NEurope
Ashley

Funeral Song

My mom has asked me to find a song for her aunt's funeral, and it got me thinking; what would I like to be played at my funeral.

So here's a fun mobid game, lets plan our own funerals! I dunno about mine, have a few I'd like and in a funeral you could play a few because obviously its not a five minute event.

Ignore the fact that new music will come out before you die/musical preference will change.

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover (live) (with any luck I'll have a lover when I die)

Frou Frou - Let Go

Sarah McLachlan - Full of Grace (although it reminds me fo the drama with my brother so thats a question mark)

Dashboard Prophets - Ballad For Dead Friends (if I die young which touch wood I won't)

I have had this planned for years :heh:

I want november rain by guns and roses played and lowed into my grave during slashs kick ass guitar solo :)

Probably the Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody.

But for comedies:

Happy Days theme tune.

Oasis - Live Forever.

Good thread, i've already thought about this. I want this tune to be playing at the start when everyone is walking in and taking their seats. I'm talking flashing lights and smoke synchronised to the music.

As for "hymns", I want this and this to be played. I figure the lyrics to each will be provided in the little booklet that everyone gets.

Finally, when my coffin is slowly being descended into the ground, I want this tune to be played. That'll put a smile on their goddamn faces.

sarbarah (sp?) girl - by nickel creek.

and everyone would be wearing orange.

Imitation of Life - R.E.M

Heheheh deeper underground great suggestion :wink:

Good thread, i've already thought about this. I want this tune to be playing at the start when everyone is walking in and taking their seats. I'm talking flashing lights and smoke synchronised to the music.

As for "hymns", I want this and this to be played. I figure the lyrics to each will be provided in the little booklet that everyone gets.

Finally, when my coffin is slowly being descended into the ground, I want this tune to be played. That'll put a smile on their goddamn faces.

Please can i come to your funeral? Please.

Hmmm, maybe Pink Floyd with "Wish You Were Here", or perhaps the Venga Boys with "Were Going To Ibiza". Really I have not given it much thought.

hahhahahah genius, man that would rule so bad.

ooo well i think it would be Queen - live forever, while people are coming into the church and then for when the coffin is lowered it will be The police - every breath u take. it was the song that was playing when i come in to this world and it will be song for when i leave!

Okay, coolest playlist ever. First 'Hot Rats' by Frank Zappa, cos I don't like to ram the fact that it's an upsetting time down my mourners throats. Then How to Disappear Completely by Radiohead, brrrrr as my coffin goes down. Then Tetris theme as the mourners fuck off to unsettle them and maybe make their tears a little awkward. Fuck yeah!

Either

Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

At your Funeral - Saves the Day

Something Beautiful - Cauterize

Well....maybe:

Slipped Away- Avril Lavigne

Funeral Song- The Rasmus

Sail Away- The Rasmus

Mad World- Gary Jules

Although having a sad song at my funeral may not do it for me, i don't know where-ever a happier song to send me off would be better.... :smile:

So obviously a song which people will remember me by:

IN THE SHADOWS by The Rasmus, love it, sing it all the time and it's catchy. I want people to be happy when i die, not sad.

and why The Rasmus all the time? Well there are my fav band, and have been all through my teenage years which to be honest are probably your most influential. I will obviously listen to more and more bands as i get older but The Rasmus i will always remember.

ooo well i think it would be Queen - live forever, while people are coming into the church and then for when the coffin is lowered it will be The police - every breath u take. it was the song that was playing when i come in to this world and it will be song for when i leave!

It's also about a stalker. just so you know...