N-Europe

Things that people do that wind you up

Beast

We've got a thread about the things that people SAY that wind you up but what about the things they do as well?

My worst one is probably when someone says they're going to do something and then on the day, they don't do it for no reason.

I also hate the over-use of lol, lmao and things like that.

What about you guys?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a think people say but...

When cyclists war helmets but the DON'T do up the fucking strap. WHAT'S THE POINT?! TELL ME!!

Also when I've overtaken a cyclist and then stop at a red light only for the cunt cyclist I overtook to place themselves right in front of me. They then take a fuck-tonian amount of time to get moving. If you're slow, stay the hell out of my way.

/Rage

The one thing I hate when I'm driving is overtaking cyclists. I feel like they could fall or swerve at any moment and it makes me real nervous.

Another thing I hated when I was riding a motorbike was punk-ass teenagers who thought they were funny by jumping out on the road when I was near them and then jumping back. It didn't help that at the time, the roads were icy and slippery and I was swerving. Luckily, I regained balance and I was fine.

It annoys me greatly when people smoke at bus stops.

Speaking of cyclists, when crossing the (very busy) road outside my work, a few times I've been surprised by something just whizzing past me. It's some cyclist with no helmet, no lights and wearing black. If I can't see him approaching when looking to see if it's safe to cross a road, how the hell can someone in a car see him?

People who don't queue at busstops.

I don't expect there to be an actual physical queue, but i expect that when the bus turns up, everyone should have a mental map of who got to the bus stop before them, and they should get on first. Arseholes who rock up just as the bus gets there and waltz on first should be made to eat glue.

Actually queueing for the bus is quite an old fashioned thing to do nowadays, but i've seen loads of old people doing it. Once, when i was waiting for the G1 (Geriatric 1 we call it) there was a fairly nice orderly queue lined up. When the bus arrived, it over shot, so that the door was level with the back of the queue. The door opened, and the driver yelled to get on quickly, because she was late.

But the whoooooooole queue just took one step back, and waited for this incredibly old woman with a zimmer, who had been at the front of the queue, to dodder her way to the door and climb on slowly, without saying a word. It was glorious.

People who don't queue at busstops.

I don't expect there to be an actual physical queue, but i expect that when the bus turns up, everyone should have a mental map of who got to the bus stop before them, and they should get on first. Arseholes who rock up just as the bus gets there and waltz on first should be made to eat glue.

My personal etiquette for the bus is that if I have to pay for a megarider, then I wait for the people who have tickets to go on first.

One thing that confuses me is queues for trains. Everyone seems to queue from the direction of the platform entrance/exit - right in the way that everyone that needs to get off the train, usually resulting in a big mess of people going both ways.

It would take absolutely zero effort to queue from the other side, meaning that the people on the train can get off extremely easily.

When people create negative member of the year threads. Allow others to lie and delete your post when you defend yourself. Yeah, I don't like that much.

As for queues, I hate that and it's not just buses. In shops is far worse, happened in the chemist the other day. Was waiting 5 minutes to be served and some traveller woman just skips everyone asking rubbish about a free weigh on the weighing scales in the shop. No such thing said the attendant but came back 2 minutes later and did the same again. Rude.

Also when I've overtaken a cyclist and then stop at a red light only for the cunt cyclist I overtook to place themselves right in front of me. They then take a fuck-tonian amount of time to get moving. If you're slow, stay the hell out of my way.

/Rage

Oh God this. They insist on barging in front and then trawl along. When I'm in a go slow mood, I go slow. I don't try and make everyone else go slow with me!

The one thing I hate when I'm driving is overtaking cyclists. I feel like they could fall or swerve at any moment and it makes me real nervous.

It's a lot scarier on the over side, trust me :heh: But if you get nervous, don't overtake ;)

I hate when people treat anyone in a service role like they're inferior because of their job.

Another is people who neglect to cross roads at crossings and get abusive when drivers honk at them.

People who don't thank me for getting the door for them. Although telling them they're welcome anyway is immensely satisfying so I guess it evens out.

People who don't control their kids in public places.

Edited by Guy

Winds me up when two people walking side by side on a pavement don't walk single file so you can pass, meaning you have to step into the road. Especially when they don't thank you.

When people lick their fingers to open a bag which they then pass to you.

People who don't thank you for other things such as holding a door, letting their car come through etc...

Something that just happened this evening: People going in my room without my permission (excluding family who live in the house). Two friends went in to jumble shit up, even though its a bit of mess I know where my things are. Just find it a bit rude, intrusive and invading my privacy.

I feel petty for being annoyed.

Winds me up when two people walking side by side on a pavement don't walk single file so you can pass, meaning you have to step into the road. Especially when they don't thank you.

When people lick their fingers to open a bag which they then pass to you.

People who don't thank you for other things such as holding a door, letting their car come through etc...

Yes to those two things.

You know what I noticed today that really annoyed me? People who are really fucking slow at getting out of the way with their fucking trolleys in the supermarket, because I have a trolley and need to get through/past, but your fat arse and your trolley are taking up THE ENTIRE AISLE.

Oh, my bad! Eye contact! Clearly you realise the dilemma her-WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE FUCKING WAY AND MAKING NO FUCKING EFFORT TO MOVE WHAT THE FUCK SORT OF CUNT ARE YOU YOU FUCKING PRICK SERIOUSLY DON'T JUST FUCKING LOOK AT ME AND WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WERE LOOKING AT GET YOUR FUCKING CUNT ARSE OUT OF THE FUCKING CUNT WAY

(i usually shop with a basket)

But I swear, I was in the shop for about 10 minutes, and this happened about 4 times.

The things that annoy me the most are things that long-term family and friends do to deliberately get at you/irritate you. To everyone else it doesn't usually look like they're doing anything, but when they know exactly what to do to irritate you and do it in a way that looks completely innocent, then when they've finally riled you up, you just look insane and in the wrong to everyone else. It's not anything specific say, just the hopelessness of knowing people won't believe that they really are starting something with you. You know it's coming, you know it won't stop until you get snarky back, but you know you're going to lose overall.

Oh God this. They insist on barging in front and then trawl along. When I'm in a go slow mood, I go slow. I don't try and make everyone else go slow with me!

It's a lot scarier on the over side, trust me :heh: But if you get nervous, don't overtake ;)

I know but the thing is, if I do that, it'd be slow. They should let the cyclists go on the path. It's not just that though but the cyclists should have their own lane (some do but not all roads).

I have an annoying one! Twattish kids who throw snowballs at moving cars. Part of me feels like slamming my brakes, getting out the car and shoving a snowball in their mouths, lmao.

Bouncers. I don't generally have trouble with them if ever but a lot of my friends have had hassle with them and I see them on their high horses and spoiling other peoples nights. "Not tonight".

Problem with bouncer stories is similar to what you get with authority figures, you only hear the bad ones. Nobody really bothers to tell you what a normal, rounded bouncer they encountered unless it was an exceptionally nice one or something. I've had bad ones myself(once removed from a pub for doing some cocaine I definitely did not have the pleasure of having), but then I have also had perfectly normal ones, and occasionally quite nice ones. Everyone loves to complain though. Same with the police, you always hear this and that, but all my own run-ins have been with surprisingly delightful people, contrary to what you hear/expect.