NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 4, Remake and 0 heading to Switch.

Please let 4 use gyro controls, please let 4 use gyro controls, please let 4 use gyro controls!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sick, hopefully the Wii-style pointer controls are option in RE4. Will definitely be buying RE4 for the fifth time but might only pick up REmake out of the others because I've yet to play Jill's story

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Sick, hopefully the Wii-style pointer controls are option in RE4. Will definitely be buying RE4 for the fifth time but might only pick up REmake out of the others because I've yet to play Jill's story

Surely that had to be an option..?!

I also hope they allow you to tilt the system in handheld mode for aiming :grin:

It's not going to be an option, as the Switch doesn't have a pointer.

I'm interested in RE1 if it's the remaster, otherwise I'll skip.

I'm not that interested in RE4, but since I can't play it on my GameCube.. I may get it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm interested in RE1 if it's the remaster, otherwise I'll skip.

I'm not that interested in RE4, but since I can't play it on my GameCube.. I may get it anyway.

Not pointer. Gyro Controls. Different thing. The Resi Evil Revelation games support it.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not pointer. Gyro Controls. Different thing. The Resi Evil Revelation games support it.

I've just said that.

Edited by Sméagol

23 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It could easily be replicated using gyro pointer controls.  RE5 PS3 emulates the RE4 Wii controls pretty much flawlessly with the PS Move, so there's nothing stopping them from replicating the RE4 Wii controls here.

Edited by Dcubed

On 27/10/2018 at 8:22 PM, Aneres11 said:

Furious there is no RE5. 

Come at me. 

While not "furious", I'd also prefer 5 over 4. Because 5 is more fun to replay because of co-op.

14 hours ago, Sméagol said:

While not "furious", I'd also prefer 5 over 4. Because 5 is more fun to replay because of co-op.

Resident Evil 5 is a better Resident Evil game than what 4 is. I'd much rather play 5 over 4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Resident Evil 5 is a better Resident Evil game than what 4 is. I'd much rather play 5 over 4.

In co-op, totally agree with you. On my own, not so much.

On 29/10/2018 at 5:23 PM, Glen-i said:

In co-op, totally agree with you. On my own, not so much.

This.

As a single player 4 is the better of the two.

• Like 1

I prefer 5 due to the story. It actually ties in with the history of the other games ( especially the DLC ) whereas Resident Evil 4 is pretty much something different altogether.

• Like 3

The Resident Evil community manager has said that more details will be available by the end of the month:

After playing the perfection that was the Resident Evil 2 remake, it's gonna be hard to go back to these ports. I'm still not sure if I'll pick them up.

Don't think I've ever played a Resident Evil game before for more than about five minutes. Which one should I be most excited about please?

3 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Don't think I've ever played a Resident Evil game before for more than about five minutes. Which one should I be most excited about please?

Out of these ones? Easily Resident Evil 1. It oozes atmosphere and stats true to the original game but also adds a lot to the formula.

0 is a bit clunky due to it's inventory management and 4 plays nothing like a Resident Evil game and is more action based. Saying that, if you want a good third person shooter then 4 would be a good choice.

• Thanks 1

As already mentioned news about these ports are coming soon, I just hope there is a physical release of these games and not just download only. Also I hope it's based on the HD remasters which came out a few years ago rather than the GameCube ports direct. If they add something extra to these games I will get them ie Battle mode for Resident Evil as it was on the Sega Saturn, otherwise I still have them on other systems.

7 minutes ago, sumo73 said:

As already mentioned news about these ports are coming soon, I just hope there is a physical release of these games and not just download only. Also I hope it's based on the HD remasters which came out a few years ago rather than the GameCube ports direct. If they add something extra to these games I will get them ie Battle mode for Resident Evil as it was on the Sega Saturn, otherwise I still have them on other systems.

I imagine they will be ports of the PS4/One versions of the games. I wouldn't hold my breath for a physical edition though, at least not in this country. Capcom have a habit of screwing over Europe with physical Switch releases.

• Like 1

As expected, it looks like there is no physical release. Bit weird dropping them all on the same day. You would have thought they would spread the releases out a bit.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this