N-Europe

E3 2018

Julius

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Shonen Jump Cinematic Universe is a go!

Edit: By Spike Chunsoft!? WTF!? They've never made a fighting game before have they!? What a weird choice of developer!

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Anime Smash Bros!! Looks great!

It's not the first time. They made J-Stars Victory Vs+ on the PS4 which was kinda the same thing. Anime characters from different shows team up and fight each other. I played it a couple of years ago over the Christmas period and it was great.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's not the first time. They made J-Stars Victory Vs+ on the PS4 which was kinda the same thing. Anime characters from different shows team up and fight each other. I played it a couple of years ago over the Christmas period and it was great.

Ahh, that explains the connection then.  Cheers! :peace:

With the positive buzz  I decided to take a look at the Microsoft presentation myself. As a presentation, it's a bit boring (spoiled with the trailer marathon with barely any filler that is a Nintendo Direct I guess), but was a great showcase for some good looking games. That said, I still see no reason to buy an Xbox. Few minor exceptions aside, I don't see any exclusives I want, most games are multiplatform, or PC if you don't count PC as multiplatform. Buying Ninja Theory and Compulsion studios though is a great move, which may lead to exclusives in the future I may actually want. Though they really didn't need to spend that much time on their studio purchases in their presentation. :indeed:
Some of the indiegames would be the exceptions, but I don't particularly have a lack of indiegames on my Switch. Or Steam. Another exception would be, to my surprise, and apparently the surprise of many Gears fans, as it sure went silent after the initial logo reveal: Gears tactics. I don't give a shit about Gears, but a tactics game? That could be cool. But just like indie games, I'm not particularly lacking any options in that genre. Forza looked absolutely stunning, and ending with that Cyberpunk trailer was pretty cool, despite not showing any gameplay.

Edited by Sméagol