Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

Some people aren't quite getting what I mean when I say Nintendo are being lazy.

It's not the port itself that's lazy. Its that, in the final year of the WiiU's life, Nintendo have basically said "Shall we make a new WiiU game that shows off what the system can do? No. Let's port a Gamecube game."

It's that right there that is fucking lazy!

They're busy making a brand new Zelda game on Wii U in its final year!!! It looks incredible. Fucking unbelievable, entitled attitude. They simply can't win.

Edited by Rummy

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Uncharted Collection released at the same retail price as Twilight Princess HD will. And TP is a bigger game than all three combined. There was a hell of a lot more work involved going from TP > TP HD than Uncharted 1,2 and 3 720p > Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 1080p

They're busy making a brand new Zelda game on Wii U in its final year!!! It looks incredible. Fucking unbelievable, entitled attitude. They simply can't win.

The size/length of games has never influenced retail price though. Sure, you can say it's good value per hour of gameplay, but the fact is it is being released at the same/higher retail price than it did when it was originally released in 2006. Sure, some effort has gone into it, but it still is cheeky to ask for full retail price again. That applies to all remasters - I felt the same about The Last of Us Remastered/Tomb Raider's PS4/XBO re-release.

I've actually wanted to replay Twilight Princess for a while. But I've been hearing about needing amiibos to unlock dungeons, is that right? I don't really want any amiibos.

One Amiibo to unlock an unneccessary dungeon. Which is the Amiibo which comes with the game in many versions.

Nintendo are doing great, how dare I think they should make more WiiU games and not port a Gamecube game!

I'm actually kind of confused about what you mean. You complained about Nintendo not making a Zelda U (when it is, indeed, being made), now you're saying something else entirely.

I mean, fair game if you think the port isn't worth it (I think the same), but I feel you're trying to say more than that.

On a side-note, the people making TPHD and Zelda U are two different teams, so the two games aren't mutually exclusive. If the TPHD team wasn't making that port, they'd be making an e-shop game, or something.

Seriously man, these dillusional Nintendo fanboys.

It doesn't matter how right you think you are: Ad Hominem is bad form. Especially when you start attacking an entire group, while your actual beef is with one person.

Some people aren't quite getting what I mean when I say Nintendo are being lazy.

It's not the port itself that's lazy. Its that, in the final year of the WiiU's life, Nintendo have basically said "Shall we make a new WiiU game that shows off what the system can do? No. Let's port a Gamecube game."

It's that right there that is fucking lazy!

But they're making Zelda Wii u which is out later in the year... This isn't stopping that. Yeah it's. Stop gap. So what? Don't like it, don't buy it. I just don't get this desire to piss and moan about absolutely everything Nintendo do, they cannot win with people on here. If they didn't make this, it's not like mother game would replace it, I doubt they're spending much time on it at all.

Fact is, Nintendo are clearly prepping for nx, something most people will want them to do, if Nintendo catered for the Wii u people would moan they're wasting their time and slagging them off for an inevitable shit nx launch (because the only thing this forum likes more than slagging them off for the things they do, is slagging them off for the things they haven't done yet)

Edit: just seen someone else brought this up

I don't quite see why people are complaining.

Yes, remakes like this should have happened WAY earlier in the console's lifespan and yes, I'm not sure Twilight Princess is the right game to remake.

But it's another quality title for the machine. Perhaps this port will end up on the NX as well...

Perhaps off-topic but my thought is how has it taken Nintendo 4 years to bring out ONE Zelda game for the Wii U???

There is obviously some internal issue within Nintendo that is making them produce unambitious remakes such as this. And yes, this is unambitious IMHO - TP needed a FIX in a full remake, something which was taunted at us in that Tech demo - putting that amount of work into it and selling at full RRP would have garnered universal praise.

People have a right and should call out poor performance from any company.

The reason Nintendo do lazy shit like this and release it as a full price retail game instead of a £20ish eShop title as it should be is because they know they can. I bet it will sell pretty well for a Wii U title. The only time this hasn't worked is very recently with Amiibo Party and Smash Tennis Ultra.

I am happy they're making Zelda, but I'm not happy they're not making anything else.

And I've every right to complain. Just as you ahabe every right to praise them.

And if they put all their development into a dead console, you'd complain they have nothing to launch NX with. They can't win.

And if they put all their development into a dead console, you'd complain they have nothing to launch NX with. They can't win.

I can only hope that Retro Studios got their wish and that their new project, which they've spent an eternity developing, is in fact the next Zelda. So that the NX doesen't won't have to wait to the tail-end of its lifespan for its Zelda title.

Edited by Rummy

Anyways, back on topic. So - i still need to play triforce heroes and majors mask 3d... But may as well wait to get my zelda fix with Twilight Princess... I'm actually really looking forward to it. I loved it when it was released so great to play it again after Wind Waker which I think jumped to being my favourite zelda game of all time. Also played Ocarina last year and it's still the worst 3D zelda to me :)

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Also played Ocarina last year and it's still the worst 3D zelda to me :)

Right, before you get lambasted for this, I want to agree.

Ocarina was revolutionary, yes. But it is my least favourite 3D Zelda.

That said, it's still a great game! Worst 3D Zelda is still pretty damn good.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!