Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

What is this "Dragon trick"? Please do explain!

I nabbed a bunch of new armour last night.

C_0abJmUAAIwp-k.jpg

C_0aUVPUwAAsDkC.jpg

C_0agSCUMAAUloy.jpg

C_0akaJUMAAwzX6.jpg

C_0aou8VwAAv5He.jpg

C_0as_1UMAAtsOQ.jpg

They are pretty cool and they don't have to be upgraded, which saves me some hassle.

I also managed to max out another armour set.

C_0a85OVwAAuw5Y.jpg

I was zooming in on the map while looking for a certain area and I started to come across some familiar names. He are a couple of my favs. ;D

C_0a3OvUAAAeEAn.jpg

C_0ayyJVoAAUrri.jpg

Any game that gives Linebeck some love is bonus. It still doesn't make up for the lack of him in Hyrule Warriors, though. :nono:*shakes angry fist*:nono:

I'm at the 100 shrines mark now, exploring the Hebra region for the first time. Got between 150 and 200 Korok seeds and only missing two spots in the weapons inventory. I have not found the fourth Great Fairy Fountain so my best armor is a three star-rating. I only need to do the Rito beast and find the last memory in Hyrule Castle (never been there). Play log says more than 70 hours.

I'm still enjoying it immensely!

I've spent the last couple of nights just doing various sidequests and picking away at the shrines. I think I have 4 sidequests left to do and around 30 shrines, most of which are shrine quests.

I've had some fun with some of the sidequests. Getting the giant horse was quite a laugh.

DAFfNGOUQAAAynr.jpg

I had to equip my full stealth outfit to sneak up on the thing. Once I mounted it I got thrown off pretty quickly. I thought I wouldn't have enough stamina to tame the beast ( I have 2 full circles ) but I tried again. This time I mashed the L button like crazy and managed to nab the horse.

I finally got to see the Lord of the Mountain.

DAFffCLV0AEW0uD.jpg

I was doing other stuff when I noticed the big green light appear in the distance. I pegged it over there as fast as I could and managed to snap a picture of it. It was upsetting to go to that area, though. Seeing this next pic wasn't easy. It's such a great tribute. :(

DAFfZSgU0AE5ll3.jpg

I also took on a mini Jhen Moran. :p

DAFfTE7UIAAzF-y.jpg

I wasn't impressed with this fight as it was over quite quickly and it was very easy. All you need to do is stand on a rock, throw a bomb and then attack the thing once the bomb has detonated. I'll need to fight a few more of these as I need some parts off of it for armour upgrades.

Speaking of armour, I fully upgraded another set.

DAFkynNVwAUPe2_.jpg

This thing is a beast against the Guardians. It has a high base defense anyway but the added bonus really helps in fights against the machines.

I also finally got myself this...

DAFfkHFVYAAx2I6.jpg

I offered my card to Nintendo Fan the other week but he traded the game in after completing it. That being the case, I have still been scanning the card every day, just for the extra goodies and things that I could sell. After trying an hour to get the sword when I first got the card, I thought the thing hadn't been programmed into it as it didn't show up. I was shocked when it finally popped up last night.

I had a quick go of the game this morning and done my usual morning Amiibo scans, before setting off to work. I was very surprised when this happened.

DAFgWCXVwAAEAmT.jpg

It was like waiting for a bus for ages and then 2 two arrive.. :laughing:

I was listening to this weeks Frame Trap episode while driving in to work and they were talking about how Brandon Jones has gone a bit nuts over the game. Huber was saying he came in to work and found Jones sitting with a huge list of materials that he needed for upgrading armour. I done this exact same thing last night. :grin:

Well, another "funny" thing has happened. Since Nintendo Norway (Bergsala) switched out my main console for a new one after I got the error code a month ago, the DLC has disappeared from in-game. I mean, it's still linked to my account, but if I go in-game I can't find the DLC bonus chests with the Switch shirt. Which sucks.

I sent an e-mail to Nintendo Europe and told them that my previous save got deleted, and that this happened now. So maybe I'll get some compensation for this shit. (sorry about the french)

I had a quick go of the game this morning and done my usual morning Amiibo scans, before setting off to work. I was very surprised when this happened.

DAFgWCXVwAAEAmT.jpg

It was like waiting for a bus for ages and then 2 two arrive.. :laughing:

Creepy, reminds me of when I played through EarthBound last year.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

After trying an hour to get the sword when I first got the card, I thought the thing hadn't been programmed into it as it didn't show up. I was shocked when it finally popped up last night.

The items aren't programmed into the Amiibo, the game just reads the ID and picks an item linked to that Amiibo. Unless you meant programmed into the game.

My quest to upgrade every bit of equipment and armour set continues on. Yesterday evening and this morning I have finished off a few more sets.

DAN7hUHVwAACkpC.jpg

DAN7sMcVwAAextS.jpg

DAN7xOEUQAQpitz.jpg

DAN75bRUAAA3AT5.jpg

DARqHp_UMAQ2rol.jpg

DARqgtKUwAAdt3I.jpg

DARqa2EVoAQ33h5.jpg

DARqV-GV0AIH1N4.jpg

DARqRILUQAA6zPy.jpg

These next few are just single pieces and don't seem to be part of any set.

DAN7mnZU0AAQ_hn.jpg

DARp491UIAA18CC.jpg

DARp0x0UQAIMczI.jpg

Some of these ere a pain in the backside to upgrade. A few of the sets need a crazy amount of items and I had to spend a good wile farming the various variations of the Lizafols. Both the snow boots and sand boots came in handy for farming, though. Both make you run super fast through their respective terrains.

All i've got left to upgrade now is the Amiibo costumes, the accessories you get from the Gerudo town and the final outfit you get for finishing the shrines, which I still need to do. I need to farm around 70 Star Fragments. That is gonna be fun. :D

I had a bit of luck with some of the Amiibo this morning. I unlocked the sword from the original Legend of Zelda game and the Biggorons Sword from OOT.

DARqMhVUQAAO89m.jpg

It's a shame there is no room for my WW boomerang. :(

On my adventures I also nabbed a medal from Kilton.

DARp9peVYAA0bJ0.jpg

I may try and get the other two while i'm at it.

*gets back to farming Star Fragments*

I had a star fragment land just in front of Hyrule castle today... I made my way over to it as quickly as I could, but those guardians are so irritating! I paraglided in, dropping and then redeploying the paraglider to avoid the fire, once I landed though, so stressful.. with guardians swarming round me, I was jumping and dodging so much it felt like 1000m hurdles :| and then when the star fragment was almost in reach three guardians pinned me in, no sooner was I standing up after recovering from the first blast than a second would take me down launching me further away from the fragment :| I did manage to grab it in the end, think someone mentioned they disappear at 5... well when I grabbed it I checked the time and it changed to 5 :o anyway, couldn't be bothered with taking all those guardians out right then (and don't think I could have either) so I headed off to a new shrine. Once I have all 30 hearts I think I'll go to the camel and see what goodies there are to be had :)

It's like that Mini advert a few years back: mini adventures. That's the beauty of this game.

I'm also really enjoying reading everyone's adventures, because they are all different!

Apart from a few mandatory bits, most people have tackled things in a different way from myself and other people on here, which is bonkers in many ways!

106 shrines done and my Shrine detector is picking up nothing...at a loss as to where the remainders could be, but I did stumble across one inside Hyrule Castle with no warning so 120 hours could be increasing dramatically :)

106 shrines done and my Shrine detector is picking up nothing...at a loss as to where the remainders could be, but I did stumble across one inside Hyrule Castle with no warning so 120 hours could be increasing dramatically :)

so glad I read this... I knew there were 120 shrines, but for some reason I didn't consider the possibility of one actually inside the castle! I was planning on doing all 120 before tackling the final divine beast (though it seems 1 shrine is inaccessible till I beat that one.. so it was already 119!!) and heading to Ganon!

There's nothing stopping you doing that one whenever you want though' date=' is there?[/quote']

I was listening to the NWR podcast and one of them (I think it was James) said that the 3 Gorons, at Joloo Nah shrine, do not appear at that location until you've done the previous Trial near Mount Death, The Gut Check Challenge. But, a search online has no mention of this, so no corroboration, no proof, sorry.

I was listening to the NWR podcast and one of them (I think it was James) said that the 3 Gorons, at Joloo Nah shrine, do not appear at that location until you've done the previous Trial near Death Mountain, The Gut Check Challenge. But, a search online has no mention of this, so no corroboration, no proof, sorry.

This can't be right as I recall partaking in the Goron Heat Trial without doing the Gut Check Challenge or defeating the Divine Beast.

That's the one where you have to withstand an intense amount of heat in a set amount of time without losing all your hearts? I seem to recall that I just kept eating to avoid keeling over, still seemed to work. :heh:

This can't be right as I recall partaking in the Goron Heat Trial without doing the Gut Check Challenge or defeating the Divine Beast.

That's the one where you have to withstand an intense amount of heat in a set amount of time without losing all your hearts? I seem to recall that I just kept eating to avoid keeling over, still seemed to work. :heh:

That's the one, so it does appear bunk then. Good to know. Personally, I did it well after the Gut Check Challenge, on my way to my third Divine Beast.: peace:

Yeah it's the sand seal race I was referring to! but yeah, looking forward to finishing this game off. I'm getting better at spotting probable korok seed locations, though I only have about 1/6th of them so far!

Finances are really tight for a while right now, thinking I won't be buying games until I get a switch (if I get one!) so it's working out well that this game has a lot of procrastination potential. I'm yet to fight a Lynel, though I will need to at some point to upgrade armour!

Right now I am just wandering Hyrule collecting materials, trying to discover Koroks and shrines. When I feel like it I hit the strength test shrines to harvest guardian parts... really not getting lucky with ancient core drops to upgrade my ancient armour, though still loving the armour as it is, makes guardians far more tolerable as enemies!

Also the silver bokoblins... they start appearing according to how many divine beasts you hit?? Just I don't recall seeing any in the prelude area... but there are several in there now?? Oh I went back to the temple in the prelude area... I remember I was really reluctant to engage any of the guardians in there... I wasn't sure if any walkers were there, so I was really nervous and avoided them as much as possible! even with silver bokoblins around, the area seems so docile to me now! harvesting a few regular arrows in the prelude area in preparation to buy some ancient arrows... I think I may do mini tours of the various areas, just to familiarise myself with them and get comfortable with the whole world geographically. Should also help me to find a few more koroks!