Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

So according to an email and phone call today, I snagged one of the PS4 20th Anniversary systems via the 20 years of characters promotion last night.

Got mega lucky.

I guess it'll have to stay in the box. They ain't gonna replace that thing if it ever breaks.

So according to an email and phone call today, I snagged one of the PS4 20th Anniversary systems via the 20 years of characters promotion last night.

Got mega lucky.

I guess it'll have to stay in the box. They ain't gonna replace that thing if it ever breaks.

Well done you

Got mega lucky.

Congrats, I tried but the website goes stupidly slow around the competition time (it's a really slow to load flash page too...).

So, you going to resist the urge to sell a £400 console for over 2k? :p

Got mega lucky.

Damn, that's a lucky break. They're worth thousands on ebay. Currently one at 4k with 4 hours left, don't think I could resist selling it.

Edited by Shorty

Wouldn't even work anyway. The hard drive with the data on can only be read by your specific PS4. You'd have to format it again, unless you meant you planned to do that anyway.

Anyhoo, seems crazy to do anything other than sell this for a few grand. It's just a grey PS4!

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it yet, I'll wait and see how things are looking next week and make a decision then. I'd love to keep it, but even if I did I'd be afraid to use it... I'm sure the eBay prices will drop drastically soon, or maybe even rise even more once the chance for people to get one is gone. No idea. Christmas is probably playing a part as well.

Not gonna lie, the money would be extremely useful at the moment. We'll see.

If it was me, I'd keep it and use it. It's a shame if they all end up on eBay and kept in their boxes. I say enjoy it, keep it in good condition, and then one day may come in the future where you no longer use it but will be able to make a nice bit of money on it due to it being limited edition.

If you're not keeping it/using it, you've essentially bought a very valuable box!

I understand the temptation to make some money now on it, but wouldn't you regret it? you could have something very unique, whereas your money will just be consumed.

Anyone download LoadOut this week?

I've had a few games on it, seems fun enough I guess. But I've heard that the more you level up, the more expensive items become to purchase, so... pay to win type game then.

I also got PVZ:Garden Warfare when that was free, also enjoying that too. Just stuck on which game I should put more effort into.

First world problems and all that.

I totally get that if you had no interest in the console! But if you actually like the console/design, wouldn't you want to keep it and have something that very few others had? I know it'd be nice to have the money, but as a collector i'd love to own and keep it rather than make a quick killing from it :)

Saying that, I understand the desire to make money from in demand items. At the Olympics I bought quite a few limited edition pin badges to sell for many times their value on eBay, but I always kept one for myself!

Oh I have interest in the console, that's why I bought it. The regular one, that is. :p

Dunno, this is basically a grey PS4 (not a colour I would ever choose) with a traditional PS1 style logo on the controller. Seems pretty crazy that people are paying so much for it; it'd be nice to own something rare but nowhere near as nice as making thousands of pounds of profit for no more than a few clicks.

No idea where to put this, so I'll just leave this here.

Watched that last night. It was awesome.

I never knew Uncharted had such a troublesome development. The last statement about how Naughty Dog is now hand in hand with quality is certainly true. Easily one of the best developers out there at the moment.

Santa arrived early.

IMG_20141224_183206.jpg

Honestly though, wasn't expecting it to arrive today. I was supposed to get a tracking number but never got one so I was starting to get a bit nervous.

Metal Slime PS4 looks better than the 20th Anniversary console.