Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

Sméagol

Since I found a Bulbasaur in my first trip through the forest I don't really want to start again, so maybe I'll just pretend they're both the same person who changes their hair off-camera and has a personality disorder and doesn't really remember being the other guy.

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Seriously, no-one here knew? It's been around since Gen 6.

Fine, Pokenerd to the rescue again...

The different colour text determines which stats have a nature modifier. Red text determines a stat that has a 10% boost while blue shows a 10% drop.

Cheers! It's been a while since I actually played a game!

By nature modifier you mean that the particular stat (eg speed) is better/worse than average?

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Found a Chansey on Route 5 yesterday. It gave 795 EXP! That was nice. Was looking for an Abra and a Growlithe (both of which I also found). Then I made a mistake of trading my Lvl 22 Geodude for a new Geodude, thinking it would be stronger or at least grew faster. I got an Alolan Geodude... frick.

I had similar with a Raticate. Near 500xp! 

56 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Him I could cope with. It’s the daft bitch with the hat I couldn’t deal with in that game. 

I think @Daft's hats are fine. 

Yeah I know, bad joke. 

Anyone else having issues transfering over from Pokemon Go?

I am having an awful time and have lost a Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon...and may have lost my one and only Shiny Charmander just now!!!!!

Anyone else having issues transferring Pokemon over?

I am able to do the initial connection between the two  to get the Switch icon appear on Go...but oddly only when it is in docked mode?

But I finally reached Fuschia City last night and tried to transfer so Pokemon but it just kept giving me issues.

First when I tried to transfer it would get to 80% then stop and error.

I took it out of dock, used handheld and changed the number of Pokemon I tried to send from 5 to 2 and it worked, yay...I then transfered a single Eevee and again it worked fine....

...then I tried to transfer Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon...it got to 100% and both the game and app crashed....I then no longer had those 3 Pokemon in Go and they weren't in Let's Go!!!

I noticed I lost the Switch icon from my Go menu...but when I check it in settings I have a Retry option.

When I got home from work I tried using that but could not get the two devices to recognise each other.

I tried unlinking and relinking the accounts (which works fine still) but it just wasn't working.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Go, had to link to Switch again...the Retry option disappeared and the Switch icon came back in Pokemon list....guess those 3 Pokemon are lost forever now.

I then tried to send one single Meltan over, the Switch finally gave the prompt that it found my Go account and after a couple of attempts got it over to Let's Go.

Then tried 3 Eevee's and it worked first time.

Then tried my only Shiney Charmander and it kept stopping at 80%, after a few more retries it went to 100% and game crashed again, my Shiney Charmander is no stuck in limbo, the Switch icon is gone from Go again so I can't try send anything else.

The Retry option is back, but the Switch Online won't find the Go account anymore :'(

• Sad 3

I finally caught a Staryu (Starmie is my favourite Pokemon) but I’m levelling it up to 45 to learn Hydro Pump before evolving it. 

Starmie is a beast, but my days Staryu is utter crap. 

I just beat Koga and whilst in Fuschia I was looking all over for Safari Zone until I realised I was stood in it. I want a refund. BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I finally caught a Staryu (Starmie is my favourite Pokemon) but I’m levelling it up to 45 to learn Hydro Pump before evolving it. 

Starmie is a beast, but my days Staryu is utter crap. 

I just beat Koga and whilst in Fuschia I was looking all over for Safari Zone until I realised I was stood in it. I want a refund. BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE!

Yeah, the new Safari Zone is useless to me as I can't play Pokemon Go. Not that I needed Go or the Safari Zone to complete the 150 Pokedex but still... :( 

This game is too, too easy. I've not played much compared to you guys but I don't think it could've been possible to lose a single fight if I had tried. Every opponent in the first 3 areas has had a single subpar pokemon, which would be ok normally but it's so easy to have 6 high level pokemon in no time now. If anything the difficulty needed scaling up to match the new advantages, but has been scaled down.

It's a good fun game, nostalgic and a great way to bring Red and Blue to life, but why they've made it a baby's game in terms of difficulty is beyond me. Do they think kids can't play hard games?

Hope it ramps up a bit.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Luckily i got spares of the Pokemon i'm looking to transfer across, so i won't lose the ones in Go i want to keep.

Bought a Magikarp from a NPC for 500 coins.  It knows Tackle, so it's not useless.

It's got a 3 star stat rating so it's a decent purchase.

I've just went and wrecked the 3 secret trainer battles with my team of level 100 Pokemon. :p  

Spoiler

DshVhixU4AEFm8t.jpg

DshU0bOU4AI-Wcw.jpg

DshU7AjVYAA0yWQ.jpg

DshVSZVUwAMWlAE.jpg

DshUkesUwAIsX_P.jpg

DshVYI_V4AAuLB3.jpg

The cutscene after beating Green is hilarious. :D