NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Feeling bad for my WiiU - I still want to Splatoon and Mario Maker but the option of the PS4 just feels so superior right now. Don't know if it's novelty or whether it'll wear off, but Rocket League and Destiny are all that's on my mind most of the time! Need to get back in to WatchDogs at some point too but I think Destiny's going to take my life at home for the foreseeable future...

I haven't touched mine in aaaaaaaaaages. From about June/July last year onwards, it's been all about the PS4 for me. I've had an insane year and a bit with playing one great game and then rolling straight into another one.

Rocket League + Spotify is amazing. Played the shit out of that.

You all make me sick :heh:

I've mostly been ignoring my current-generation consoles in favor of playing retro games lately, so we're good, right?

I've been in Toronto for a week at TIFF, but have come back and gone straight on Mario Maker. Only had a day or so with it so not sure how long it'll keep me hooked yet.

I'm not totally sure when the next PS4 release for me is. Maybe Star Wars in November? Still need to get Tearaway Unfolded when my student loan comes through. ;)

I've mostly been ignoring my current-generation consoles in favor of playing retro games lately, so we're good, right?

That depends on what you're playing :heh:

As long as we're having fun, it's all good, right..? :grin:

It seems Towerfall Ascension doesn't have any thread of its own - any reason why? Is it terrible/terribly bare? Noticed it's going for sub-fiver on PStore and somewhat tempted, but without a thread I am no unsure!

Also how soon do the PS plus free games become apparent? Just curious what's coming up really.

(also I still want to labour the point about how much I wish the PS4 had a play log, but that's just something I'm going to constantly grumble about in the background)

It seems Towerfall Ascension doesn't have any thread of its own - any reason why? Is it terrible/terribly bare? Noticed it's going for sub-fiver on PStore and somewhat tempted, but without a thread I am no unsure!

Also how soon do the PS plus free games become apparent? Just curious what's coming up really.

@Daft should tell you something about Towerfall Ascension :D

It's a great multiplayer game. Frantic, skill-dependent, fun. As a singleplayer affair it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Next month's PS+ games should leak/be revealed sometime this week, I reckon. Super Meat Boy (PS4/PSVita) will definitely be one of the games and it will release next week (6th October). I don't think it'll be separate from the Instant Game Colletion, so that will probably be part of PS+.

Yeah the new PS+ games usually appear during the last week of the month. I think its in the Wednesday blog update but could be the Tuesday one now they've changed things around.

@Daft should tell you something about Towerfall Ascension :D

It's a great multiplayer game. Frantic, skill-dependent, fun. As a singleplayer affair it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Next month's PS+ games should leak/be revealed sometime this week, I reckon. Super Meat Boy (PS4/PSVita) will definitely be one of the games and it will release next week (6th October). I don't think it'll be separate from the Instant Game Colletion, so that will probably be part of PS+.

I'd heard good things, but I'm coming to understand it's local multi only? That certainly does take a bit out of it, as I've only one DS4 atm(though could get extra when needed).

I'd tried googling the plus games and found the Meat Boy rumour - I kinda enjoy the game but really it's not my cup of tea these days(but who knows, might change when it's on my PS4). It seems like they really got a lot of their good games out earlier on and maybe late adopters like me aren't necessarily getting the same quality - not that I'm particularly complaining mind, can see how it come about.

It seems like they really got a lot of their good games out earlier on and maybe late adopters like me aren't necessarily getting the same quality - not that I'm particularly complaining mind, can see how it come about.

I expect it'll just swing back and forth depending on when games release and what deals Sony are interested in doing to get certain games on the list straight away at launch.

Instant Game Collection will always be hit or miss. Sometimes you enjoy the free games, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you already own some of them, somtimes you don't.

What happened to that vote for the next PS+ game thingy?

Was it just a one-off? :blank:

Nope. They said it won't be happening every month, though.

Great update but... still no option to set your status?

I'm surprised that none of the current consoles seem to have that option even though it seems to be often requested.

Not that it's a big deal but still, it's the small things.

Ha, is that not a reasonable thing to ask when there is a big update? I did the same with iPhones, 3Ds and Wii U :)

I just though theta two utterly idiotic omissions would've been sorted. Maybe next time.

Someone posted a link to all the big changes. There's no reason to really ask what's in the patch at all. Would be like me asking if they finally added support for external storage. Click the link, get your answer, then have a moan.

Still not sure why you need folders, how many games could you possibly be playing at one time. Or why you need to delete things permanently from your library. My only complaint was the Plus storage. Glad they finally upped it. Was getting ridiculous.

Yeah I probably have over a hundred titles now and cannot see why you'd need folders.

Saw off Reddit that EA are offering a chance to take part in a closed beta for Need for Speed

The beta is up this weekend. Got my code today, so will report once I've got it downloaded (assuming I can download it before the beta finishes on Monday).