N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

This has probably been said many times over but I'm much preferring the PS4 UI over the Xbox One UI.

Something which has surprised me though is that the voice recognition seems to work much better on the PS4, though what you can actually do with it is a lot less.

Things which are really annoying me: No 3D blu-ray playback, it's a backwards step from the PS3! The ability to control it with a remote control is severely limited. I'm currently using HDMI-CEC to control it with my TV remote but the playback buttons don't work.

This has probably been said many times over but I'm much preferring the PS4 UI over the Xbox One UI.

Something which has surprised me though is that the voice recognition seems to work much better on the PS4, though what you can actually do with it is a lot less.

Things which are really annoying me: No 3D blu-ray playback, it's a backwards step from the PS3! The ability to control it with a remote control is severely limited. I'm currently using HDMI-CEC to control it with my TV remote but the playback buttons don't work.

The restrictions on the remote controls isn't an issue for me, i believe 3D playback of Blu-rays will be an added feature at a later date. Again, not fussed on that myself.

But one thing i can agree on, the PS4 UI is a heck of a lot clearer than Xbox's one (from what i've seen)

Question for anyone that picked up NBA2k14 (@MadDog, @Jimbob)

So on the MyGM Mode, my projected income throughout the season appeared to be going up and up, got to a high point of projected $31m for the year. Then for some reason after a game that took place on the 25th January. Every game from that point I've apparently not made any money home or away on anything. No money on merch, tickets anything.

I cannot think of anything major I'd changed to the franchise on this date. I traded 2 players for 2 more but it didn't make any changes to my wage structure. I'd bought parking and increased the parking prices slightly. But the analytic tool shows that fans are currently happy or think that my current price structure for stuff seems fair.

I just find it odd that from 25th January, Every game I've made no money what so ever. So I'm now in the playoffs and my projected income had plummeted from $31m to just over $13m. I get the impression that after playoff and If I win it'll be lower again.

Is this a glitch? Anyone experienced this where they receive no income at all?

@Murr, to be honest i've not played a heck of a lot of NBA. I've been playing through all my other games, mainly Contrast (damn it's a decent game). I had a similar issue with an earlier NBA game on the 360, turned out it was a glitch which happened to be fixed after a patch.

Hmmmm if this is true I can see why Microsoft is so reluctant to update their sales figures.

US PS4 November sales estimated at 1.25m units, 66% ahead of Xbox One

US PS4 November sales estimated at 1.25m units, 66% ahead of Xbox One

It has been estimated that PS4 sold 66 per cent more units than Xbox One in the US in November.

Michael Pachter has said in his most recent investor note that he believes PS4 sold 1.25m consoles in the region throughout the month and that Xbox One sold 750k.

Note that PS4 was released in the US on November 15th, giving it a week more on the market than Xbox One which launched on November 22nd.

If correct, that 66 per cent margin mirrors what was seen in the UK during the console’s respective first weeks – Xbox One sold 150k units while PS4 managed 250k, a 66 per cent difference.

Pachter added that Wii U is expected to have suffered significantly as a result of the launches, with hardware sales falling 65 per cent year-on-year. Xbox 360 and PS3 sales are predicted to have fallen 44 per cent and 28 per cent respectively.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlp6Qdg0sXUCAwRzWi79o-cLJnjvqUaVmA6Eo_riZRHfzxXPQv

Got my PS4 this last weekend. Had a good time with it but got no retail games. Was wondering what to get? Right now I got a ton of stuff from my download list though :) Resogun is pretty good! Downloaded DC Universe and the other freebies.

If you like playing the Assassin Creed games, then Black Flag is something i can recommend.

If you like playing the Assassin Creed games, then Black Flag is something i can recommend.

If you like Need for Speed games I can recommend Need for Speed Rivals.

If you like Killzone games I can recommend Killzone Shadowfall.

If you like Battlefield games I can recommend Battlefield 4.

demotivational-posters-trolling1.jpg

Having problems with my PS4 since todays firmware update. Its crashed once while paused in Killzone, sending me to the safemode menu where then whatever choice you make it just restarts the console and sends you back to that menu. The only way to get out of it is pull the power cord out and then it will start the console and rebuild the database. Second time it happened I had just put the console into standby mode while it was downloading and got the same thing.

Hmm that doesn't sound good @Happenstance :( have you googled to see if anyone else has had similar problems since the update?

I haven't switched my PS4 on in a few days, I think I'll wait until the next update if things aren't very stable currently.

Yeah ive googled and checked a couple of other forums, no sign that its happening because of the update which I guess is good news for everyone else. It has been spoken about before though by a few people.

Having problems with my PS4 since todays firmware update. Its crashed once while paused in Killzone, sending me to the safemode menu where then whatever choice you make it just restarts the console and sends you back to that menu. The only way to get out of it is pull the power cord out and then it will start the console and rebuild the database. Second time it happened I had just put the console into standby mode while it was downloading and got the same thing.

Yeah ive googled and checked a couple of other forums, no sign that its happening because of the update which I guess is good news for everyone else. It has been spoken about before though by a few people.

Hmm I just had a thought, if you leave your PS4 for a certain period of time does it go into standby automatically? I only ask because I turned all power-saving features off... I was just thinking when you said that Killzone was paused, could it have been long enough for it to go into standby mode? It could be the standby mode that's causing the issues perhaps.

If so why not try turning off all power saving options and see how things go from there? : peace:

Hmm I just had a thought, if you leave your PS4 for a certain period of time does it go into standby automatically? I only ask because I turned all power-saving features off... I was just thinking when you said that Killzone was paused, could it have been long enough for it to go into standby mode?

If so why not try turning off all power saving options and see how things go from there? : peace:

My settings have the console going into standby mode after 20 minutes. Killzone was paused for maybe 2 minutes before it crashed and the second time the console was already in standby mode when it crashed.

thats a terrible gif, and shows the lack of innovation on the controller for decades...then some decent innovation and form factor changes

Its like 3rd party SNES controller> 3rd party SNES Controller + glued on analogue>name/colour change>name/colous change + rubbish motion control>amazing controller