Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Plus Free Games

Happenstance

Just done Xeodrifter myself - not 100% but I'd say that's taken me 4 hours or so. I was pretty crap at tomes though - would def be faster on another pkaythrough. Was kinda not recognising how hard it can hit/how far it'll then set you back. Def old school vibe and very metroid inspired but probably just the rightish sort of length to stop me getting too frustrated/bored.

• 4 weeks later...

Next month's games:

• Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
  • Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
  • Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
  • Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
  • Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)
  • Chariot (PS3)

Maybe I'll finally get around to playing Super Meat Boy! Although my brother would have to get back to playing Persona 4 and finish that first, so probably not.

Super Meat Boy is amazing, I'm probably not going to bother playing it again but if you didn't the first time, you're in for a treat. If you want a challenge, track down the I Wanna Be The Guy levels. They totally won't drive you insane with controller-wrecking anger. Not at all. Honest.

Broken Age, as a whole, is a pretty solid game. Though Act 2 does include more puzzles, the logic and thinking required to solve some of them is rather obtuse as you're more or less left in the dark to figure it out, with some of the multipart ones being rather unnecessarily trifling. I thought Act 1 was generally the stronger part from my play through as it didn't feel like it rushed to draw things to an end. Perhaps a third act, splitting up some of Act 2, or an epilogue to take some of that apart would've benefitted it on the whole.

Pretty lean month for me in terms of what's on offer. Have played through Super Meat Boy back on the 360 and while it'll get some play time again, I probably won't be putting in the same amount of time to clear it as I did originally. Had been interested in Unmechanical Extended for a while so looking forward to trying that. But yeah, not too much to draw my attention away from the plethora of stuff I have sitting waiting to be completed (Mad Max, Tearaway Unfolded, The Order: 1886, The Walking Dead Season 1).

Super Meat Boy won't have the original OST. Instead it will feature a new soundtrack composed by musicians who worked on Binding Of Isaac Rebirth and Plants vs Zombies:

Matthias Bossi and Jon Evans, known the world over as Ridiculon (whose most recent work includes The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth) provided the bulk of the soundtrack. They took care of The Forest, Hell, The Rapture, The End as well as the intro music and title screen. They also rescored all of the cutscenes and miscellaneous ditties. Their work is always stellar and their work on Super Meat Boy is no exception. Ready yourselves for some devilishly gruesome guitar work my friends.

David “Scattle” Scatliffe of Hotline Miami fame used his unique moody style to create incredible tracks for The Hospital and the Salt Factory. His mastery will leave you wondering if the shakes you’re having are from the intense levels or the creepy/industrial bliss your ears are soaking in.

And finally, Laura Shigihara of Plants vs. Zombies fame scored The Cotton Alley in her style to give Bandage Girl’s levels a gentle feminine touch that provides a fitting counterpoint to the hardest levels in the game.

Source

And there will be a Platinum...a fucking difficult one...

Another thing players will notice is there is in fact a Platinum Trophy in Super Meat Boy. When deciding what trophies to put in to the PS4/Vita version, we wanted to make sure that when a player does finally earn the Platinum Trophy...that they feel like they've accomplished the impossible. While it's not impossible...it is...really REALLY hard.

Basically you have your run of the mill trophies like unlocking the Kid, finding warpzones, beating the game, etc...but the really challenging trophies are the Iron Man trophies. The way Iron Man trophies are obtained is by beating all the levels (not counting boss, glitch and warpzone levels) in a chapters light world or dark world without dying. Each Chapter (with the exception of The End which has no Iron Man run) has two trophies, one for the light world Iron Man, one for the dark world Iron Man.

Not sure if I'll go for it...

Anyway, will go on vacation for three days with my girlfriend on Tuesday. I told her I'll bring my Vita and play Super Meat Boy. She didn't seem to mind. Let's see how she'll react to my rage :laughing:

• 4 weeks later...
I didn't even get around to starting last month's games. I'm not sure if I even got to play the ones before that. The backlog grows larger.

I had a fair crack with last months and really thought I'd keep making the most of them going forward, but it seems this month must have just disappeared into a haze of Terraria and Destiny as the only one I touched was Super Meat Boy! I might make it a point to try and working through Broken Age soon though, as I hear good things about it.

Had Magicka 1 on Steam but my graphics card and/or PC was a bit shitty about it for some reason - was playable but stuttering. Sure it was something I actually later fixed with a driver update, but it was beyond me caring enough to go back to Magicka then - so I'd actually be super chuffed for that on PS4! Hopefully play with a few peeps here if interested.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!