Persia

Completely generic bullshit. So neutral... if Ihad to describe it with a colour, it'dmost definitely be beige. Gah.

Switzerland/10

Suppose people have different opinions. I quite liked it when i saw it.

Agreed. It was seriously boring, I literally almost fell asleep!

I wouldn't go that far. But they did try having too many separate plot lines coming together at the end.

I wouldn't go that far. But they did try having too many separate plot lines coming together at the end.

I was being serious, I think it was about half an hour or forty-five minutes into the movie, I almost nodded off but I remained awake.

Mr. Nobody

A fantastic movie, I absolutely loved it. It really made you think.

9/10

I definitely fell asleep for a bit while watching Prince of Persia for the second time.

Unless they drastically changed the plot to an old british woman driving a mini in 18th century britain pulling up outside an old victorian house and then crashing into a lampost. :p

I was being serious, I think it was about half an hour or forty-five minutes into the movie, I almost nodded off but I remained awake.

Mr. Nobody

A fantastic movie, I absolutely loved it. It really made you think.

9/10

Belgian film, whoo! Supposed to be good. I still have to see it though, missed it in the cinema. =(

Saw UP again this weekend. Still love it so much. Makes me laugh every time. Now I can't wait for Toy Story 3. Pixar are just too good at making films!

Suppose people have different opinions. I quite liked it when i saw it.

Yeah, but you pay to get your Avatar some hot new clothes on Xbox live. Not an insult, just saying, it's clear we don't really see eye to eye on that many things...

Belgian film, whoo! Supposed to be good. I still have to see it though, missed it in the cinema. =(

Honestly, you REALLY need to watch this! Everybody does!

Date Night

Quite a funny movie, I liked it. Tina Fey is just brilliant, I love her.

8/10

I read that as Date Movie at first. :woops: which is possibly the worst film i have ever seen

I read that as Date Movie at first. :woops: which is possibly the worst film i have ever seen

So did I.

I've never watched it the whole way through.

So did I.

I've never watched it the whole way through.

EURGH! Seltzer and Friedburg are possibly the worst thing ever to happen to cinema! They need to be arrested for their crimes!

The Baader-Meinhof Complex

Watched this again to get me in the mood for researching my dissertation. I think it's an excellent account of the group and its actions through its most significant period. However, I get the impression that for someone who's never heard of the group, it'd be extremely hard to follow. Even with a bit of background knowledge, knowing all the characters is a tad tricky upon first viewing. Nevertheless, I love how it's been done and it's kinda chilling when you think that some of the stuff that happens in the movie, actually occurred in real life. My interest in researching the group has peaked as a result!

For the enthusiast (perhaps not the best term) - 9/10

For the typical viewer - 7/10

Cloverfield.

cloverfield-poster.jpg

It was alright, from the very beginning I wanted all the main characters to die, none of them were likeable. :p

Monsters design was a bit bland but I did enjoy the little spider ticky monster things that kill everyone, that was fun. :D

Date Night : It was alright but I expected more from a Tina Fey / Steve Carrell partnership really. 6/10

Shutter Island: Win , even though I basicaly guessed the ZOMG PLOT TWIST about 10 minutes into the film it was still fantastic 8.5/10