Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Wii U / 3DS Direct 5/11/14 10p.m.

Wii

Fantastic Direct.

Majora's Mask 3D, ABOUT F-ING TIME!!!! :)

Shovel Knight sneaky release straight afterwards, nice!

MK8 DLC looks brilliant

Splatoon looks absolutely fantastic, single player campaign looks crazy

Captain Toad too, though I can't believe they spoiled 70 levels?! Great that they brought the release date forward a little.

I still think the 3DS release schedule is looking a little empty next year but I'm sure we'll get a big Direct early 2015 with a few new games.

Very very happy with that. Great to see Iwata back (LOL at the moon approaching him)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just finished watching the Direct as I was working tonight and I liked what I saw :hehe:

The announcement of Majora's Mask 3D means my relatively recent Wii Virtual Console purchase is likely to gather a layer of virtual dust as I suspect I'll now just wait to play it all on 3DS :heh:

The Mario Kart 8 DLC looks awesome and I'm excited to get my hands on it next Thursday :yay: The Amiibo functionality is a nice touch too, should I ever invest in some of the figures :smile:

Captain Toad looks so much better than I ever imagined. I'm genuinely looking forward to it now!

I have to say, I was pretty satisfied overall :grin:

As always with the Directs I got overhyped and then left disappointed.

For confidence reasons it would have been good if they shown some unannounced games for the Wii U. Currently, I think there is only Captain Toad that is definitely confirmed for release in 2015.

I don't care what any of your say. Duck Hunt VC was the true highlight of this ND, even over Majora's Mask 3D (and MM is perhaps my favourite game of all time).

Just from a sheer historical preservation standpoint, the thought that the Zapper/Superscope games are finally going to be released from the shackles of CRT displays (they don't work on anything but old fashioned CRT displays - meaning that when all of the world's CRT displays die off, and they're already becoming increasingly difficult to find as they're not being made any more, Duck Hunt and its brethren will effectively cease to exist - Not anymore though! :D) is just amazing!

Let's just pray that they don't fuck it up. All they have to do is copy SEGA's Wiimote calibration option in their lightgun releases on Wii (It's basically just simple triangulation) and that's it. Perfect! PLEASE DON'T PUT A CURSOR ON THE SCREEN! YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT!!!

Edited by Dcubed

For confidence reasons it would have been good if they shown some unannounced games for the Wii U. Currently, I think there is only Captain Toad that is definitely confirmed for release in 2015.

Huh. Loads of games have been confirmed. Or do you mean has a date? Does it matter if it has a concrete date or not?

My biggest annoyance is kirby's delay in Europe, with no explanation. And no Yoshi... Weird...

Huh. Loads of games have been confirmed. Or do you mean has a date? Does it matter if it has a concrete date or not?

My biggest annoyance is kirby's delay in Europe, with no explanation. And no Yoshi... Weird...

My worry is these games to be pushed onto 2016 or into the abyss.

They've already said that the following will be out in 2015:

Captain Toad

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Kirby & the Rainbow Canvas

Mario Maker

Mario Party 10

X

The Legend of Zelda

Starfox

That is games we know about already from Nintendo, I'm pretty sure there will be others out next year too.

I kind of share blades concerns on 2016 games...only just with X "We are aiming for a 2015 window" is what Iwata said....so some point in 2015 is vague, would a delay see that be 2016 in Europe?

but doom and gloom aside...

MAJORA'S MASK 3D!!!!!!!!

hnnnnnnng could have stopped watching right there!

Shovel Knight awesome (should be downloaded when i'm home from work)

some more Amibo integration was actually compelling me to buy them now (that and by collectable/hoarding nature)

Captain Toad looks amazing and is being brought forward

Splatoon looks amazing (please give us voice chat...i've been converted to liking it)

X looked like it was running on something better than a WiiU aka i'm impressed

Mario Kart DLc has made me want to purchase it

enough for me

was really hoping they'd announce a Majora's Mask new3ds bundle, but technically we've not had it announced yet via ND's so perhaps later?

Splatoon needs voice chat. Nintendo are improving in so many ways, but this is still an area for contention. Smash they have an excuse, fine. But mario kart we dont, and why can't friends chat in worldwide games? No voice chat in this would be suicide.

team voice chat for in game. Full lobby chat in lobbies. We need to sort tactics and then have a moment to gloat!

I'm interested in the lot - toad, kirby, yoshi, mario maker, starfox, miamoto guard/robot etc probably mario party is the only one I'm not. Even then I could be convinced.

Ps @kav82 why don't you have fifa?

I hate FIFA... and most sports games really, I just don't think they're that fun.

I hate FIFA... and most sports games really, I just don't think they're that fun.

Fifa N-E club nights are amazing, its like being at a proper football match.

Hard to describe but its soo good.

They've already said that the following will be out in 2015:

Captain Toad

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Kirby & the Rainbow Canvas

Mario Maker

Mario Party 10

X

The Legend of Zelda

Starfox

That is games we know about already from Nintendo, I'm pretty sure there will be others out next year too.

Of those, only Zelda, Xenoblade & Splatoon interest me.

I worry about Starfox and the gimmicks Miyamoto will force us to use.

If Splatoon doesn't have proper voice chat with headset compatibility, then no interest in it.

Zelda will be the big November 2015 release with Xenoblade Early 2016 for Europe.

Zelda will be the big November 2015 release with Xenoblade Early 2016 for Europe.
Other way around I reckon.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty great Nintendo Direct. icon14.gif

It was annoying when Miyamoto mentioned using Flipnote Studio to storyboard the Pikmin animations though, I really thought that was going to link to a European announcement for Flipnote 3D, but apparently not. :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!