NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Aw man, that's both awesome and beautiful :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

And on my birthday (april 17th) they perform live in Wembley :love:

Hope there'll be a concert overhere sometime! :indeed:

I imagine it would interest a lot of people!

However 2D Zelda doesn't do it for me, so I'd rather if they were going to do it they'd outsource it like they did with Four Swords.

Sorry for the bump - but would a top-down HD Zelda game interest anyone?

Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg

Yes, no problem they could do that on their next handheld but not for their home console.

I imagine it would interest a lot of people!

However 2D Zelda doesn't do it for me, so I'd rather if they were going to do it they'd outsource it like they did with Four Swords.

I think I'm the same - Haven't played the 2D games prior to OOT - but have been playing Minish Cap on my Nokia Lumia and I'm starting to like the style and dynamic.

On the other hand, I felt Link Between Worlds didn't really captivate me.

Hmm.. I think I may have to be slightly controversial and say that I think I had more fun with Phantom Hourglass than A Link to the Past when considering 'top-down' Zelda games :eek:

To be honest, I didn't enjoy the SNES classic anywhere near as much as I hoped or expected when I finally cleared it last year and it made me realise that I've never been drawn into a 2D Legend of Zelda in the same way as the 3D games. I've never been past the first 5 or 10 minutes of the NES original whilst games like Link's Awakening DX and Minish Cap sit on my 3DS with little to no desire to dive into them.

I'm a bit weird in that Link to the Past never really clicked with me... But the Gameboy games did, and they are absolutely excellent. Minish Cap included.

I also enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, and loved Spirit Tracks (despite this not being that popular a opinion).

Still, to both / nando / and King_V, I do strongly recommend Link's Awakening.

Yes you've got to play Links Awakening. Love it. I think part of the problem is people aren't playing these games when they originally came out and don't appreciate how good they were for the time. Links Awakening still holds up today btw, it's an amazing game.

Yes you've got to play Links Awakening. Love it. I think part of the problem is people aren't playing these games when they originally came out and don't appreciate how good they were for the time. Links Awakening still holds up today btw, it's an amazing game.

Indeed.

I played through it again this year ( was about 15 years since I had played it last ) and it's still a wonderfully charming game. The beach scene with Marin....beautiful.

I've never been past the first 5 or 10 minutes of the NES original whilst games like Link's Awakening DX and Minish Cap sit on my 3DS with little to no desire to dive into them.

Play it, play it, play it, play it, play it, PLAY IT!

I did enjoy playing Minish Cap as part of the Ambassador Programme, however it couldn't absorb me as much as a 3D Zelda, but I did love the shrinking mechanic. I got frustrated and stopped playing though because I'm pretty sure it locked me out of being able to advance, during that part with the progressive goron cave. Ended up having to watch the ending on youtube. Wasn't great. Nice game though. The woodlands and castle town especially.

The Minish Cap gave of Ezlo: The best sidekick the Zelda-series has ever seen!

On paper he sounds so beautiful:

"We'll make Link's cap into a bickering crow's beak and have him evoke the voice of Gilbert Gottfried into the users."

His execution was even better:

a75ad4d4188b82272b38a1dcb424dd4e.jpg

God I love this game and it's style.

I wish they'd explore the shrinking once again in a full-fledged 3D game and make it even better than the sections in Okami.

Midna > Ezlo > King of Red Lions > Zelda > Tatl > Navi > Fi sound about right?

Can't remember a thing about Ciela so didn't include her.

Zelda (Spirit Tracks) > Ezlo > Midna > King of Red Lions > Fi > Tatl > Navi

And I like all of them except for Navi.

But Zelda in Spirit Tracks is incredibly entertaining. That freak out near the beginning had me giggling like mad.

Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg

Yes, if they didn't try to shoehorn Wind Waker Link in it.

The Minish Cap gave of Ezlo: The best sidekick the Zelda-series has ever seen!

On paper he sounds so beautiful:

"We'll make Link's cap into a bickering crow's beak and have him evoke the voice of Gilbert Gottfried into the users."

His execution was even better:

a75ad4d4188b82272b38a1dcb424dd4e.jpg

Not having Gilbert Gottfried providing the voice does not make it better than having the voice "invoked" into the character.

Midna > Ezlo > King of Red Lions > Zelda > Tatl > Navi > Fi sound about right?

Can't remember a thing about Ciela so didn't include her.

To be honest I can't remember Zelda [in "guide" form] but I'll still never understand the hate for Navi. On the 64 I simply pressed C-Up and however many buttons it took for her to stop talking. On the whole I found her locking on and information mechanic awesome. If people hate Navi then they must hate Tatl too.

I do like Fi being on the bottom though, the idea of "Let's take Navi [or Tatl] and add annoying statistical bullshit will obviously improve things", which you can see in the Hyrule Warriors speak (especially when they say 0% of surviving before you knock 7 shades of shit out of them)

Although I may have Red Lions nearer the bottom because Wind Waker blows. However I do play on replaying Twilight Princess/Phantom Hourglass*/Minish Cap**

*even though the master dungeon semi blew.

**I tried a bit when it got released Ambassador style, but didn't go much further.

Although I may have Red Lions nearer the bottom because Wind Waker blows.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Oh, yeah, Link has his eyes move around a bit. Really immerses the gameplay in a sterile world.

Oh, yeah, Link has his eyes move around a bit. Really immerses the gameplay in a sterile world.

Disliked WW?

I kind of did/do too, felt like a Zelda Lite coming off the back of OOT and MM (and the Spaceworld demo). Redeeming moments though were the Castle and Final Battle.

In the last few years I've been a bit more intrigued by a 3D remake of a 2D(ie an OoT style remaking of LttP) and how it might end up working. Having said that, I recall there was some community project doing the opposite - making OoT in a top down LttP style instead.

I prefer 3D Zeldas although I did love the GameBoy ones.

I'm playing through ALTTP at the moment. First time playing it and compared to other Zeldas i'm not feeling it. Feels a little like a chore.

I prefer 3D Zeldas although I did love the GameBoy ones.

I'm playing through ALTTP at the moment. First time playing it and compared to other Zeldas i'm not feeling it. Feels a little like a chore.

That's how I feel playing through Ocarina, haven't played Link to the Past for a long long time, will give it a go soon. I played Between Worlds a few months ago, absolutely loved that one; but yeah, 3D zelda's post Ocarina are all pretty exceptional in my eyes.

ST!Zelda > Midna > Linebeck > Ezlo > King of Red Lion > Navi > Ciela > Tatl > Fi

Why yes, Linebeck IS a companion. Almost included Marin, if only she was actually there for the whole quest.

Midna >>> the world and its mother >>>>>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Fi. Lamest companion ever. I predict that there's a100% guaranteed chance that I'm right.

I preferred Fi to Midna. There I said it. But I didn't really like Twilight Princess and really enjoyed Skyward Sword so may just be basing it on that.