NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

WoW! I thought the game was big. I've just met Sheikah and had the map updated and now the Plateau is just a small area in the middle. I've now realised just how big it is.

2 Korok seeds and counting

It was nice to meet you.

Could I get that link? Might try and upgrade a bit myself.

Sorry dude I was going to link it but my phone doesn't give me the direct site link. Instead it gives the google search one which is no good to anyone.

But the one @Grazza posted is seemingly better anyway!

Got the final Shrine

I like that it gives a special Breath of the Wild version of the classic Link Tunic with the same defense as the main soldier armour, but getting all the bits for it to power up is going to be a pain. I now want to finish the game with this outfit haha

@Hero\-of\-Time Did you collect all the memories before finishing the game?

I've just completed it, that castle music was awesome.

Yeah, you get a better ending if you do.

Yup. I love that tune. It's so epic.

Yeah, you get a better ending if you do.

Yup. I love that tune. It's so epic.

I thought that might be the case. Looks like I'm not done with it yet.

And where was the shrine in the damn castle!

"Finished" my sixth region so far. 34 shrines, 81 korok seeds, one dungeon and one spring finished. Still got a lot to do! (I will not be finding every korok seed though :p )

Ended up watching the 'better' ending on YouTube. Glad I didn't spend all the extra time for it.

My early thoughts match my current ones. Great game but I still prefer OoT.

Ended up watching the 'better' ending on YouTube. Glad I didn't spend all the extra time for it.

My early thoughts match my current ones. Great game but I still prefer OoT.

I finished the game with all memories so I never got the normal ending. I assume the extra bit is the cutscene after The End has been shown on the screen? It's the bit with Link and Zelda looking at Hyrule and on about rebuilding it.

Also, how in the hell did Zelda get the full Triforce? When she unleashes her power the whole of the Triforce is there. Clearly she's nicked all 3 pieces for herself! :D

I finished the game with all memories so I never got the normal ending. I assume the extra bit is the cutscene after The End has been shown on the screen? It's the bit with Link and Zelda looking at Hyrule and on about rebuilding it.

Also, how in the hell did Zelda get the full Triforce? When she unleashes her power the whole of the Triforce is there. Clearly she's nicked all 3 pieces for herself! :D

Yeah if you don't get all the memories;

You don't get the post credit scene setting up for the DLC. After she says 'Do you really remember me' it just says the end and goes to the credits lol

Yeah if you don't get all the memories;

You don't get the post credit scene setting up for the DLC. After she says 'Do you really remember me' it just says the end and goes to the credits lol

Figured that was the case. I was always going to get them all anyway but the payoff seems a bit weak.

@Hero\-of\-Time not sure if you've already said something about this but what do you think about enemy variety?

I found it to be really lacking, especially in Shrines that have combat.

@Hero\-of\-Time not sure if you've already said something about this but what do you think about enemy variety?

I found it to be really lacking, especially in Shrines that have combat.

I haven't really thought about it but, yeah, I suppose it was.

Despite my issues with the game I still find myself thinking about it and wanting to play it again. I've just ordered the official guide and will probably start my 100% run once it arrives.

How would you summarise your experience with the game, and where out of 10 would you rate it if you were inclined to do so? Interested as opinions and experiences seem to have been somewhat varied between players!

Edited by Rummy

How would you summarise your experience with the game, and where out of 10 would you rate it if you were inclined to do so? Interested as opinions and experiences seem to have been somewhat varied between played!

I think most people have adored playing the game. Myself, drahkon and, to a certain extent, Esequiel are very much in the minority.

I've been playing for 16 hours, only have 4 heart containers and have not completed a single dungeon but running around exploring the land and finding things to do is so much fun I feel like I could do it forever

I've been playing for 16 hours, only have 4 heart containers and have not completed a single dungeon but running around exploring the land and finding things to do is so much fun I feel like I could do it forever

I'm exactly the same as you. 16 or so hours, 4 heart containers, no dungeons, ten shrines and just having fun exploring. I'm sticking to one region at a time, at the moment on my third, two blocks east of the Plateau.

I've got a feeling, and this is in no way meant to pre-empt those who aren't so keen, that this game gets better once you have finished the main story and can just play about in the world getting full completion. I remember when I finished Wind Waker for the first time, I loved it, but it was afterwards that I found myself thinking "This is the best game ever". Just sailing around, filling out the map.

Breath of the Wild is so big, it's hard to know which bits are worth exploring for the main story, and which are best left for "post-game". If you 100% explored as you went, the progress for the main game would be far too slow. It is utterly brilliant, but there are times when I just wish I knew its overall form a bit more.

Anyway, I really upgraded my gear and strengthened myself last night, so can't wait for the next play session.

I've got all the Zora gear 2-starred, which I suspect isn't necessary, but it makes me more relaxed for the challenge!

Current progress:

4 Divine Beasts

51 Shrines

Master Sword

27 Korok Seeds

54 side quests

Currently focusing on side quests then shrines before heading to fight Ganon. Korok seeds can be done later on.

Farming pieces to upgrade certain armour before moving onto the final. This is a pain in the arse :P

Ironically the "rare" items are easiest to get

Despite my issues with the game I still find myself thinking about it and wanting to play it again. I've just ordered the official guide and will probably start my 100% run once it arrives.

No way I'll do that anytime soon :D

As mentioned before I'll wait for a Switch redesign + the inevitable GotY edition. Think I'll go for a nearly 100% completion run, i.e. not picking up any heart containers but everything else.

No way I'll do that anytime soon :D

As mentioned before I'll wait for a Switch redesign + the inevitable GotY edition. Think I'll go for a nearly 100% completion run, i.e. not picking up any heart containers but everything else.

Yeah, I was gonna wait until I got a Switch to play through it again but i'm quite eager to start it from scratch it now. I was gonna crack on with Horizon but Ghost Recon is taking up all my free time on the PS4. Zelda I can just play via the off TV option while I watch the footy. It will be something I can just pick away at in between doing on things.

BOTW gear is heading to Monster Hunter XX.

I've just beaten a Lynel. Wow!! I had to use some serious timing to dodge correctly, spot an opening and then strike. I had shit weapons aswell. Brilliant stuff and its a satisfying feeling when you have to work to defeat an enemy :D