NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I am in the NFS beta too. 18gb download.

Might be good to break away from Destiny for abit

I am in the NFS beta too. 18gb download.

Might be good to break away from Destiny for abit

Yup, I just saw the download size. I'll be very lucky if I can download that in time at my parents house. I may have to take the PS4 to our (empty, building site) house and use our fibre.

Downloaded the Beta last night, too tired to play, will be on it tonight though! : peace:

Gave it a quick play earlier. The live action bits are awful as always (I can't tell if they're taking it seriously or if it's supposed to be shit), but the main game seems good so far. Basically Need For Speed Underground

It's pretty good looking too.

NFS Beta thoughts...

Live-action video is crap-tastic but it works with the theme of the game.

Upgrading is nicely handled.

Map seems reasonably well designed.

Handling is reasonable.

Nice amount of things to find.

Cop chases are fun.

Servers are ropey as fuck at the moment.

So far, enjoyable! : peace:

Needs more work doing to it though.

Battlefront beta seems to be hugely successful for EA glad it's open to all

Has anyone here got a Playstation TV? Would you rate it at all? Thinking about wanting my games in my bedroom as well as living room, and the PS TV remote play/streaming from PS4 might be useful - though I'm simultaneously wondering whether it'd be a better idea to put the money towards getting a Vita instead(anyone know the best sort of price on them, too?)

Has anyone here got a Playstation TV? Would you rate it at all? Thinking about wanting my games in my bedroom as well as living room, and the PS TV remote play/streaming from PS4 might be useful - though I'm simultaneously wondering whether it'd be a better idea to put the money towards getting a Vita instead(anyone know the best sort of price on them, too?)

Yeah I have one. I think they're worth it now considering you can get them for around £35 if you get a deal. I only ever use mine to play Vita games on the big screen. Originally there was a compatibility list so only certain games could be played on it but it was just recently hacked so apparently its a simple email now to get everything working (I havent tried this yet though)

Yeah I have one. I think they're worth it now considering you can get them for around £35 if you get a deal. I only ever use mine to play Vita games on the big screen. Originally there was a compatibility list so only certain games could be played on it but it was just recently hacked so apparently its a simple email now to get everything working (I havent tried this yet though)

Yeah was seeing the prices this morning which got me thinking about it. Only thing I'd wonder though - other than the big screen does it offer anything over the Vita(other than the compatibility issues)? Kinda feel like I'd like having the portable nature of a Vita and should probs put the PSTV cost toward it given they can both do the remote play, plus there's the PS+ games to go with it too.

I got one. As a system the Vita itself is better than the tv. Vita TV is great for Remote play but bear in mind there is some lag which is noticeable depending on the game you play(online fps for example) and it outputs 720p. I find it handy if the TV is taken over. But i use a HDMI pass through for getting audio. DS4 is compatible( better than Vita for PS4 games).

Its great for Destiny in non raiding and Crucible stuff. Many single player games work great. Its not a perfect device for sure. The main reason to get one is remote play.

Tune in on Tuesday 27th October for exciting new announcements

Next Tuesday, 27th October 2015, from 4.45pm GMT/5.45pm CET, we’ll be drawing back the curtains on the inaugural Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference. In front of gathered media at the iconic La Grande Arche de la Défense, we’ll be announcing new games and offering some exciting updates on previously announced titles.

21710684654_698bb3ccb6_o.jpg

Naturally, you’ll be able to watch all the action live as it happens, right here on PlayStation Blog through our dedicated PGW hub, on our Twitch channel or through the Events app on your PS4. The show will be translated live into French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.

And once the press conference is over, we’ll have a packed schedule of guest posts, trailers and exclusive behind the scenes videos right here on PlayStation Blog, offering additional detail on all the announcements.

We’ll also be sending Snapchats direct from the showfloor (sign up now by searching for ‘PlayStationEU’ in-app), and make sure you’re following us on Instagram and Twitter for live images and updates direct from the event. Set your bookmarks – you won’t want to miss a thing.

Finally, if you’re heading down to Paris Games Week later in the week, make sure you swing by the massive PlayStation stand where you’ll be able to check out a hefty selection of upcoming titles, including Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Star Wars Battlefront and Ratchet & Clank.

Well looking forward to this. :yay:

Well looking forward to this. :yay:
Yeah, this should finally confirm the release dates for Yakuza 5 and The Tomorrow Children :bouncy: (would be rad if that was a surprise "download it right now" game actually). :D

Other than that I'd love to see some more of Rime, Dreams and the new Everybody's Golf title.

What is it you're looking forward to specifically, more on stuff that's already been announced or the surprises? :hehe:

So following on from my previous vita/TV questions my mate kindly leant me his Vita which I had a brief go on last night.

First hurdle? Didn't realise Vita is one PSN per system essentially. Additionally - you obvs need same psn signed in on ps4 to use remote play. Tedious. Thankfully my mate was additionally kind enough to send me his PSN login details so I could login on my PS4 to then try it all out. The unfortunate side to that meant I had to start everything I wanted to try from scratch! Just texted my other mate initial impressions though...

'Tho had to start from scratch on all as logged in on his psn. Worked pretty well in my room on standard framerate, though felt ever so slightly off. Dunno if it was the framerate/lag or my unfamiliarity with vita. Rocket league got super artifacted when I tried on high framerate(tho I'd still say lag was fairly low, just artifacted to shit). Terraria feels weird with lack of shoulders and stick clicks (replaced with vita touchpad touches in certain areas) and on similar lines running in destiny and meleeing is a bit trickier too. Sticks also a bit more sensitive making it tricky to use accurate cursor placement in Terraria which puts me off quite a bit. Would lean me closer to a pstv for use of ps4 pad.'

I would still consider a Vita, but the difference between the PS4 pad and the Vita for controlling makes me think twice given I can probs get a PSTV for sub £40, and that I don't particularly game when out and about a lot these days(and I have my 3DS and phone to fill such gaps if I really need). Swayed by some of the feeback I had on facebook too(from peeps here) that the Vita may shortly end up gathering dust, so...gonna think on it all a little more!

Edited by Rummy

What is it you're looking forward to specifically, more on stuff that's already been announced or the surprises? :hehe:

Everything. :D

Sony has been on point with their presentations so far this year ( both E3 and TGS were awesome ) and I expect this to continue with this show.

I'm actually hoping for Final Fantasy VII HD to finally rear it's head. It was supposed to be out in the Spring but got pushed back. I would love it to be available to download after the show but they may release it at the Playstation Experience in December.

dott-remastered.jpg

ome on down to Indiecade this weekend to get your sucker-covered-limbs all over Day of the Tentacle Remastered!

We’ll be unveiling the game tomorrow properly, and we’ll be at Indiecade all weekend at the PlayStation area where DOTT Remastered will be playable for the first time! See you there guys!

Good stuff. Hopefully it will have a showing at the Paris event next week. An absolute classic game that i'm eager to get my hands on and play through again.

Think I'm going to be joining the PS4 club very soon, just got some vouchers from doing some photography for a family member, so they'll go nicely towards a new console.

Really wanted a white console but all the best deals seem to be with the black console/the 1TB. May have to sacrifice my preferred colour for the sake of getting the best deal. Undecided whether to jump in now or wait for the release of Star Wars Battlefront/Black Friday.

Think I'm going to be joining the PS4 club very soon, just got some vouchers from doing some photography for a family member, so they'll go nicely towards a new console.

Really wanted a white console but all the best deals seem to be with the black console/the 1TB. May have to sacrifice my preferred colour for the sake of getting the best deal. Undecided whether to jump in now or wait for the release of Star Wars Battlefront/Black Friday.

What sort of deals are you seeing at the moment on the various SKUs? I was the same with myself and the white console - tbh I'd say even if it's an extra bit of bunce to go for the colour you want - 30 quid or something over a console's lifetime isn't that much at all! Ofc having said that I found equal deals for my white as the black.

Other thing to consider is the recently announced price drop for EU - whilst the retailers were already essentially selling at the £300 mark there's still a possibility some even better deals might start creeping in in prep for Christmas if they pass on the savings...

If you want a white one, then wait for a deal to appear and go for that. There's no sense in saving a couple of quid now and then spending the rest of the generation looking at your machine and wishing it was a different model. There will be deals at some point, since bundles and bargains seem to be appearing very often for this particular console.

I love the black console, but the blue controller is just heavenly. Hnnnnngggg at the idea of a blue PS4.

What sort of deals are you seeing at the moment on the various SKUs? I was the same with myself and the white console - tbh I'd say even if it's an extra bit of bunce to go for the colour you want - 30 quid or something over a console's lifetime isn't that much at all! Ofc having said that I found equal deals for my white as the black.

Other thing to consider is the recently announced price drop for EU - whilst the retailers were already essentially selling at the £300 mark there's still a possibility some even better deals might start creeping in in prep for Christmas if they pass on the savings...

At the moment you can get the 500GB black console with the new Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Uncharted and Driveclub for £300, or the same sort of thing with the 1TB and the PSTV for £330. Most places are just selling the white for £300 on its own or with just one game, so yeah, it's a bit of a debate what to go for and whether to wait a bit longer or jump in.

And really I just want the white console to be a bit different to everything else in my room which is black :P

November is usually the peak Christmas-build up bundles for high street shops (online tends to go a bit later).

Or if you're really in no rush, could be some good deals in the new year.

At the moment you can get the 500GB black console with the new Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Uncharted and Driveclub for £300, or the same sort of thing with the 1TB and the PSTV for £330. Most places are just selling the white for £300 on its own or with just one game, so yeah, it's a bit of a debate what to go for and whether to wait a bit longer or jump in.

And really I just want the white console to be a bit different to everything else in my room which is black :P

Hmm. I got my white with TLoU and God of War for £300 from Game. Can definitely understand the motivation for getting something a little different :p I'm not usually one to care for looks too much, and the PS4 generally does look quite nice, but there's something I really enjoy about having my white one - quite possibly the fact it stands out a bit too. Who's doing the deals you mentioned, btw? I don't think GAME were showing it on their website iirc(they had the deal for the black console) but given argos didn't have one of the bits I popped in store and they had the same on the white one - so could be worth trying a few high street places, or if you can find the deal on the black maybe see if they'll swap a white in for you.

I love the black console, but the blue controller is just heavenly. Hnnnnngggg at the idea of a blue PS4.

I've been getting tempted by a blue second pad - wished so bad they had red/blue consoles going when I was buying the whole thing though.

The best deal I can find for the White PS4 is Tesco. It's £289.99 and you get FIFA 16 with it. You could probably get rid of FIFA for around £30 from somewhere like GAME or CEX.

Cheers for the help lads, much appreciated. Might pop out to the high street to have a look but reckon I'm going to wait to see what bundles are around when Star Wars Battlefront comes out in a few weeks. That's a good point Rummy that they might have the white console in the inshore bundles where they don't online.

Whenever I do take the plunge, looking forward to some games with you lot :)