N-Europe

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

D_prOdigy

Story details:

Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures collectively known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-on. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever-changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

Some extra details:

• Multiplayer modes are highlighted for both versions of the game
  • Like Sonic Colours, some Colour powers are unique to Wii U, and others to the 3DS
  • Wii U exclusive Colour powers controlled through the GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming, and more
  • Can be played solely via the Wii U GamePad
  • 3DS version to feature Special Stages

Boxarts:

soniclostworld_wiiu.jpg

soniclostworld_3ds.jpg

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some new details:

Wii U

- Players can share and charge up items by sending them into Miiverse and sharing them with others around the world

- Wii U support mode has the second player piloting controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles

- Wii U multiplayer lets one person play on the GamePad and another person on the TV

3DS

- 3DS exclusive Special Stages has you tilting the system to navigate through levels; collect Chaos Emeralds in these levels

- Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic

- Local and online multiplayer confirmed

General

- Sonic can fly through the air, tear up levels, and explode into enemies

- Areas include “mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky”

- “ultra-competitive levels and modes” for multiplayer

- Share gadgets between the Wii U and 3DS versions

The item charging/sharing via Miiverse definitely intrigues me.

http://nintendoeverything.com/124028/new-sonic-lost-world-details/

Looking good so far, apart from the special stage being exclusive to the 3DS version...

Why can't the Wii U have its own special stage? I can only assume that we'll be given the 'Chaos Emeralds' or their equivalent at certain points during the home console adventure. :sad:

Feels wrong... I'd rather 'earn' them the proper way. ::shrug:

Looking good so far, apart from the special stage being exclusive to the 3DS version...

Why can't the Wii U have its own special stage? I can only assume that we'll be given the 'Chaos Emeralds' or their equivalent at certain points during the home console adventure. :sad:

Feels wrong... I'd rather 'earn' them the proper way. ::shrug:

Yeah, it is strange, especially considering that the Gamepad has all the tilt/motion sensors going on too.

The gameplay looks a lot better than the trailer and screenshots did. Although I hope they sort out the loading screens on the 3DS version. I think the first level had around 6 loading screens.

What was it about them that you didnt like?

Well for me the first level just didn't really feel right for a sonic game. I didn't really like the rotational aspect of it... although I did quite like the way they used it to rotate to find different paths. Also it does just feel ridiculously Mario Galaxy.

I agree with them that Sonic needs a bit of a shake-up in the sense that even when I'm playing I get annoyed at not being able to see a trip hazard coming up or something, and just loosing all momentum.

I also sometime feel Sonic games are too fast... but for me at least that is what I go into a Sonic game for. I don't buy one to get more of a 3D platformer.

The second level I just wasn't a fan of because of the theme. I didn't really like that world in colours. And also I prefer my Sonic levels more 3D than 2D.

The Third level again just felt like something you'd find in Galaxy, with all the floating wooden blocks etc... the bee theme... (also how is a woodland bee theme a desert level? :p)

I also feel the visual style is very underwhelming. I feel it's a step back from Colours. In fact I'd prefer this game had just built on that, and not tried to shake up the level design of radically.

But anyway. I'll wait to see more. But this isn't a system seller for me.

I also sometime feel Sonic games are too fast... but for me at least that is what I go into a Sonic game for. I don't buy one to get more of a 3D platformer.

Well like the guy in the video said, they've slowed him down and made it so you can choose your own speed. Looks like they've dropped the boost mechanic. Plus looks like there's a lot of platforming going on. Although some of the stages look like they are pretty fast so there must be a mix of level types.

The second level I just wasn't a fan of because of the theme. I didn't really

like that world in colours. And also I prefer my Sonic levels more 3D than 2D.

How can you not like food based levels? :shakehead

This is due for release this year, right?

Thankfully, yeah. Looks pretty near complete from that demo to me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!