N-Europe

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Cube

It's worth noting that Sirfetch'd (and Farfetch'd as well) are Sword Exclusive.

Makes me wonder what Shield is getting instead.

Also, Steadfast is a pretty meh ability. It'll live or die by it's moveset and stat spread.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's worth noting that Sirfetch'd (and Farfetch'd as well) are Sword Exclusive.

Makes me wonder what Shield is getting instead.

Also, Steadfast is a pretty meh ability. It'll live or die by it's moveset and stat spread.

I have a feeling it won't be very good, though I hope I'm wrong because the design is great.

Ha I love it. 

I always found it strange that they never evolved Farfetch'd, and I'm please we get some more Gen 1 evolution. 

Does make me ponder if they'll do something similar with Shield with an older Pokemon. 

Edited by Aneres11

48 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Ha I love it. 

I always found it strange that they never evolved Farfetch'd, and I'm please we get some more Gen 1 evolution. 

Does make me ponder if they'll do something similar with Shield with an older Pokemon. 

Well, right now Sword has 2 more exclusive Pokémon than Shield has.

So almost definitely, and I expect it to be a Pokémon that has no evolution, just like Farfetch'd was.

Whether it's another Gen 1 one is unlikely. (And unneeded, when the likes of Dunsparce and Kecleon exist, plenty of single stage Pokémon that are utter crap in battle like Farfetch'd)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

I can't believe they actually gave Fartech'd an evolution after all these years. I think I know what comes next...

Image result for dunseraph

You should know the golden rule when it comes to fan made Pokémon.

Sooner or later, you'll find one that you like so much, the actual official one can only disappoint.

I did that to myself when I drew an idea of what Alolan Marowak could look like...

47 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You should know the golden rule when it comes to fan made Pokémon.

Sooner or later, you'll find one that you like so much, the actual official one can only disappoint.

I did that to myself when I drew an idea of what Alolan Marowak could look like...

This is true, also years ago I actually drew some potential Pokémon in coloured pencil and I drew various Eeveelutions before many of them were a thing.

The one I got right, moreorless was Leafeon and I still kind of prefer mine.

I should dig that drawing out and post it on here at some point... maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Game Informer article:

“There are 18 different types of gyms in the story, and depending on the version, which gyms are in the minor league and which gyms are in the major league are different. For example, in Sword, the fighting-type gym will be in the major league, but in Shield, the ghost-type. The idea is that every year, the Galar region is playing and which gyms make it into the minor league versus the major league changes.”

So, I guess this means a gym for each type? Also, love just how hard they're leaning into the football side of things as inspiration for how they're handling the gyms (i.e. a lower and higher tier league).