NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Direct : 09 / 02 / 22 (10pm UK time)

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:
  • As the local Fire Emblem aficionado, I should address some recent "leaks" that started circulating recently...
  The supposed leaks (Reveal hidden contents)

There are supposed to be three games in development: a new mainline game, a spin-off of sorts, and a full blown remake that's actually two games in one.

(It should be noted that the last part is the easiest prediction to make. FE4 & FE5 take place around the same time in the same continent, and FE6 & FE7 take place in the same continent as well)

...but on a personal note, I don't believe any of that. Fire Emblem has been historically leak-free, and these rumours feel like a retread of previous unfounded rumours. I recommend they be disregarded.

I've not seen any leaks and so I won't take a peak at your spoilers. I just figured it's been long enough now since Three Houses for the next FE to be revealed.

I wonder if Goldeneye will show up here? I know an achievement list was recently found and also some people have been hinting at its return. The game hasn't aged well at all but having it part of the N64 subscription service would certainly get a lot of people excited and nostalgic.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Julius said:

So I'm going to dream for something else, or rather, some things, which have also graced a two-screened Nintendo console: Dragon Quest IV - VI and Dragon Quest VIII Remastered (also coming to other consoles, it'll have the orchestrated OST but the additions of the 3DS version). Because last year's Dragon Quest anniversary quite frankly sucked, so let's see it S-E. 

There's plenty I want from S-E (FF XIII trilogy...) but expecting anything more than an update on Chocobo GP tonight is folly. :( DQB3!

14 hours ago, Sméagol said:

They're buying Microsoft. You heard it here first.

Seems more likely than my wildest hopes and dreams which are them going back on their word and doing another major Super Mario Maker 2 update and the fabled Animal Crossing: New Horizons QoL update becoming reality. 

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

200.gif

I'm gonna guess a new Fire Emblem game will be shown and Persona 4 Golden will finally be revealed for Switch.

Personally, I just want to see what's in store for Kirby's anniversary and a little more of Advance Wars. Anything else will be a bonus.

Poor Sliced Bread Beanstalk Mickey Mouse GIF - Find ...

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

There's plenty I want from S-E (FF XIII trilogy...) but expecting anything more than an update on Chocobo GP tonight is folly. :( 

I would certainly pick up FFXIII if it was released on Switch. I love that game. I imagine @Glen-i would as well. I've heard he's a fan of it. :p 

I'm actually looking forward to Chocobo Racing. I'm just hope they go all out with the soundtrack and character selection.

• Haha 2

Ah, here we go again! I love the speculation and dreams for these Directs.  Predictions then:

Actual Guesses

Virtually all focus to be on games we already know a little about:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Advance Wars, Two Point Campus, Triangle Strategy, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope, Life is Strange Remaster, Kingdom Hearts and Fall Guys.

I agree that Majora’s Mask will be shadow  dropped.  Plus new games coming soon announced for NSO: Kirby 64 and the return of Boogerman for Mega Drive!

Just a brief update on Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

DLC for the latest Mario Party.

More Optimistic Guesses

New F-Zero game, plus using F-Zero X on NSO to help hype it.

New Donkey Kong.

Goldeneye (would love the HD remaster, but if somehow it comes it’ll surely disappointingly be a port).

Things people are wishing for but won’t be shown…

Name for Zelda: BotW 2.

GameBoy / GBA on NSO (they’re saving this, plus the inclusion of a localised Mother 3 for E3 you see…………….)

New Super Mario (not a new New Super Mario Bros though!)

Metroid 4 / Metroid Trilogy (nothing more than a logo to look at still).

Edited by WackerJr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would certainly pick up FFXIII-2 if it was released on Switch. I love that game. I imagine @Glen-i would as well. I've heard he's a fan of it. :p 

There we go. Easy mistake to make, the numbering in these sequels has always been weird. You're welcome.

• Haha 1

nintendodirect09022022banner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct to be broadcast today

Now up on the main page.

Zero hype, expectations, or expended energy into the hypothetical from me...

...though it will be interesting to see what's revealed in the moment.

The usual Roundup article will be up on the main page later tonight.

See you in just under twelve hours. :peace:

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Zero hype, expectations, or expended energy into the hypothetical from me...

...though it will be interesting to see what's revealed in the moment.

Same with me :) Going in with no expectations. Whatever comes will be nice, unless it will be a bore fest. But I will be online here and have my mates at messenger, so it will be a good, social experience anyway.

• Thanks 1

I think we'll get a nice show of stuff that is already on the way like Advance Wars, Kirby, Splatoon 3. I'm hoping to get a date for Bayonetta 3, some new info on BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4. To be honest I have plenty to play so I don't really need anything else haha.

We might see something new Kirby anniversary related, the 1-2 Switch successor that's been rumoured for a while, and maybe successors to Xenoblade and Fire Emblem. Also, there is no new Mario announced so I guess he will make an appearance? Be it a new 2D, 3D or spin-off, surely Mario has to show.

• Like 1

Guessing time?

New Jackbox esc "adult orientated" party game from Nintendo

Fire Emblem 4 Remake

Splatoon 3 and Advance Wars 1+2 release dates

Kirby 30th anniversary celebration announcements

Mario Party Superstars DLC announcement

Hollow Knight Silk Song trailer

Buddy Mission Bond localisation announcement

New Bayonetta 3 footage

Majora's Mask shadow drop

First trailer for The Mario Movie

Mario Strikers 3

Guessing time :)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

A lot of people saying that Majora's Mask shadow drop will happen, but I'm not so sure. I expect it to show up though.

It's only been 2 weeks since Banjo-Kazooie.

Is it really a shadow drop if they just release it 2 weeks earlier than planned?

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

A lot of people saying that Majora's Mask shadow drop will happen, but I'm not so sure. I expect it to show up though.

It's only been 2 weeks since Banjo-Kazooie.

9 minutes ago, bob said:

Is it really a shadow drop if they just release it 2 weeks earlier than planned?

Banjo Kazooie was actually released a bit late (BK came out January 20th, while Paper Mario came out January 10th).

So if Majora's Mask comes out tonight (which I do think is pretty likely; it's an easy win and an easy big promotion for the NSO service alongside Splatoon 3), it would actually be putting the NSO N64 schedule back on track.

Speaking of which... a Splatoon 3 Testfire coming out tonight as an NSO exclusive would also make a ton of sense...

Edited by Dcubed

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would certainly pick up FFXIII if it was released on Switch. I love that game. I imagine @Glen-i would as well. I've heard he's a fan of it. :p 

I'm actually looking forward to Chocobo Racing. I'm just hope they go all out with the soundtrack and character selection.

I would too with FF XIII. Also looking forward to Chocobo GP--as long as they don't botch the racing mechanics I reckon I will pick it up in a sale later in the year.

5 hours ago, S.C.G said:

And the award for why-oh-why was this given airtime in the Direct??!! goes to...

5 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Same with me :) Going in with no expectations. Whatever comes will be nice, unless it will be a bore fest. But I will be online here and have my mates at messenger, so it will be a good, social experience anyway.

With there being so many games to play already this is how everyone should be going in. :cool: Hope you have a good one!

4 hours ago, Dufniall said:

Also, there is no new Mario announced so I guess he will make an appearance? Be it a new 2D, 3D or spin-off, surely Mario has to show.

The film... :eek:

2 hours ago, bob said:

As long as they drop it onto the NSO Expansion Pack in the shadows of the night then it should count. 

As long as they drop it onto the NSO Expansion Pack in the shadows of the night then it should count. 
Nighttime where though?

1 minute ago, bob said:
8 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Nighttime where though?

Well, with this being N-Europe...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

And the award for why-oh-why was this given airtime in the Direct??!! goes to...

Now there's an idea... I usually just post the press release, but I could potentially add in a few "awards" to liven it up a bit. :D

"And the "N-E point?" award goes to... Wandering Around Aimlessly, the new walking simulator by Indie studio We Make Games, which puts you in the role of a non-descript character, who has been tasked with... wandering, through an endless, proceedurely-generated side-scrolling landscape, devoid of any interesting features, with the ultimate goal being nothing in particular. Coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on February, 29th 2022." ;) 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It's still alive!?!?

Good stuff. It's about time Terranigma, Illusion of Time and Soul Blazer hit the service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good stuff. It's about time Terranigma, Illusion of Time and Soul Blazer hit the service.

Of course! It would only happen after I bought all three carts recently :p

• Haha 2

BTW, here's a complete list of all of the first party NES & SNES games that have previously been released via Virtual Console that still aren't available on the Switch NES/SNES services in any region...

NES

Devil World
DKjr Math
Duck Hunt (Zapper)
Earthbound Beginnings
Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir (Japan only)
Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind (Japan only)
Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan only)
Golf
Gomoku Narabe Renju (Japan only)
Hogan's Alley (Zapper)
Mach Rider
Metal Slader Glory (Japan only)
Pinball
Shin Onigashima (Japan only)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman (Zapper)
Yoshi's Cookie (Nintendo don't own the rights to this, unlikely to get re-released again)
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

SNES

Earthbound
Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind (Japan only)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Japan only)
Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori (Japan only)
Kirby's Super Star Stacker (Japan only)
Marvellous: Another Treasure Island (Japan only)
Metal Slader Glory Director's Cut (Japan only)
Super Famicom Wars (Japan only)
Sutte Hakkun (Japan only)
Super Mario RPG
Vegas Stakes
Wrecking Crew 98 (Japan only)

Still quite a lot left to get through!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What about Micro Machines! And Killer Instinct! And Alien 3!

I've been wanting to play Terranigma since I was in P6 or something so it would be a good reason for me to get back on NSO if they add that trio... except I've seen on the Switch news feed that a big eShop sale's starting tomorrow. Why do they do this to us. :blush: Maybe they'll put NSO on sale... how pie in the sky is that!

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Of course! It would only happen after I bought all three carts recently :p

Hope you got yourself a good deal! Think I've still got Illusion of Time kicking around somewhere, if I'd known you were on the prowl for it I'd have hoked it out and sent it to you. 

Hard to believe Urban Champion wasn't the first game on the NSO NES service!! :laughing: 

Terranigma is a great little game. Localised horribly, but still great!

If Itoi is talking about it, then I'm certain EarthBound or EarthBound Beginnings or both is finally happening!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh, is it that time again? :heh:

Can't say I'm excited (unfortunately the days of crazy excitement for Nintendo Directs have long gone) but I shall try to remain unrealistically optimistic at least. :hehe:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Hope you got yourself a good deal! Think I've still got Illusion of Time kicking around somewhere, if I'd known you were on the prowl for it I'd have hoked it out and sent it to you. 

Thankfully I did! Got a legitimate (not a bootleg reproduction!) copy of Terranigma for just under £70 from a Scandinavian seller on eBay.  Was well chuffed with that one!

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Hard to believe Urban Champion wasn't the first game on the NSO NES service!! :laughing: 

Well, the arcade version is currently available as an Arcade Archives release... might as well throw in another version for Switch owners :p