N-Europe

What Would You Change About Nintendo/With Nintendo?

Fierce_LiNk

Nintendo are definitely in a weird position at the moment. The Wii U idea seemed conflicting right from the very start. The fact that there were members of the public (quite a lot of them) confused over the fact that it was a new system, rather than an add-on didn't push it off to a good start.

Then, the debacle over third parties. Nintendo seemed intent on offering third party games that didn't appear on the Wii, although that seems to have dried up now.

Clearly, certain things need to change for the better...but what?

For me, I'd change the following:

1. Take online gaming seriously. I can't believe that we're STILL on this one and we've been talking about this since about 2006, perhaps earlier. With the online modes, it always seems like an after-thought rather than something that is embedded within every single game. Nintendo really needs to be more pro-active in this regard, especially given the nature of our digital world. Miiverse was a beautiful start, but the fact that games such as Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World don't feature any online at all (I have both, it could and should have worked) is shameful.

2. Risks. Risks, risks, risks. Take them. I get the feeling at the moment that Nintendo are playing it very safe in certain areas, when perhaps desperate times calls for desperate measures. There's no "curve-ball" or plan that's going to make the competition think. Even the idea of the Wii U itself was something that they had already done to an extent with the DS years beforehand, only home-console wide. We need new things that are going to draw people in, created from the very heart of Nintendo themselves. As great as Smash and Mario Kart look, these are new entries into IPs that we've known for years. We need new things.

3. Evolve. I get the feeling that Nintendo have been in a time-warp and have been stuck there for the last decade. The little things matter. When I was at school, we all talked about how the PS2 had a DVD player built-in, which was somewhat of a plus, whilst the Cube couldn't manage this. Fast forward to the PS4, which has blu-ray whilst the Wii U still can't manage DVD that systems have been doing for years. I get it. It's nice and romantic for Nintendo to have these ideas about ONLY PLAYING VIDEOGAMES on their systems...but I can't help but wonder what things would be like if they eased up in certain areas.

Yesterday, you could buy a PS4 for £319 online. I paid just over a 100 pounds earlier for the Wii U...a technologically inferior machine and one that is in trouble. Added with the fact that I spent close to that 100 buying a separate blu-ray player, it seems like that deal wasn't too shabby at all. The price point for the Wii U isn't great, neither is the hardware nor the actual system features of the Wii U. Whilst the others evolve and improve their systems, I get the feeling that Nintendo are at a stand-still.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

License out some of their lesser selling IPs to third party developers more. Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero etc. are all great series, but sell like crap meaning Nintendo is less inclined to focus their own efforts on them.

Nintendo have a wide range of series covering almost all possible genres, and they should capitalise on this even moreso now that third parties have abandoned.

My number 1 pet peeve. Virtual Console. Ramp up the damn bloody rate of releases! Localise the massive list of JPN only games!

You have a huge drought and a desperate need for high quality exclusive software; but you also don't want to break the bank in getting it...

Here is a massive repository of incredible games (that are exclusive in this day and age) right at your fingertips! JUST BLOODY RELEASE THEM ALREADY!!! :mad:

Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero etc. are all great series, but sell like crap meaning Nintendo is less inclined to focus their own efforts on them.

Great series, great games.

Develop a new Metroid, put some effort in marketing the shit out of that game and I has happy.

Goes with @Fierce_LiNk 2. point: Risks, risks, risks. Take a risk...spend money on marketing.

May not work right from the beginning, but it may very well be a start.

Also...as many of you mentioned already. Virtual Fucking Console!

More western teams

But Next Level Games. They've got a good history with Nintendo (and a bad history away from them), so they would be a next start. I would also start up a new development team in the UK. Attract a mixture of new people and old staff from companies like Free Radical and Rare. Monster Games is also another good possibility. These, along with Retro Studios, should work on more "western" titles for Nintendo.

Work closer with third parties

Like Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo should communicate with developers during the development of a console, and listen to their feedback. Nintendo can work on unique features and get developers excited about it before the console is developed. If a team is part of the development process, they'll be more likely to develop for the console afterwards (Bethesda didn't even consider the Wii U because of Nintendo's communication).

Nintendo should also be more willing to "loan out" their B franchises. We don't need Zelda Dynasty Warriors - third party Nintendo IPs should be for franchises like F-Zero, Star Fox, Excite, 1080 and Wave Race. Let Sega make another F-Zero.

Virtual Console

The games are fine running smoothly with no bugs. We don't need 100% "perfect" emulation (GBA without multiplayer isn't "perfect" anyway). That way, they can massively speed up releases.

Also, like the "3D Classics", I'd develop a "HD Classics" range of select games, like Super Mario Bros. with cleaner sprites (exactly the same, just displayed better for a HDTV) and optimised for Widescreen. Perhaps even throw in online/friend leaderboards. Perhaps even get someone like Backbone to make them.

Proper voice chat built into the console, fiend notifications and invites. Essentially, just bring the online up to standard while keeping Miiverse as Nintendo's "unique" element of it.

Edited by Cube

License out some of their lesser selling IPs to third party developers more. Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero etc. are all great series, but sell like crap meaning Nintendo is less inclined to focus their own efforts on them.

Nintendo have a wide range of series covering almost all possible genres, and they should capitalise on this even moreso now that third parties have abandoned.

You have to speculate to accumulate. Nintendo don't spend money advertising their lesser franchises. Wonderful 101, didn't see a single ad, not even once. Did they skimp on advertising Super Mario 3D World in comparison? I think not. Too often they send games out to die. It's not because they're bad games that they fail to sell, quality is never the issue.

Recruit fresh blood. Nurture talented up-and-coming game designers, maybe create a Nintendo academy to ensure the future vision of Nintendo doesn't get stale.

Really its just a bunch of golden oldies running the show. As much as I love Miyamoto, his creative juices and focus are probably waning a bit - and fair enough. His service to gaming is legendary... But a king can't be king forever.

Recruit fresh blood. Nurture talented up-and-coming game designers, maybe create a Nintendo academy to ensure the future vision of Nintendo doesn't get stale.

Really its just a bunch of golden oldies running the show. As much as I love Miyamoto, his creative juices and focus are probably waning a bit - and fair enough. His service to gaming is legendary... But a king can't be king forever.

They are doing that :)

Just repeating everything else:

Online and Modes - not just having voice chat but having online/social aspects in pretty much everything would be amazing! Donkey Kong is a great example of using online in a way you wouldn't normally have, awesome, do that with everything. In addition to that, have more modes and options, often things feel a little barebones or restrictive

More Games - easy to say, but it's vital. Again, like Hyrule Warriors, Metroid Other M, give your licenses to 3rd parties, it'll help build relationships and leave nintendo's teams for other games. And yeah, virtual console, no reason not to bang more out!

Prepare for the future - whatever happens, the wii u isn't going to be a huge success, but start making steps for the next batch. Combining handhelds and home console OS/features etc is a great start and can't wait to see the fruits of that. But improve the accounts system, develop the virtual console, miiverse, nintendo tvii etc to be fully awesome for next time.

To say the likes of Metroid, F-Zero and Starfox sell like crap is obviously an exaggeration, but I wonder why they don't sell as well?

Is it a result of Nintendo's lack of effort in other areas, predominantly Improve Online.

WipeOut was always a hugely popular game and much more well known, despite F-Zero arguably being the better series. Online Multiplayer and a track editor could have done wonders for the series over the years.

Star-Fox... how many Space Shooters are there? Non!... there is a huge gap in the market there and one perfect for online co-op and multiplayer.

Metroid, how fucking cool is Metroid!!... and yet people only know Halo.

And yes I know the series are nothing alike but...

Metroid [Prime] is the single player experience Halo can only dream of. If Nintendo had had the vision to give it an online multiplayer like that of Halo's who's to say it couldn't have been the bigger series? Halo was on a brand new console after all.

Surely if Nintendo [had] put the effort in, some of these secondary franchises could be in much stronger positions!?

Edited by Retro_Link

Perhaps with Metroid, but the others? Unfortunately not an exaggeration :/
Yes, but why? They are fantastic properties. It's clearly that they aren't being properly utilised.

For the same reason SSX is a big series people are excited to see and anticipate the next entry of... and 1080 is barely known.

Edited by Retro_Link

Well, i can't add anything new. But here's my take on a few ideas

Advertising

The main problem I see with Nintendo is the lack of advertising. I’ve hardly seen a WiiU advert on TV and to be honest, not much of the 3DS either (but that department is fine). In fact, hardly see any Nintendo advertising in general. This was a main problem with the Gamecube, which was rectified with the Wii. If you are trying to sell a product, then advertise it. Show people the differences between the U and the Wii, show them it’s a new console and put some deals in place to entice people to buy one. (I’ll go more into cost/price further down). You see Xbox One adverts, PS4/Sony adverts all the time. But not a lot from Nintendo.

Start by recruiting more people whom know advertising and can showcase the product for consumer purchase.

Loan out IP's to 2nd/3rd parties + Work Closer with them

Sega did a top-notch job with F-Zero back on the Gamecube, Retro have done wonders with Metroid and Donkey Kong. Maybe loan out more IP’s to other developers and see what they can do with the likes of Starfox. Heck, loan out F-Zero to Sega again and see what they can do on the WiiU. I know sales have not been so good for Starfox and F-Zero, but hey. They’ll be a welcome change from Mario. And I for one am not interested in Hyrule Warriors.

Reduce the price of games + put offers in place

I went into a little bit of this earlier, but in more detail now. How many 1st party WiiU titles do you see that have come down in price? Hardly 1, which is disappointing. Even after a year or so from console launch, I still see Super Mario Bros U selling for £40 in places, I still see Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker going for similar prices as well. And don’t get me started on the Virtual Console prices (charging more for a diskless version of the same game, c’maaan). Mark down prices of these older titles as time goes on, and you may see more sales occur on titles. Which can only be a good thing really.

And bring some deals/offers in place to entice new players.

Virtual Console + Online

This needs sorting in a big way. More games need to appear in this library when droughts appear (like we are in one now). Stop drib-drabbing games out, work on bringing Gamecube titles out. And offer them for respectable prices (and offer sale prices on them on occasions, like Easter + Summer sales)

With online, I’m not saying the system is bad (and we cannot argue with a free service). Look at what Sony and Microsoft offer, bring more servers for online play. And maybe add “friend matches” to games, so people can play online in matches/games/races with friends.

Bring yourselves to the 21st Century

I still don’t understand why Nintendo have yet to include DVD/Bluray options to their consoles. It would be handy for people on limited budgets; bluray players do cost a fair bit (some going for hundreds).

I would like to see a change in attitude towards tech.

The next handheld will be interesting to see what Nintendo’s attitude is towards technology as I don’t think they can go too cheap anymore.

Smartphones and tablets have put a different take on what people expect. i.e. high resolution HD screen quality, good build quality, media capabilities, tv out and so on. That’s not forgetting the graphics and Nintendo’s next handheld needs to be able to after 2 years still match what smartphones can do.

It has to be a desirable gadget which also plays the great Nintendo software. I love the 3DS but I can see why someone can look at the hardware and feel it’s antiquated in comparison to the phone they put in their pocket every day.

I want them to give square enix the funds to port kingdom hearts III to WiiU :)

Also a more decent lineup for virtual console would be really nice.

The thing that annoys me most though is that WiiU and 3DS are almost 100% sequel consoles. They miss the quirky fun new titles the gamecube and even the wii had. I would love to see some new franchises and of course I would love to see more 3rd party content in general.

They also need to stop being so stubborn and see they are wrong in some ways. The fact that WiiU doesn't play DVD's for example is downright rediculous.

Edited by M_rock

1. Keep up with technology.

Nintendo is never, ever going to have the cultural impact it once did until it matches the others - I'm not talking about online, achievements or whatever, but the processing power of the console has to be up there with the others. It may be a hard, uncomfortable truth, but it's still the truth. Listen to some of the recent IGN podcasts, for example - they're reminiscing about Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime - those games were so amazing because they utilised cutting-edge technology combined with Nintendo's software genius. The control, the exploration of 3D worlds, even the feeling of riding a horse - these things are still industry staples to this day, and it's not because Nintendo tried to get away with sub-par hardware.

I was in GAME the other day and I saw an American football game running on the PS4. Although I have no interest in the sport, it was sort of an epiphany. The graphics were incredibly sharp and the textures were great. Compare this to when I tried out the Wii U with a demo of New Super Mario Bros U - sure, it was a nice game, but it was never going to get consumers throwing their money at a new console. Nintendo is not going to gain people's attention again until it gets Mario, Link and its other characters running around 3D worlds that look as good as those on the contemporary consoles.

"Graphics don't matter" - one of the biggest lies and delusions in gaming.

2. No gimmicks. No gimmicks! (so important it's worth saying twice.)

I have to be careful what I say here because I know a lot of people like the Wii and I'm not trying to offend anyone. My problem with gimmicks is that they are just trying to catch people's attention, rather than any earnest attempt to develop the quality of gaming. When I played games like Wind Waker on the GameCube, I couldn't wait to see how Nintendo would try to improve on them - but the problem is, to my mind, they never did. The whole concept of the Wii was to popularise something different. It sold, but I'd argue it didn't develop gaming in any positive way.

The real problem with gimmicks is that they are expensive and rob us of two things:

a) powerful hardware

b) the standard control options of the day (eg. analogue triggers)

3. Bigger (maybe fewer) teams.

Just to be clear, I don't think Nintendo should lose a single member of staff. What I'm saying is I'd like their teams to be grouped into bigger ones. Do we really need so many minor games? Especially when the company seems to struggle to get out Metroid and Zelda titles.

Firstly, I think the final product really benefited from the decision to extend the development time by an extra year. The sheer scale of this project meant that there wasn't a clear plan from the start, but in spite of this I feel that the Zelda development team achieved their true potential and demonstrated their astonishing ability by bringing all the elements of this game neatly together in one well-rounded package. I haven't had the chance to play the game through in its entirety yet, but I have been able to check all the individual pieces and can confidently say that the wealth of ideas and energy that has been put into this game really shines through. Even with all the resources we have here at Nintendo, we could only make something like this once every few years. In fact, it might not be easy to do something like this again, so I really want everyone to have a wonderful time playing this game.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/twilight_princess/0/9

Sorry, but there is something wrong when Nintendo has to think twice about making a big Zelda. At their best, these titles are the ones people talk about for years (going back to what I was saying about OOT earlier). As extreme as it may sound, I would actually prefer Nintendo to release one OOT-quality game every year, even if it meant no Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wario, Yoshi etc.

So that's my vision for Nintendo - a company that is making hardware that everyone respects and software that everyone looks up to. Maybe, just maybe, if Nintendo got these things just right, they would inspire others to follow them more, and not have to chase their tails every year. I take no pleasure in saying this, but the way they are at the moment, they're getting nowhere.

Bigger teams are not inherently a good thing. It results in the destruction of a developer's culture, leading to a loss of focus and a loss in quality; look at just about every single large scale 3rd Japanese developer this generation for proof - hell @Cube's comment about Next Level's non-Nintendo games being poor in quality was actually a result of this kind of uncontrolled expansion - from an interview with Next Level Games' co founder Jason Carr...

Did you want to grow any bigger or are you satisfied with where you're at?

JC: We did get bigger for a while. We got up to four teams. We were about 115, 120 people. We spread ourselves way too thin. We had heard from other developer friends, "You need to have at least three teams -- that's the magic number, blah blah, blah," just from a financial perspective.

Cycling people off projects.

JC: Totally. All that sort of stuff. We just ended up making shitty games, really. We spread ourselves way too thin. It wasn't fun. I didn't know everyone's name anymore. We lost a little bit of that family kind of culture feel, so it wasn't great for us. We pared back down to a two-team company... one-and-a-half, whatever -- depends on the game, right? We have 70 people. For some games these days, that's half of a company.

I have no real interest in growing. If we did grow it would be small, and because we're working on products that actually need more people. And in a lot of cases, there's so much talent that's up in Vancouver, we hire contract people in, and we can grow that way as well.

Part of the reason why Nintendo's games are so good are because they haven't rapidly expanded the size of their development teams (instead the increased manpower requirements have been dealt with through art outsourcing and collaborative development).

Throwing more bodies at a project is not the easy solution that many people seem to believe it is...

Better, not different

I'm frankly sick and tired of Nintendo trying to make "something we've never seen before" with every single entry. Don't get me wrong, the Fludd in Mario Sunshine was cool and the sailing was a cool deviation from the standard Zelda recipee. It's nice to see a bit of originality once in a while.

But to be honest, all I want is to see an evolution of what I know that I love. To quite simply have Nintendo say "Hey, that turned out really well, now let's just improve everything. Perhaps we'll add a new feature which can become a future staple of the franchise".

But here I am, 15 years later, waiting for Nintendo to just make a straight up sequel to Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Where the rest of the industry has moved bounds and leaps, the revolutionary recipee which was Ocarina of Time has fallen way behind, because Nintendo have faffed about with artsy-fartsy experiments with graphics and game mechanics that have led nowhere.

GTA is the perfect example of a series that has focused on getting better rather than different with each installment. We start with a quite ugly top-down game which was fun. It receives a better looking sequel with a simple story. The franchise goes 3D with the third installment, bringing over everything that made the earlier games great. With Vice City, many of the earlier games flaws were resolved, the game world was doubled in size, a lot of extra fun weapons and vehicles were added and the story and graphics were improved. San Andreas further increased the size of the game world and new features were added.

Same goes for Assassins Creed. The core mechanics and graphics clearly improved over the years. And when they added a new mechanic, the ships, they made sure to keep them and continue improving upon them. Take notice, Nintendo.

A bit of everything, rather that being bloated at some parts

As I've said before: the Wii U is crammed full of sidescrollers. And minigame compilations. Why did Nintendo start making a third first party sidescroller (Yarn Yoshi, then don't forget that Nintendo used a considerable part of their own E3 presentation to show off Rayman as well) when we haven't had a new Starfox, Waverace, F-Zero, Excitebike, Pilotwings etc etc etc for over 10 years?

Please the fans

The two above parts probably fall in under this category as well. You guys have millions of fans. If you could sell a Wii U to every single fan, that alone would at least double sales. I have several friends who have owned every single Nintendo console since the N64, but are yet to buy a Wii U. Why? Because they just haven't seen anything worth purchasing the machine over. And that is because of the above factors.

Less complicated controllers

The Wiimote sucks. Not for a lack of buttons, being imprecise or anything of that sort. No, it's because there are few actual standalone controllers released for the format. Most controllers, like the Zapper and wheel were just shells. Then there was the classic controller, which while not being a plastic shell, actually had to be connected to a Wiimote to work. And the Wii U gamepad is no better.

Be premium

Why is the iPhone so popular? Because it looks good, is compact and has a great image. It feels premium. The Wii U is quite dull and unimaginative. if you look at the tablet, it's big, clunky and looks cheap. Why is there so much space between the analogue sticks and the screen? Why is there a massive, garish lump of plastic underneath the screen, when the Home button and other parts could be moved to another part of the controller?

If Nintendo would've flushed the screen with the rest of the controller and added a bit of decorative metal, the controller would immediately be more appealing. Heck, I might photoshop it later today.

Then just keep on thinking premium whenever you greenlight your games.

Purchase a s**tload of third party developers

Some genres are perhaps not within Nintendo's comfort zone. Fine, but they should still realise where they are lacking and find someone to fill the void. Give the Wii U a complete package of software. There are lots of developers who could take on larger projects if they had the economic security. So my recommendation is to look at all third parties, including indies, which have any potential whatsoever, but are held back by poor economy, then think long and hard about which ones they should invest in. Considering how alarming the drought on the Wii U is, the natural answer should be:

Edited by Hogge

There's quite a bit to sort out, online yadda yadda... :heh: But for me the single most important issue that Nintendo need to address is their own software output, in terms of both quantity and consistency.

They just haven't (for whatever reason) been supporting the Wii U anywhere near as well as they should have. :blank:

It'd be less of an issue if the 3rd party situation wasn't as dire, but it is. And frankly Nintendo should know better by now that they simply can't rely on other developers to pick up the slack, they have to be able to adequately support their own hardware by themselves!

What do I consider adequate? Well, the bare minimum would be one major/retail title from Nintendo (or a subsidiary) every month.

There should never ever be a fucking 3 month gap between releases, like we're getting from DKCTF to MK8! :mad:

Completely unacceptable, and to be honest, embarrassing. :nono:

I think I'd have actually preferred for Nintendo to delay the launch of Wii U by a year or even 2, in order to be able to then follow a consistent release schedule. :hmm:

2. No gimmicks. No gimmicks! (so important it's worth saying twice.)

I have to be careful what I say here because I know a lot of people like the Wii and I'm not trying to offend anyone. My problem with gimmicks is that they are just trying to catch people's attention, rather than any earnest attempt to develop the quality of gaming. When I played games like Wind Waker on the GameCube, I couldn't wait to see how Nintendo would try to improve on them - but the problem is, to my mind, they never did. The whole concept of the Wii was to popularise something different. It sold, but I'd argue it didn't develop gaming in any positive way.

The real problem with gimmicks is that they are expensive and rob us of two things:

a) powerful hardware

b) the standard control options of the day (eg. analogue triggers)

I completely agree that gimmicks are bad, but I think this is mainly an issue with software, rather than hardware. Look at every single Mario and Zelda game from the last ten years, and you'll see weird gimmicks. From strange art styles, to the FLUDD, to the planets in Mario Galaxy to the wolf, loftwing etc. Not to mention the two drivers in Double Dash.

Some great comments here showing the general feeling toward Nintendo.

A lot of what Nintendo do I love but what irks me the most is..

Over promising and under delivering.

Sure, it's almost expected by companies who need to sell software and hardware. But it's getting ridiculous. Iwata/Reggie promise us that droughts won't occur and that Nintendo will make the changes. They promised increased third party support and it didn't occur. They feature on a gaming show and announce Cranky Kong. The unfortunate thing is that customers lose faith in the company. That's one of the most damaging factors happening to Nintendo. They keep making the same mistakes and it looks to have bit them in the ass.

The better thing to do? Under promise and over deliver. Drop the entire Wii VC on the WiiU out of the blue. Announce MarioWorld and DKC DLC for release in the next few days.

Online fansites, the media and certainly E3 is made for such occasions, yet they sit on their hands and let the buzz pass them by. Gamers are passionate customers. There is no reason not to be enticing them on to your platform with surprises and announcements that actually occur. Especially when you are supporting your console on your own.

Edited by tapedeck

I'm just gonna steal what others have said.

1. Take online gaming seriously. I can't believe that we're STILL on this one and we've been talking about this since about 2006, perhaps earlier. With the online modes, it always seems like an after-thought rather than something that is embedded within every single game. Nintendo really needs to be more pro-active in this regard, especially given the nature of our digital world. Miiverse was a beautiful start, but the fact that games such as Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World don't feature any online at all (I have both, it could and should have worked) is shameful.

That is the biggest one for me. The fact that they refuse to embrace online gaming is one of my biggest peeves with the company, especially when so many of their games would work really well with it.

My number 1 pet peeve. Virtual Console. Ramp up the damn bloody rate of releases! Localise the massive list of JPN only games!

You have a huge drought and a desperate need for high quality exclusive software; but you also don't want to break the bank in getting it...

Here is a massive repository of incredible games (that are exclusive in this day and age) right at your fingertips! JUST BLOODY RELEASE THEM ALREADY!!! :mad:

Yup. These games could easily be used to plug the gap ( as seen with the GBA games ) and getting titles that never made it out of Japan would be a nice bonus.

More western teams

But Next Level Games. They've got a good history with Nintendo (and a bad history away from them), so they would be a next start. I would also start up a new development team in the UK. Attract a mixture of new people and old staff from companies like Free Radical and Rare. Monster Games is also another good possibility. These, along with Retro Studios, should work on more "western" titles for Nintendo.

Work closer with third parties

Like Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo should communicate with developers during the development of a console, and listen to their feedback. Nintendo can work on unique features and get developers excited about it before the console is developed. If a team is part of the development process, they'll be more likely to develop for the console afterwards (Bethesda didn't even consider the Wii U because of Nintendo's communication).

Nintendo should also be more willing to "loan out" their B franchises. We don't need Zelda Dynasty Warriors - third party Nintendo IPs should be for franchises like F-Zero, Star Fox, Excite, 1080 and Wave Race. Let Sega make another F-Zero.

They need to stop their arrogant ways of thinking that 3rd parties aren't important. They need to be more aggressive in getting games on their system and help out companies when it comes to developing for their console.

There's quite a bit to sort out, online yadda yadda... :heh: But for me the single most important issue that Nintendo need to address is their own software output, in terms of both quantity and consistency.

They just haven't (for whatever reason) been supporting the Wii U anywhere near as well as they should have. :blank:

It'd be less of an issue if the 3rd party situation wasn't as dire, but it is. And frankly Nintendo should know better by now that they simply can't rely on other developers to pick up the slack, they have to be able to adequately support their own hardware by themselves!

What do I consider adequate? Well, the bare minimum would be one major/retail title from Nintendo (or a subsidiary) every month.

There should never ever be a fucking 3 month gap between releases, like we're getting from DKCTF to MK8! :mad:

Completely unacceptable, and to be honest, embarrassing. :nono:

I think I'd have actually preferred for Nintendo to delay the launch of Wii U by a year or even 2, in order to be able to then follow a consistent release schedule. :hmm:

Yeah, it still baffles me just what the hell Nintendo were doing during the twilight years of the Wii. They should have been ready, yet they weren't.

Proper voice chat built into the console, fiend notifications and invites. Essentially, just bring the online up to standard while keeping Miiverse as Nintendo's "unique" element of it.

This is something i'm surprised Nintendo hasn't done. It's right up their alley in wanting to protect little Jonny. Would it have a popup come on the screen saying STRANGER DANGER? :D