NEurope
bryanee

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I hope this Batman is no kind of origin story, just the established Dark Knight, with many years of experience.

I think this Batman will have "retired" many years before the film, and the events of Man of Steel caused him to start again.

Already been confirmed he's still Batman, not retired.

And Retro, no Bale, no Nolan Batman anywhere near this.

Soooo Cyborg has been cast

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-superman-cyborg-ray-fisher-1201163390/

rayfisher.jpg?w=600&h=338&crop=1

Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League and will become a much more significant role as Warner and D.C. develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.

---------------

Sounds like a small role just to get the character some attention and then expand the character as DC/WB build the DCCU.

Edited by bryanee

they need to change the name now to Justice League : Attempting to catch the coat tails of Avengers

does anyone else think this is going to be too crowded and not work now?

Not really. He'll probably have as much screen time as Professor Hamilton in MoS. And no one worried about that being crowded. Likewise, Spider-Man 2 has lots of characters and everyone got their due.

I'm concerned about how they're going to get Wonder Woman into the film without taking it away from what should essentially be a Superman movie, with Lois in a prominent role and the likes of Martha, Perry, Jimmy. Even Jor-El should have a place, even if just a voice in the Fortress of Solitude only, but Russell Crowe said he won't be back for the sequel, although I guess that doesn't rule out recording something.

I think Cyborg will purely be a Victor Stone cameo though.

Not really. He'll probably have as much screen time as Professor Hamilton in MoS. And no one worried about that being crowded. Likewise, Spider-Man 2 has lots of characters and everyone got their due.
Spider-Man 2 felt very rushed for me, like they were purely giving all these additional characters screen time, so that they didn't have to spend any time on them in other films and could reach their goals more quickly. This is how I think it might go with Superman 2.

Spiderman 2 could have ended a few times and didn't, because they wanted to establish a lot of things. It could have ended after Electro was defeated and leave the Green Goblin actual appearance for a future film, it could have ended after the clocktower and subsequent scene but didn't, and they included Rhino at the end so they wouldn't have to tackle him again (but have atleast established him) until likely, the Sinister Six movie... or they've got a minor villain out of the way now that they can now forget about.

I'm not saying Spiderman was bad btw, because I enjoyed it. It was just perhaps unnecessarily long and crowded to get things done quicker. It still worked, but surely Harry Osbourne could have had more time spent on him, and likewise Gwen, if there weren't these big plans in place.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

I get that to an extent but I think looking at the big picture, when the follow ups come out they'll be all the characters will be all the better for having been introduced earlier. Personally Spidey 2 didn't feel rushed to me, but I do wish Harry had featured in the first film - that was probably my only issue.

Any future appearance of Cyborg is going to benefit from him being flowed into the universe sooner. I felt that is what most comic book films are missing - it shouldn't be a huge deal when someone like Dr Strange is name dropped in Cap 2.

I really feel we have to break out of this boring need to introduce characters at the start of films in the context of a film movieverse. That should allow much more freedom. And Spidey 2 plays with that and that's great, I think.

Me might not even be Cyborg yet but just regular old Victor Stone. They could set up that character or even have him in the accident that kicks off the whole Cyborg malarky for the JL film.

Justice League movie happening, Synder directing.

Had a thought. What if characters like Cyborg (and any others that may be announced) are part of a coda at the end of the film to set this up? What if Batman and Superman 'fight' (ideologically or physically) during the film, confront Luther and then decide that the JL needs to be formed? Then we see a coda whereby they start recruiting.

Which I think was also the end of the plot of WWII but with the UN instead...

Maybe they have him on a contract and want to make use of him, maybe they have faith in him?

I am really excited. Especially with the inclusion of Cyborg. He's been absolutely epic recently in Justice League.

Edit: Really hope Amanda Waller is cast soon.

Why Snyder again :/ all your eggs kinda thing. Diversify, DC!

I think this makes more sense seeing as MoS, BvS and JL will probably work as a trilogy for the rest of the universe to spring off. I would be surprised if he directed anything else.

Edited by Daft

Mother's versus Superman versus staged matches of Super Smash Bros Melee?

I hope you like your DC movies because they're planning for nine of them.

The Wall Street Journal went further, citing a total of nine DC features in development at the studio, including The Metal Men, Shazam!, 100 Bullets and Fables. Also, actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played a variation on Robin in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, is on board to produce an adaptation of The Sandman from Neil Gaiman’s seminal DC comic.

Excluding BvS and Justice League, what's the list?

100 Bullets

Fables

Shazam

Metal Men

Sandman

...what are the other four?

Deathstroke and Suicide Squad?

Justice League Dark?

The Flash already has a script apparently.

Arrow: The Movie?

TV show movies are all the rage lately!

I think DC will be smart enough to keep their movies and tv separate.

Also, WW isn't one of the nine. It is under consideration, though.

Today, director Zack Snyder posted the following photo on his Twitter account with the question, "Could be time to pull the tarp...Tomorrow?"

batmobile-bvs.jpg

Also...

Not long now...!! "Can't wait to see Batman&WonderWoman costumes, by our favorite designer, @wilkinson .Follow this guy!" #BatmanvsSuperman

Quite surprised we're seeing a Batmobile tbh, didn't really expect it in the film. Suddenly feels less and less Superman 2.

Interesting though. Looks like a cross between the Tumbler in terms of being quite heavy duty, with the elongated design from all the prior movies.

I am 1 part nervous, 1 part excited and 3 parts terrified about all of this.