N-Europe

Resident Evil 4, Remake and 0 heading to Switch.

Hero-of-Time

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Sick, hopefully the Wii-style pointer controls are option in RE4. Will definitely be buying RE4 for the fifth time but might only pick up REmake out of the others because I've yet to play Jill's story

Surely that had to be an option..?!

I also hope they allow you to tilt the system in handheld mode for aiming :grin:

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It's not going to be an option, as the Switch doesn't have a pointer.

I'm interested in RE1 if it's the remaster, otherwise I'll skip.

I'm not that interested in RE4, but since I can't play it on my GameCube.. I may get it anyway.

Not pointer. Gyro Controls. Different thing. The Resi Evil Revelation games support it.

23 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It's not going to be an option, as the Switch doesn't have a pointer.

It could easily be replicated using gyro pointer controls.  RE5 PS3 emulates the RE4 Wii controls pretty much flawlessly with the PS Move, so there's nothing stopping them from replicating the RE4 Wii controls here.

Edited by Dcubed

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Don't think I've ever played a Resident Evil game before for more than about five minutes. Which one should I be most excited about please?

Out of these ones? Easily Resident Evil 1. It oozes atmosphere and stats true to the original game but also adds a lot to the formula.

0 is a bit clunky due to it's inventory management and 4 plays nothing like a Resident Evil game and is more action based. Saying that, if you want a good third person shooter then 4 would be a good choice.

• Thanks 1

As already mentioned news about these ports are coming soon, I just hope there is a physical release of these games and not just download only. Also I hope it's based on the HD remasters which came out a few years ago rather than the GameCube ports direct. If they add something extra to these games I will get them ie Battle mode for Resident Evil as it was on the Sega Saturn, otherwise I still have them on other systems.

7 minutes ago, sumo73 said:

As already mentioned news about these ports are coming soon, I just hope there is a physical release of these games and not just download only. Also I hope it's based on the HD remasters which came out a few years ago rather than the GameCube ports direct. If they add something extra to these games I will get them ie Battle mode for Resident Evil as it was on the Sega Saturn, otherwise I still have them on other systems.

I imagine they will be ports of the PS4/One versions of the games. I wouldn't hold my breath for a physical edition though, at least not in this country. Capcom have a habit of screwing over Europe with physical Switch releases.

• Like 1