NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

£299 at Argos at the moment. You can get it with MGSV or pick 2 games from a selection which include The Last of Us and The Order 1886.

Shopto has the same Metal Gear deal but you also get 3 months of Plus with it.

GAME have a bundle with The Last of Us and God of War 3 for £299 or with Until Dawn for the same price.

EDIT: You beat me. :D

Heh, I was just looking at it! I'm super tempted by Argos as it means I can get it sooner and a white one too(just to be a bit different). Think I'll get TLOU but not sure what to pick for my second, might go for whatever trades best at CEX. I'll buy a year's worth of plus from wherever's cheapest online.

Heh, I was just looking at it! I'm super tempted by Argos as it means I can get it sooner and a white one too(just to be a bit different). Think I'll get TLOU but not sure what to pick for my second, might go for whatever trades best at CEX. I'll buy a year's worth of plus from wherever's cheapest online.

Out of the ones on offer I would go with either The Order 1886 ( great single player game that shows of the graphics of the PS4 ) or Drive Club if you enjoy racers. Drive Club will keep you going for ages as the amount of content ( both free and paid DLC ) is staggering.

EDIT: Wait @Rummy I forgot TLOU was in the bundle. Yeah, go with that if you haven't played it already.

Dan Dare's got the white one, it looks purdy, especially the controller.

I'm adding you on PSN right now in anticipation :D

Get Bloodborne too. Or borrow it off @Zell :p

Out of the ones on offer I would go with either The Order 1886 ( great single player game that shows of the graphics of the PS4 ) or Drive Club if you enjoy racers. Drive Club will keep you going for ages as the amount of content ( both free and paid DLC ) is staggering.

EDIT: Wait @Rummy I forgot TLOU was in the bundle. Yeah, go with that if you haven't played it already.

I'm gonna go for TLOU and God of War - which I'll trade at CEX for £21 credit and get Watchdogs for a tenner of that in the interim I think. Trying to get my work done then I might knock off early to go down the shops...!

Do yourself a favour and don't get Watch Dogs. Get Infamous instead or something.

Also, added you on PSN.

Do yourself a favour and don't get Watch Dogs. Get Infamous instead or something.

Also, added you on PSN.

Surely can't go too wrong for a tenner? Plus I'm pretty keen to check it out given Flink's enjoyment...I can pick up other stuff later on!

EDIT:FFS. All my local stores are missing at least one item from the bundles. One store said it had everything but suddenly it doesn't :(

I'm certain there are better options for £10. I would say Killzone Shadow Fall is a better game.

You should ask @Fierce_LiNk if he'd let you Share Play it.

There's now a few games on PS4 I wouldn't mind playing alongside my wife, including Until Dawn and The Order 1886, that mean the console is starting to shift onto my radar once again :heh:

The ability to play on a seperate TV via PlayStation TV is also a good selling point for me. I also quite miss playing the latest football games as I know I'm not going to be getting the full experience on PS3 any more and I've been a little envious at times of the team of you that gather to play FIFA on Monday evenings as I'd probably really enjoy that.

Unfortunately, I think the asking price is too much for me at this stage and by the time it reached something a little more palatable, my attention may have shifted towards the announcement of the NX, whatever that turns out to be :indeed:

Worth pointing out that the new firmware has Calendar and Community features being introduced. Both will excite many here.

No, you will literally be savng all of the moneyz if you just by the new Taken King. TTK expansion DLC is £40 on PSN. The entirety of Destiny including all the previous DLC and The Taken King is £42 on Amazon.

It's a joke.

My simplygames pre order is £35 :) Thought it was worth it at that price.

Also what recommendations would anyone make for a not terrible but sub-£20 headset?

I have a turtle beach P4C and they are under £20 and work well!

large_image_476x574_p4c_5.jpg

You will enjoy it Rummy. What game(s) did you go with in the end?

Also, we get our PS Plus from CDkeys.

If you like their FaceBook page, you get a further 5% off I think. Plus it is a download code so you get it straight away. :)

You will enjoy it Rummy. What game(s) did you go with in the end?

Also, we get our PS Plus from CDkeys.

If you like their FaceBook page, you get a further 5% off I think. Plus it is a download code so you get it straight away. :)

Well Argos didn't seem to have God of War and I didn't fancy the others, but then I found GAME nearby doing the same - £300 for system, TLOU and God of War. I traded God of War in straight away at CEX, so have £21 store credit to use there. Argos had a year's PS+ for £35 though so I picked that up and I've just set all the freebies for this month to download! As much as I hate GAME and didn't want to go there I have realised there's the advantage in the points - so should have just over a tenner to use as of tomorrow(if I can ever figure out their bloody phone app thingy).

Didn't realise how...earpiecey the earpiece was going to be. Thought it'd be a proper headset dealie - but good to see it's a 3.5mm I can use the one I use for my WiiU(alol, read as Skype) as backup if I need.

Didn't realise how...earpiecey the earpiece was going to be. Thought it'd be a proper headset dealie - but good to see it's a 3.5mm I can use the one I use for my WiiU(alol, read as Skype) as backup if I need.

If you have money to spare get this.

It's amazing.

WQyTaN2.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeessss!

Seriously, made my day. See you online, brah. :D

Get The Witcher, cunt.

I'm certain there are better options for £10. I would say Killzone Shadow Fall is a better game.

You should ask @Fierce_LiNk if he'd let you Share Play it.

I'd be willing to do that..but...for the whole game? That's a LOT of share play. :D

It's amazing.

Seconded, although it's usually £10 cheaper than that. What I would suggest to @Rummy is don't buy a £20 one, because the one drahkon linked is awesome, the one that comes with the system is passable, you don't want to spend money in the interim on something below average.

PS. really you should just save your money and pre-order Destiny: The Taken King. Because when it launches is going to be literally the best time to play it. It will be so busy, so much to do, so many N-E people online :) Get other games at Christmas :p

It's amazing.

Not got that much to spare! I'm using some crappy one I bought for the Wii U - seems to get the job done. The one that came with the PS4 isn't great, it doesn't fit grandly in my ear but I'll make do with my other one for now. Did a bit of party chatting and even tested a bit of share play when I was potentially stuck in Teslagrad last night(I quickly became unstuck, then forgot Marcamillian was still watching me).

Get The Witcher, cunt.

Ha! I will, I will but I'm going to try and be good in terms of playing games/backlog so I'm gonna play some other bits first(such as TLoU and maybe Watchdogs...despite Daft's protestations :p) then look to pick it up, maybe getting it cheaper in the process.

I'd be willing to do that..but...for the whole game? That's a LOT of share play. :D

ORly? I may take you up on it depending on this morning's trip to the shops...

PS. really you should just save your money and pre-order Destiny: The Taken King. Because when it launches is going to be literally the best time to play it. It will be so busy, so much to do, so many N-E people online :) Get other games at Christmas :p

Yeah I think I will! Can't wait to break it to my friends' other halves tomorrow that I may be joining the Destiny crew - they don't even know I have a PS4 yet! (and my friends are sad about losing their men to it :P)

I'm slightly sad in realising my friend in japan doesn't have one as I thought she did and it'd be cool to catch up in the brief hour we're probably both online, but I'm still excited too! Played a lot of Teslagrad last night, then tried the other PS+ games too. One's a sort of basic metroidy clone, not great but with the tried and tested formula it hooked me for a bit.

I don't know what it is about Watch_Dogs that seemingly makes every new PS4 owner decide to play it when there's a bunch of better open-world games on the system.

Watch Dogs looks like it was commissioned through a Labour Party focus test. Why would you pick that over Bloodborne or The Witcher?