NEurope
bryanee

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I can't see Jesse Eisenberg in the role at all. AT ALL. Especially alongside Cahill.

But hey, they'll likely convince me.

Lex as the young billionaire entrepreneur, and Alfred as an ex spy bad-ass who needs to remind Batman who he is and kick his ass accordingly when needed...

... Ok, I can see it :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I don't have a problem with Jesse as Lex Luthor, in terms of acting ability....i do with age, he will look like a young child compared to Cahil, the two seem a mis match to each other, and Superman and Lex have this chemistry, where as i just can't see it with Eisenburg/Cahil....who knows

Jeremy Irons seems an odd choice more to me, he doesn't have the loveable father figure of Alfred.....but he certainly could have been an ex spy so maybe

Actual Michael Cera as the Joker looks....

Looks being the key word here. He's a pretty bad actor and would be a shite Joker.

I don't have a problem with Jesse as Lex Luthor, in terms of acting ability....i do with age, he will look like a young child compared to Cahil, the two seem a mis match to each other, and Superman and Lex have this chemistry, where as i just can't see it with Eisenburg/Cahil....who knows
I was quite shocked when I googled them today to find out the actors are the same age!

As the IGN team speculate, if WB sat down and said 'ok... what would the Lex Luther of today be'... they are likely right he would be a Mark Zuckerberg type. And well, they went and got him really!

Edited by Retro_Link

Looks being the key word here. He's a pretty bad actor and would be a shite Joker.

Wouldn't it be amazing though if he was a brilliant actor, and everything he's done up to now was just an act.

Then he pulls out this brilliant Joker from nowhere, and stuns everyone.

I was quite shocked when I googled them today to find out the actors are the same age!

As the IGN team speculate, if WB sat down and said 'ok... what would the Lex Luther of today be'... they are likely right he would be a Mark Zuckerberg type. And well, they went and got him really!

the same AGE? WHAT? (googles it) :o

Okay.....then i'm down to them not looking the same age...thats silly....maybe this could work

I can't believe they are the same age, they look 10 years apart

Wouldn't it be amazing though if he was a brilliant actor, and everything he's done up to now was just an act.

Then he pulls out this brilliant Joker from nowhere, and stuns everyone.

This is starting to sound familiar... Does he die shortly after the performance of a life time?

The more I hear about this film the more hilariously bad it sounds! To be fair Kevin Spacey did a great job as Lex in the otherwise humdrum affair that was Superman Returns.

Kevin Spacey was awful. He was about as menacing as box of crayons.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/05/dwayne-johnson-hints-that-hes-playing-green-lantern

Dwayne Johnson Hints That He's Playing Green Lantern

The Rock makes an interest comment about John Stewart on Instagram.

We know that Dwayne Johnson is making a DC Comics movie with Warner Bros. because he tweeted as much last month. But an earlier social media post made by The Rock last November suggests which DC character he might be playing: John Stewart, the Green Lantern.

The Rock included the following hashtag on his Instagram post below: #JohnStewartCanStillWhupSupermansAss

Here's the text of The Rock's Instagram post above: "Known this beast since he was 15. I was on the football field playing for Miami, he was leading the Hurricanes marching band as Drum Major. He spent years of working on my WWE story lines & Rock monologues. Then years of being on every movie set with me learning the film business from top to bottom. Today, he's one of the best and most sought after producers in Hollywood. Brilliant, relentless and one big motherf*cker! Proud of you brother & thank you for all the hard work. #ProducerHiram #TeamRock #JohnStewartCanStillWhupSupermansAss"

Instagram pic is in the link.

Oh ma gaaaaaawd, fucking called it if true.

Now all I need is a ginger Wally West as Flash. Fuck Barry.

No chance Wally West will be in this.

Not too happy that John Stewart isn't black if this is true, on the other hand if anyone is going to launch Green Lantern as a viable and popular superhero, it's The Rock.

This film sounds like it is getting worse by the day! People were complaining about Mark Wahlberg in Transformers AoE, but The Rock as Green Lantern, what a farce.

This film sounds like it is getting worse by the day! People were complaining about Mark Wahlberg in Transformers AoE, but The Rock as Green Lantern, what a farce.

Well someone clearly can't smell what the Rock is cooking...

Well someone clearly can't smell what the Rock is cooking...

I can smell that this film is sounding more and more like a baked turd!

It feels like a rushed and chaotic attempt to cobble together a DC version of Avengers Assemble.

Nowhere does it say that the Rock is playing Green Lantern in this movie. Chill.

If Warner wanted to rush the film they wouldn't have changed the release date.

There's no evidence whatsoever that this is rushed. Or even that it will be bad.

Also,on a side note, everyone seems to have forgotten that before the Avengers, X-men had a great series of ensemble films that didn't have a single solo film lead into them (in fact they have quite the opposite problem). A Justice League film - which this isn't - could easily work right off that bat (it has some of fiction's most icon characters ever, I'll add). There are literally thousands of examples of films that introduces teams of characters successfully.

Seriously, anyone making a judgment about this film right now is sounding pretty fucking stupid.

Seriously, anyone making a judgment about this film right now is sounding pretty fucking stupid.

Not really. There has been quite a lot of negative discussion about this film and for good reason.

Marvel clearly had a plan with The Avengers. They introduced each of the characters before in their own films (Hawkeye being the exception). They established the universe over the different individual films and some characters like Nick Fury appeared in more than one. References were made, cameos and after credit scenes set the scene for it all coming to together. Thus when Avengers Assemble came out it all worked perfectly.

There was no half arsed origin story weaved in to fit in extra characters who didn't have their big screen debut. Even the The Hulk (which floundered due to changing the actor) had still achieved reasonable box office success and the other characters; Iron Man, Thor and Captain America had all been a success.

Now take a look at what DC are doing. They've just come out of the most successful comic book trilogy of all time; Batman Begins/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises. But all of that is being discarded as it was a self contained trilogy and a new actor (who everyone is sceptical of) is taking the helm.

Superman has come back from abortive Brandon Ruth affair, yet didn't perform as well at box office as studio execs or DC hoped.

The other characters being floated around to fit into this have either not had a big screen debut, or have been box office flops.

Rather than doing what Marvel has done and built a cohesive universe over several franchises that all came together for one excellent ensemble film, DC appear to be trying to rush the whole affair and sandwich what Marvel did over a length period into one giant summer blockbuster.

I would have much rather they developed Superman properly along his own story arc as they did with the Nolan Trilogy.

Rather than doing what Marvel has done and built a cohesive universe over several franchises that all came together for one excellent ensemble film, DC appear to be trying to rush the whole affair and sandwich what Marvel did over a length period into one giant summer blockbuster.

I think Daft's point was they don't have to do what Marvel have done. The characters announced so far are big names and even those that are new to this (Batman, WW and Lex) only need a brief introduction as they are generally in the collective consciousness. Yeah, we probably won't get a huge backcourt backstory for WW but for the sake of this film, I doubt we'd need it.

Wait and see until the revised script leaks at least.

I do agree though that Superman could have used more solo development, however much Batman could potentially be a part of Superman's growth on earth.

Alternatively, had it just been Batman in this film then fair enough, maybe that could have worked. Although tbf we do not know which of the other characters being cast will actually appear in this movie, and if they do, how much of a role they will have, but it does seem like a bit of a strange decision.

Yes they don't need to do what Marvel are doing, but what tha also don't need are the audience going 'Who the hell is this guy?' [be in Green Lantern/Flash/Aquaman...] and being left a bit confused, unsure of how they felt about the film as a result and whether they'll want to go and see anymore.

Something that does bother me is that they cast Ben Affleck to play an older, more battle weary Batman... which is EXACTLY what Bale's Batman had become by the end of the Dark Knight Trilogy. They really should have done whatever it took utilise the success of those films to help grow the rest of their movie universe.

I hope this Batman is no kind of origin story, just the established Dark Knight, with many years of experience.

I'm so glad there's a separation between Bale's Batman and this tbh. I actually hate what they did with the Batman character in Rises. Giving him a huge sabbatical, a short-lived comeback and then falling straight into retirement. The "Batman" legend of Nolan's world had too short a timespan. This should hopefully be completely separate from that.

Although, there's still a big part of me that thinks this could be a huge shitty mess.