Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that Glen-i was a chameleon myself ::shrug:

And I couldn't believe you went under the knife to look less like a Kratos doll and more like a person living inside a logo.

That's a really popular look these days. It's sad you went through such drastic changes just to fit in.

And I couldn't believe you went under the knife to look less like a Kratos doll and more like a person living inside a logo.

That's a really popular look these days. It's sad you went through such drastic changes just to fit in.

What can I say? I'm a shameless corporate shill :awesome:

How about a sensor on the controller that recognises when you're laughing, and triggers the console to play a laughing sound, so it appears to be laughing along with you, simulating the feeling of having friends?

The screen could also be split in half, taking footage of gameplay from the other end of the map, like in an FPS for example. Giving the illusion that your friend is playing there with you.

Ooooh, what if you could even name your friend?!

Their social media is full of fans asking for NX info, I can't see why they'd still be hiding it. Saying it's because they don't want it copied is bollocks as it could be copied once it's out anyway. They're just try and make it sound like they're onto the next big thing and be the first to show it.

#RevealTheNX

I still say there's a technical hitch they're trying/hoping to overcome that's a notable barrier and so they've leaked it/let it be leaked to have the info out there whilst allowing them to officially remain silent for now. Iirc Nintendo have a slightly habit of staying quiet or ignoring the things they don't want to talk about - I remember seeing article(s) about how journalists would get shot down relatively quickly in interviews when they got on to topics of online, voice chat etc.

I still say there's a technical hitch they're trying/hoping to overcome that's a notable barrier and so they've leaked it/let it be leaked to have the info out there whilst allowing them to officially remain silent for now. Iirc Nintendo have a slightly habit of staying quiet or ignoring the things they don't want to talk about - I remember seeing article(s) about how journalists would get shot down relatively quickly in interviews when they got on to topics of online, voice chat etc.

Word coming in that the finished units have arrived from Foxconn and they forgot to incorporate any ethernet port/wifi in the console.

Their social media is full of fans asking for NX info, I can't see why they'd still be hiding it. Saying it's because they don't want it copied is bollocks as it could be copied once it's out anyway. They're just try and make it sound like they're onto the next big thing and be the first to show it.

#RevealTheNX

Quite staggering how the NX has managed to build up crazy levels of hype and anticipation in the industry, even though Nintendo have barely said two words about it. Speaks to the power of the brand I guess.

Quite staggering how the NX has managed to build up crazy levels of hype and anticipation in the industry, even though Nintendo have barely said two words about it. Speaks to the power of the brand I guess.

I think some people, those that are hyping it up, are thinking it must be something amazing given how Nintendo didn't turn up to E3or TGS with it, they're thinking that Nintendo must be very confident it will sell and that's why they didn't show it at two of the biggest and best places for showcasing new hardware.

Personally, I think Nintendo are treading on thin ice waiting this long to reveal.

They risk severe blowback if it doesn't live up to said hype.

people are actually looking for info? When it is leaked we will know about it. Just look at the NX fake mock up.. just enjoy playing games and live in a fantasy where the Wii U was the last console Nintendo made. NX was simply the announcement that they were closing down.

We have a potential release date after Nintendo France let slip that BOTW Amiibo are set to release on March 4th 2017, IGN have a report on it.

There is also mention of cartridges in the spec breakdown of 'Resident Evil 7' - basically the same as the info that said Zelda would be released on cartridge so it's pretty safe to assume that Resident Evil 7 will be coming to the NX at some point. The game launches in January on other formats so it's not completely outlandish to exlect it at NX launch.

We have a potential release date after Nintendo France let slip that BOTW Amiibo are set to release on March 4th 2017, IGN have a report on it.

There is also mention of cartridges in the spec breakdown of 'Resident Evil 7' - basically the same as the info that said Zelda would be released on cartridge so it's pretty safe to assume that Resident Evil 7 will be coming to the NX at some point. The game launches in January on other formats so it's not completely outlandish to exlect it at NX launch.

That'll be good. Am expecting NX to get really good Japanese 3rd party support

Great news about RE:7.

Ditto the release date leak, I was getting worried BOTW wasn't an NX launch game.

Nabbing Capcom as a dev is certainly good news. Though Capcom has always seemed to willing to risk releasing on Nintendo (dead rising Wii anyone?). But still good news. With any luck the next Dead Rising or even something similar to the DR triple pack could also release.

Almost certainly a good chance for Monster Hunter.

And an unlikely wish for more Devil May Cry. Though I think Capcom has already decided to be done with the series (and sadly Bayonetta makes a good case for not releasing it on Nintendo anyway.)

Unfortunately the internet (and therefore me) somewhat jumped the gun with the RE7 news, turns out that it's just standard legal text that's appeared in the breakdowns for a lot of games that never saw release on cartridge formats. Still though I don't think it's a huge leap to expect Capcom to support the system, like Nolan said they've shown support for Nintendo platforms in the past.

I haven't listened to this weeks NVC yet ( about to go for a morning run, so will listen then ) but Gaf have summarized the NX chatter from Peer and co.

Nintendo Voice Chat of IGN went through NX rumors today and Peer Schneider chimed in with what he has heard from internal sources & NX developers:

-Peer is "100% convinced" that the NX will use memory cards (i.e. like 3DS carts).

NX is a portable device you can dock to your TV and play games (confirmed by their own sources & NX developers)

-Share button seems plausible

-They're really skeptical of the "split d-pad" rumor considering the traditional d-pad has been a focus of their marketing lately and the d-pad is something people love about Nintendo's systems, but anything's possible.

-Detachable controllers are low budget. Very cheap (like the Wii nunchuck). Peer has heard they're using IR and it's not your main way of controlling the game (a "travel controller"). Speculates they could make cheap controllers that attach to the system.

-Peer thinks the 720p resolution for the screen is "very credible" and "very highly likely".

-One developer talked to Peer and called NX "a reboot for Nintendo". Peer says to him it means carts, not having to decide between playing on a console/portable whether going back to the glory days of NES, SNES, and the Wii.

-They think the SCD with a dock with additional hardware is possible.

Just Dance on the system means a way to measure what you're doing while dancing (some sort of hardware).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!