Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pokemon Direct (27th Feb 2019)

Hero-of-Time

12 hours ago, Tim B said:

What are the odds that more than one new game is shown tomorrow? I'm predicting some kind of Pokémon: Detective Pikachu game to co-incide with the movie coming out this summer. They'd be daft not to make one for it.

We are actually due a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon; but I'm pretty sure that today's announcement will be purely for Gen 8...

... PKMD is usually announced at E3 anyway.

Not long to go now...

We only got around two minutes of footage when X/Y were first revealed, revealing the titles, box art legendary Pokémon and starter Pokémon, and we got a two minute montage trailer for the 20th Anniversary, ending with quick glimpses of concept for Sun/Moon before their titles were revealed.

At the very least, then, we should be getting titles today, and I would imagine a look at the three starters given the presence of the three Poké Balls. They'll probably spend a good two or three minutes talking about the history of Pokémon's core series games too, based on their recent core series reveals. 

1 hour ago, Ramar said:

So Gen 8 is on the switch. Is this Nintendo finally putting the sword into the handheld market?

The Switch is the hybrid we all dreamed of. There’s no need to replace the 3DS.

I suspect not.. more they put a sword in their home console market, the switch is a very nice handheld with tv out and the ability to overclock. 3ds may end up staying as it is (more or less!) and support the main console in the same way as the gb did for many years.

content-4-35717-pokemondirect27022019ban

Here's our Roundup article on the Direct.

Just the basic info and a recap of the video, will update it if/when Nintendo sends out the PR email. :indeed:

Anyway, new Pokémon games for Switch, hype! :D

:peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pestneb said:

I suspect not.. more they put a sword in their home console market, the switch is a very nice handheld with tv out and the ability to overclock. 3ds may end up staying as it is (more or less!) and support the main console in the same way as the gb did for many years.

Very true, the switch is probably closer to a handheld than a home console. The lines have become very blurred and I’d imagine it’s one console from here on.

1 hour ago, Ramar said:

Very true, the switch is probably closer to a handheld than a home console. The lines have become very blurred and I’d imagine it’s one console from here on.

Nintendo themselves call it a home console, so that complicates things.

It'll be only Switch from here on, but probably different versions of the Switch. There's plenty of rumours they'll be launching a Switch mini this year, which makes a lot of sense for things like Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Much as I love my Switch it'd be a lot easier to stick my 3DS in my pocket and play Animal Crossing for half an hour a day than to carry the Switch + case everywhere, so a smaller form factor would be a nice addition to the line up.

• Like 1