N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

Oh its only 30p, I guess we should only complain when its full price. Just wait until all those slow as fuck 50hz N64 games get released I'm sure you'll be moaning then.

There's no excuse for them not to release the 60hz version alongside the 50hz one. Hell Metroid barely has any English in it in the first place.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually beat Great Tiger today too, @Ike.. though it was the Wii version of Punch-Out!! :grin:

Unlike you, however, my next bout is with Don Flamenco :heh:

How's that, did you lose or something? :P

Managed to counter his rush attack but still can't beat him. Giving up for tonight.

How's that, did you lose or something? :P

Managed to counter his rush attack but still can't beat him. Giving up for tonight.

I'm not playing the NES game.. I'm playing the excellent Wii one, that's why :heh:

As for giving up for the night, you may as well write off your first attempt the next day as you almost always need time to get back into the zone :indeed:

I'm not playing the NES game.. I'm playing the excellent Wii one, that's why :heh:

As for giving up for the night, you may as well write off your first attempt the next day as you almost always need time to get back into the zone :indeed:

Ah, of course. Thought you meant your were playing the NES version on the Wii VC.

Haha, probably. Will lose the timing no doubt. It's getting late and I'm tired so reflex will be slow tonight, best play tomorrow when I'm rested.

Yes, that's the reason *shifty eyes*

Nintendolife.com reporting that in NA you get a discount if you have already bought Super Mario World on Wii U VC, so p'rhaps that is it?

Ah that makes sense, I did buy Mario World.

I am tempted to get it, but then remember I have Super Mario All-Stars in my Wii game rack next to me

Why the hell haven't they got rid of the German subtitles on Super Metroid? Did the original SNES game have them? I know the Wii VC version did.

Eh? I downloaded it and it had them. I was annoyed as they pointlessly fill the screen

Yes, PAL version always had subtitles in either German or French. It's only in the beginning, tough. Later on, there won't be any need for subtitles.

Besides, I'm used to watching movies and playing games with subtitles anyway. Doesn't bother me that much.

I'm struggling with the missiles in this game. Using the select button wouldn't have been a problem on the SNES, but it's a bit awkward in the heat of battle here.

They should really do a remake of this game with updated controls a la Zero Mission.

I'm struggling with the missiles in this game. Using the select button wouldn't have been a problem on the SNES, but it's a bit awkward in the heat of battle here.

They should really do a remake of this game with updated controls a la Zero Mission.

You can customise controls ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!