N-Europe

Yoshi's NEW Island

Retro_Link

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Oh, so I was wrong! It's not being made by HAL, it's being made by Arzest!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34560

I didn't think that they'd be big enough to make a retail 3DS title, but I guess I'm wrong!

BTW, this team consists of former Artoon and SEGA developers. They previously made the Streetpass Mii Plaza games and several Wii Play Motion games (Jump Park was one of theirs)

Trailer seems to be...ok. I'll approach it with caution and wait for release/reviews. Is there a date for this yet anyway? I loved Yoshi's Island, and that'll be enough to possibly sell it to me - but again where's the innovation(the larger eggs seem to be a point of innovation, at least).

• 6 months later...

This looks dull beyond all belief. I know it actually won't be, but these trailers for it do the game absolutely no justice at all. The first one was insane good, story 64 was okay, Island 2 was okay but just irritating and frustrating and just felt recycled, with extra characters being a good idea (I think, can't really remember!).

I just don't know what to think we're getting from this? Is this just a rehash or a NEW Mario style reboot? (Which is now just about rehashing...sadly. If only each successive game had been a reboot of each of the earlier Mario games, with New Mario 2 following the style of Mario 2 US/UK).

• 4 weeks later...

A release date for the US has been announced.

Nintendo has great Nintendo 3DS games planned for early 2014 to keep the momentum going. Yoshi’s New Island launches March 14 in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. The game is being produced by Takashi Tezuka, the creative director of the original Yoshi’s Island for Super NES. Yoshi reunites with Baby Mario in a gorgeous landscape to help him to safety. Flutter jumps, ground pounds and egg throws all return, along with some new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS.

• 2 weeks later...