Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

If the Red Yoshi is last, then it would be behind you?

Last in the cup after, let's say, 2 races.

But of course this is all purely hypothetical and a really small chance for something non-important that could occur on a track that we would like to see return, but that's actually happening is based on nothing more than wishes and hopes ;)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said this might be the new Baby Park.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1715573&postcount=3117

So of the new vehicles we know:

• Links Master Cycle
  • B Dasher
  • Tanooki Jeep
  • ?????

That'll make up the 4 vehicles so.

Edit: Wrong. It's not a new vehicle. Thought we'd get an Excitebike bike.

Said this might be the new Baby Park.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1715573&postcount=3117

So of the new vehicles we know:

• Links Master Cycle
  • B Dasher
  • Tanooki Jeep
  • ?????

That'll make up the 4 vehicles so.

Edit: Wrong. It's not a new vehicle. Thought we'd get an Excitebike bike.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by Wii

Very much liking the look of the ExciteBike course, I really hope they have more non-Mario courses. I really think they should dub it Nintendo Kart or something in future so we can see characters and courses from other IPs.

Just need to hope they do something about the unbalanced online and this could potentially be my favourite DLC ever bought.

Very much liking the look of the ExciteBike course, I really hope they have more non-Mario courses. I really think they should dub it Nintendo Kart or something in future so we can see characters and courses from other IPs.

Just need to hope they do something about the unbalanced online and this could potentially be my favourite DLC ever bought.

No. It should never be Nintendo Kart. Have other characters/stages as bonuses in DLC etc., sure, but never ever ever should they change Mario Kart to be Nintendo Kart.

It doesn't need to be.

Edited by Serebii

No. It should never be Nintendo Kart. Have other characters/stages as bonuses in DLC etc., sure, but never ever ever should they change Mario Kart to be Nintendo Kart.

It doesn't need to be.

Blah blah blah opinions opinions..

And yes, it needs fixing. This Mario Kart has been great aside from the gimped battle mode and the unbalanced multiplayer.

I think it becoming Nintendo kart opens up possibilities, but I do agree with Serebii that the name should remain MK, it's a brand. Having these cross overs as DLC allows them to keep MK while also having Nintendo kart. Instead of just wondering which retro tracks the next version might have, now there's a question of what cross over might be next...

The Excitebike track looks fun, especially the air time off some of those ramps :yay:

As for the Mario/Nintendo Kart debate, Mario Kart is a pretty well oiled machine in the racing department but the introduction of other franchises into the series opens up the possibilites of new items, locations and variety overall. They seem to be handling that pretty well with this DLC, but I probably wouldn't be against it becoming the norm :smile:

If anything, though, I'd perhaps be more interested in the next Mario Kart taking a leaf out of Diddy Kong Racing's book by adding extra forms of transport. Considering the neglect of Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding in recent generations, I'd love to at least see some jet skis and snowboarding in Mario Kart 9, as well as adding in some Pilotwings-style planes :hehe:

Add in some challenges and a much-improved battle mode and that's an exciting prospect : peace:

Can anyone tell me how to unlock stamps on this?

I've been slowly making my way through the game, done all cups on 150cc at 3 star level...yet still only 30/90 stamps! What on earth have I missed?

Also just been looking at the graphic in the shop on Mk8 about the new DLC, Wario Goldmine in there....think I'd have preferred colosseum too but hey ho, as long as we get some cracking Zelda tracks...

Can anyone tell me how to unlock stamps on this?

I've been slowly making my way through the game, done all cups on 150cc at 3 star level...yet still only 30/90 stamps! What on earth have I missed?

Also just been looking at the graphic in the shop on Mk8 about the new DLC, Wario Goldmine in there....think I'd have preferred colosseum too but hey ho, as long as we get some cracking Zelda tracks...

Beat the ghost on each Time Trial and win a Cup with all the different characters, it doesn't matter which CC you choose. You get a stamp for each character and every ghost you beat on each track.

Edited by Wii

DLC likely to come on November 13th. Amiibo functionality coming with a patch:

Dress up your Mii in racing suits based on each amiibo character's look.

In order to use this feature, users will need to download the software update available on 11/13/2014.

Get Mii racing suits with amiibo!

amiibo

Mario™

Luigi™

Yoshi™

Peach™

Donkey Kong™

Link™

Kirby™

Captain Falcon

Samus™

Fox McCloud