Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

PlayStation noob question; if I buy an online subscription (the PS version of Gold, Network is it?) Can more than one person use it on the same PlayStation? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

PlayStation noob question; if I buy an online subscription (the PS version of Gold, Network is it?) Can more than one person use it on the same PlayStation? 

According to this you can.

Sony's lagging behind with PlayStation Plus options for families, but there are still benefits that multiple users can get under one membership.

As long as the PS4 is set as the primary console for whichever account subscribes to PlayStation Plus, other PSN accounts on the same console can play online multiplayer, play downloaded games purchased with a PSN discount, and play the free monthly games available to PS Plus members.

What other accounts cannot do is use the PS Plus discount for themselves to take advantage of savings when purchasing games, access online game save storage, enable auto patch downloads, or access exclusive early game trials for PS Plus members.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-manage-multiple-accounts-your-playstation-4

I've no idea how accurate that is though. I always thought it was account specific. ::shrug:

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

I played the hell out of the original on the 360. It was such a good game in co-op.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I played the hell out of the original on the 360. It was such a good game in co-op.

Seriously looking forward to it. Didn't play this last generation, so mega excited.

I hear that this is basically the third film. Corrrreeeeecccttttt?

Don’t remember the story at all but I think I liked that Ghostbusters game. Haven’t played it since it’s original launch so I might get the remastered version.

37 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Seriously looking forward to it. Didn't play this last generation, so mega excited.

I hear that this is basically the third film. Corrrreeeeecccttttt?

Correct.

• Like 1

I wonder if they'll remaster Bill Murray's phoned in performance.

A couple of cool looking indie game trailers have hit the PS Youtube channel.

• Like 2

Some of us might make a return to Destiny 2 after a long absence. 😶 Hopefully the Shadowkeep is good enough to keep us semi-active on it. 

Bought Stellaris: Console Edition today (the Deluxe version is currently on sale for 40 bucks). I was craving a 4X game and this was supposed to be very good (despite being miles behind the PC version).

Well...45 minutes in and there is so much to learn, but hey...that's 4X for you :D I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

Already did...played this for 5 hours straight last night. 

Met one other civilization and they are not friendly. They immediately closed their borders and told me to watch what I do...alright. :blank: 
I'll try to establish a trade deal with them and not stir up any conflicts. I may, however, want to increase my military power...just in case.

There's so much to handle, it's crazy. I haven't even laid a finger on half of the mechanics. This is exactly what I wanted out of the game and I got it. :peace: 

Posted (edited)

Picked up a Mayflash Magic-S wireless adapter so I can use my Switch Pro Controller on the PS4.

Works a dream and makes my gaming experience on the PS4 much more enjoyable... I’m no longer cursing at the thumbsticks! :grin:

On a side-note, Mayflash gave excellent Customer Service on this:

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1