Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The follwoing sketches/scenes are hillariously funny :- The Black Knight, Knights of the Round table song and dance, The Knights who say Ni, The Wedding, Tim the Enchanter, The Cave of Caerbannog and The Bridge of Death, but the rest (and quite a large portion) of the film is quite dull.

6/10

angrypanda.jpg

The follwoing sketches/scenes are hillariously funny :- The Black Knight, Knights of the Round table song and dance, The Knights who say Ni, The Wedding, Tim the Enchanter, The Cave of Caerbannog and The Bridge of Death, but the rest (and quite a large portion) of the film is quite dull.

6/10

ShockJillGgallery.jpg

What Women Want

Been meaning to see this for a while, and I enjoyed it immesnly. Keep's you entertained and there are a few laughs to be had. Weak ending though.

8/10

6/10

1172491225168.jpg

Am I doing it right

SO YAR THER BE A TOPIC?

Lost in Translation

Saw it for the first time the other day - strikes me as a movie my kids will find utterly boring, but the concept was nice. The roles were suited to the actors because they basically had to be themselves, which is why they did such a good job. The film's nicely paced and, as someone pointed out, the opening shot is mega-cool ;)

I do wonder how the Japanese responded to the movie, whether they found it disrespectful or not. And to be honest, the movie actually left me feeling a little depressed about life and love.

But credit goes to the production of the movie - done in under a month entirely on location, often without permission.

Suntory/10

Lost In Translation is one of my fave films.

Anywhoo: American Psycho - First time I've seen this, and I don't think I've been so wierded out by a film for quite a while. 10/10.

So do you think Bateman actually did all those things or not?

Don't think so, but then, he's so self absorbed that whether those things physically happened or not doesn't matter, the consequences, or lack of, are the same.

Well as a sociopath he has little regard to the morality of reacting in a socially acceptable way to the triggers of his 'imagination' (shall we say), so it's more than just the acts are irrelevant - it's that he is contemplating acting against society which leads to the teleological consequence of, what, insanity? His mind wanted him to act out against society as he was trapped in a superficial world where everyone had practically uniform business cards, went to eat wherever was most popular, and be so concerned with their outward appearance as to waste chunks of your life daily in maintaining the status quo.paihsofoebobfei

Man i just wrote A LOT MORE shit after that. I gotta go return some videotapes.

pieceofcrap.png

Only bought it for the (fantastic) Rifftrax. Man, it really is as bad as I remember it. Not only the worst film ever made, but possibly the worst thing mankind has ever done.

Please! B+R is by no means the worst film ever made.

Look up The Hottie and The Nottie.

True Romance

It was OK. I wish Tarantino directed it though, but alas, he had to sell his script to make Reservoir Dogs. Quite a lot of decent moments, but the best parts were with Gary Oldman and Christopher Walken. I'll give it.

7/10

Superbad

It was good. Not awesome good, but good good. The guy from Juno was awesome, the other one was annoying and McLovin was...McLovin. I really liked the ending, which is a miracle for me and movies. I laughed outloud a fair few times, but it fell flat a couple of times too. Still, the best comedy movie I've seen in a fair while.

8/10