NEurope
bryanee

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ben Affleck was great in Argo. He can definitely do this. Just forget about Daredevil, Affleck was a million miles from being the worst thing about the movie anyway.

I can't wait to see his take on Batman. Honestly, he's a great actor and at the least has a much better voice for it than Bale. I'm happy to have a little faith.

Firstly, I didn't even like the idea of the film. I thought the new Superman was good, not great. There was too much stuff that looked like it came out of Transformers, not enough character development and the kiss between Lois and Superman seemed tacked on as I never felt they really built any kind of chemistry or bond throughout the film.

Saying that, it was a lot better than Superman Returns and Cavill was very well cast. It was a good film and I felt Zod was played perfectly.

Due to this I would have much rather Superman took the route of the Nolan Batman trilogy. I would have liked the character to develop and grow over a series of films. After Man of Steel there was real potential for this to happen

I felt it was too early for a cross over and feel that a cross over kind of scuppers developing Superman in the same way as Nolan did with Batman.

But this casting really does make things worse. I don't really like the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I feel they should have gone for a lesser known actor to play the role. I may be wrong, but I just don't like this decision.

Certainly an interesting choice. I agree he's a great actor but I worry how he'll take to the Batman role. Luckily I'm not as fussed about DC(didn't actually hate daredevil that much either :p)

Seems like a strange choice, but I don't think I've seen him in much - I turned Daredevil off pretty quickly and the only other film I've seen him in is The Town, which was pretty forgettable.

I can imagine him as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman.

Edited by Cube

Seems like a strange choice, but I don't think I've seen him in much - I turned Daredevil off pretty quickly and the only other film I've seen him in is The Town, which was pretty forgettable.

I can imagine him as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman.

thats exactly what i thought, bruce wayne he'll be perfect but can he do the dark menacing aspects of batman? because right now all i can think is he is eye candy and has the chin

I want and need to be proved wrong, otherwise this will be daredevil all over again

That's like saying X-Men DoFP will be Catwoman all over again because it has Halle Berry in. He didn't produce, direct or write Daredevil so it has no bearing here....

I can't say I'm overly thrilled about any of this. Heath Ledger giving that performance as the joke was rare, it was a once in a lifetime thing. Ben Affleck would have to give the best performance of his career to pull this off for me.

I'm still bitter about Batman being in this in the first place.

Not sure why there's such a negative reaction. Ben Affleck isn't a bad actor and I'm sure he'll do a good job. He doesn't look any less the part than Bale.

Not sure why there's such a negative reaction. Ben Affleck isn't a bad actor and I'm sure he'll do a good job. He doesn't look any less the part than Bale.

xu0l.jpg

Yeah but... this is not gonna happen this time. Ben Affleck is not gonna "do a Heath Ledger". :laughing:

Fuuuuck, I wish people would stop playing the Heath Ledger card. Like I said, a performance like that is rare and he was given a huge creative license to do whatever the fuck he wanted. He went to extreme lengths to do that role and we'll probably not see anything like it for a very long time. It was iconic and ground breaking.

I'm curious to see how things will progress with Affleck as Batman, because Snyder must have seen something in Affleck that we haven't, because I still can't see it. Given how much I loved Man of Steel, I'll trust him on this one and we'll see. But, those expecting a monumental performance like Ledger's need to lower their expectations. Dramatically.

One of those particular posts above does my fucking head in. "Johnny Depp should be Joker".

Actors play different fucking characters, if you give them a fucking chance.

Visually, Ben Affleck will make a good Batman. And he is a great actor and a huge fanboy. = Great casting.

I think the reaction to Affleck has been blown well out of proportion. He's made some shit films that he's openly acknowledged but you can only work with what you're given and that wasn't much in things like Pearl Harbour and Daredevil. The guy can really act, write and direct, he knows his stuff. I think he's gotten a lot better as he's gotten older, perhaps not seeking out the major movies anymore in attempt to fix his image (lulz picking Batman). Argo is a fucking immense piece of work.

People jizzed themselves over Bale because "OMG HE"S A CHARACTER ACTOR WHO ONCE LOST 13 STONE TO APPEAR AS PILLOW IN SOME FILM NO ONE REMEMBERS!'

Funny not many people mention Terminator Salvation.

Edited by Jon

I think the reaction to Affleck has been blown well out of proportion. He's made some shit films that he's openly acknowledged but you can only work with what you're given and that wasn't much in things like Pearl Harbour and Daredevil. The guy can really act, write and direct, he knows his stuff. I think he's gotten a lot better as he's gotten older, perhaps not seeking out the major movies anymore in attempt to fix his image (lulz picking Batman). Argo is a fucking immense piece of work.

People jizzed themselves over Bale because "OMG HE"S A CHARACTER ACTOR WHO ONCE LOST 13 STONE TO APPEAR AS PILLOW IN SOME FILM NO ONE REMEMBERS!'

Funny not many people mention Terminator Salvation.

Terminator Salvation wasn't "bad". It was just a bit bland and unnecessarily made.

Even then, that's one film. Ben Affleck has done well in his last two films, but he's also responsible for, as already said, Daredevil, Gigli, Paycheck, Pearl Harbour, Armageddon (he's particularly awful in that film).

Finally, this:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero,” Affleck said to the press at the premiere of his 2006 film Hollywoodland.

“Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn’t want to do again soon."

I think people have a right to be a bit sceptical about this. Karl Urban would have been a great choice, imo.

I'd personally have chosen Daniel Radcliffe. He always seemed so good a playing a moody little cunt who thought the world was against him.

Terminator Salvation wasn't "bad". It was just a bit bland and unnecessarily made.

Even then, that's one film. Ben Affleck has done well in his last two films, but he's also responsible for, as already said, Daredevil, Gigli, Paycheck, Pearl Harbour, Armageddon (he's particularly awful in that film).

Finally, this:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero,” Affleck said to the press at the premiere of his 2006 film Hollywoodland.

“Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn’t want to do again soon."

I think people have a right to be a bit sceptical about this. Karl Urban would have been a great choice, imo.

Those films are all around 10 years old. I'd like to think that he has gotten better of that time as he seems to be more heavily invested in the craft of film (i.e. he's directing too now!) and not just some 20-odd year old that was fairly new to the game and people only really expected a pretty face. Although I can't recall seeing him in a film in the last few years, but I think it's unfair people are judging him from (admittedly crap) films from years ago.