Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Wow, that was super disappointing. :zzz:

Apart from the segment on Dreams that is. That looks phenomenal! :o I actually can't believe that's for real.

Absolutely gutted there was nothing on the Tomorrow Children though. :( What the hell is going on with that game? No Rime either. :shakehead

Wow, that was super disappointing. :zzz:

Apart from the segment on Dreams that is. That looks phenomenal! :o I actually can't believe that's for real.

Absolutely gutted there was nothing on the Tomorrow Children though. :( What the hell is going on with that game? No Rime either. :shakehead

Yeah, would have loved to have seen The Tomorrow Children. I heard it's out this Autumn though?

After thinking about it more, the conference wasn't that bad (but it wasn't good either).

Boundless, Detroid and Gran Turismo we great (and in the latter case long) announcements.

And the new stuff we've seen from Horizon, Uncharted, Dreams (!!! Oh my god, this looks amazing) and Wild (really like the looks of it) were great.

Still, some big announcements have been missing to make this a good conference, but the E3 show had enough of that already.

Yeah, would have loved to have seen The Tomorrow Children. I heard it's out this Autumn though?
Apparently. But if it's out so soon, then why not feature it at all in yesterday's conference? ::shrug:

Yeah, there was like a few seconds of footage from it in that montage at the start, but that doesn't count. As a PS4 exclusive I was totally expecting them to at least mention it. :blank:

Didnt watch the actual conference but in terms of announcements and media it was pretty good considering its a european show. Its better than TGS perhaps?

I thought TGS blew this show out of the water. There were a constant stream of titles being shown, with very little talking in between games. It ran very smoothly. While the content was alright, this show had SERIOUS pacing issues.

I quite enjoyed yesterday. Considering that there were lots of titles being shown and lots of different people coming onto the stage and leaving, I didn't think it flowed that badly. There's no real workaround in that sense when you organise it that way. Isn't this typically how press conferences go?

The only thing I'd say is that the flow was broken whenever somebody Japanese came onto the stage and they had to have a translator. It makes whatever they have to say twice as long and it becomes disjointed very quickly. I...actually don't like it when this happens and think it's much better to get a speaker who can deliver the content in that language. Or, put a video on that's made beforehand with subtitles. I think that's why the GT bit was pretty flat and why the Street Fighter showing was not as epic as it could have been.

Aside from that, the VR stuff was awesome and they dedicated a nice amount of time to each game that they showed. Horizon and Dreams look fantastic, as did WiLD. Positive showing, in my book.

I quite enjoyed yesterday. Considering that there were lots of titles being shown and lots of different people coming onto the stage and leaving, I didn't think it flowed that badly. There's no real workaround in that sense when you organise it that way. Isn't this typically how press conferences go?

I think it was just the amount of time that each person was on stage that slowed things to a crawl. In recent years both Microsoft and Sony have delivered conferences that were a lot more snappy and got to the point quickly. Last night it felt things dragged on way too long. The point you made about the translators is valid and a big factor in what dragged the conference down.

The crowd were also a killer for me. There was very little enthusiasm from them. Saying that, if you happen to come on stage and speak French you got an applause and cheered. If not, you were screwed. Racist SOBs. :D

I think it was just the amount of time that each person was on stage that slowed things to a crawl. In recent years both Microsoft and Sony have delivered conferences that were a lot more snappy and got to the point quickly. Last night it felt things dragged on way too long. The point you made about the translators is valid and a big factor in what dragged the conference down.

The crowd were also a killer for me. There was very little enthusiasm from them. Saying that, if you happen to come on stage and speak French you got an applause and cheered. If not, you were screwed. Racist SOBs. :D

They have to dedicate a decent amount of time to each person though, otherwise you'd just end up with somebody coming on stage, saying "Hi" and walking off. I can let that slide as I think that's the whole point of a press conference. But yeah, maybe the translator-sections were the most guilty, at least in my view.

I wonder how much of the crowd parts were down to audio issues. Every time it panned over to the crowd, they looked fine and were clapping. I'm leaning towards it being an audio issue rather than the audience being disinterested. It didn't seem like anything was coming through from them soundwise.

Is it a bit wrong that I want a second PS4? @Eenuh is playing The Witcher 3 right now and I kinda wish I could play FIFA or some Battlefield at the same time. Definitely thinking about it when we eventually get our own house.

Nope! Me and my partner both have one and if we do eventually move into together, we'll keep both!

Nope! Me and my partner both have one and if we do eventually move into together, we'll keep both!

Bastard. You're living my dream, at the moment. :heh:

Question: Let's say that there's PS4 A and PS4 B.

A would be the system that we currently own.

B would be the system that we don't own yet.

How does it work in terms of signing in? I've got a ton of stuff saved to my HDD on PS4 A. Would it simply be a case of upload data to the cloud, sign into PS4 B and download data onto PS4 B?

Bastard. You're living my dream, at the moment. :heh:

Question: Let's say that there's PS4 A and PS4 B.

A would be the system that we currently own.

B would be the system that we don't own yet.

How does it work in terms of signing in? I've got a ton of stuff saved to my HDD on PS4 A. Would it simply be a case of upload data to the cloud, sign into PS4 B and download data onto PS4 B?

Yeah I've done that in the past. I've even downloaded games I own onto the other playstation but they can only be played under my login.

Yeah I've done that in the past. I've even downloaded games I own onto the other playstation but they can only be played under my login.

Yeah, it's that sorta stuff that I want to know. So, I could log in and out of both PS4 A and B at will? As long as I keep uploading my data to the cloud, I mean?

Might even be easier to assign one PS4 to myself and the other one to her. :p Hope there's more colours in the future. I want a sexy blue one.

Yeah, it's that sorta stuff that I want to know. So, I could log in and out of both PS4 A and B at will? As long as I keep uploading my data to the cloud, I mean?

Might even be easier to assign one PS4 to myself and the other one to her. :p Hope there's more colours in the future. I want a sexy blue one.

Yeah as long as you upload your latest game data to the cloud, you can simply download it onto the other one and pick it right back up where you left off!