NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

The game is pretty accessible and is going to be far easier for newcomers to delve into than something like Bloodborne, which can be really fucking hard at times (especially the start, dat learning curve).

Also, just because they're playing Watch Dogs doesn't mean they're not playing other world games. I've played inFAMOUS, The Witcher 3, GTAV and Bloodborne and loved them all in different ways.

Watch Dogs is awesome. Sure there are better open world games, and similiar open world games like GTAV, but it is by no means any worse. I had tons of fun with the game and cannot waith for the sequel. I just hope there's still alot of people online for it for people that are planning to play it. Could be annoying at times but the online mode was a lot of fun.

I found Watch Dogs to be an average open world game with a bland world. Nothing particularly bad about it (apart from how dull and grey I found the world) but I'd never recommend it to someone.

Yeah, I haven't picked watch dogs OVER anything, I've just gotten it because a.) Its a tenner and b.) I wanted it anyway but heard the experience was better on the newer gen consoles than the old

I must say I'm not entirely sure Bloodborne is something I'm interested in though - I've somewhat gone off games that are too difficult and prefer innovative or interesting gameplay. Having said that some of the ps4's offerings may well bring me back to it.

Anyhow I just completed Xeodrifter - nice enough even though it feels too metroidesque. Don't know if I'm a full trophy guy yet but I'll probs get the few gun/healths I've missed so far at the least and consider the trophies after that.

Time to start watchdogs next though! Went and grabbed it today. Also BTW I'll generally tend to be opening a party when I'm on my ps4, anyone's welcome to join and chat if they fancy.

Feel free to add me! Though I've barely had it a day or so :p

Can anyone tell me if it has any sort of playtime count features at all? Its something I quite enjoy to see and assumed it might do, but can't see it glancing around atm.

Can anyone tell me if it has any sort of playtime count features at all? Its something I quite enjoy to see and assumed it might do, but can't see it glancing around atm.

Not built in so only on a per game basis. Its a shame.

Yeah, I haven't picked watch dogs OVER anything, I've just gotten it because a.) Its a tenner and b.) I wanted it anyway but heard the experience was better on the newer gen consoles than the old

I must say I'm not entirely sure Bloodborne is something I'm interested in though - I've somewhat gone off games that are too difficult and prefer innovative or interesting gameplay. Having said that some of the ps4's offerings may well bring me back to it.

Fair enough. The Souls series (& Bloodborne) are pretty damn innovative though, and the world design is fascinating. Gothic fantasy setting > nondescript city - every time.

You used to be able to view the all-time played while hovering on the save file on the XMB menu on the PS3, but that it is no longer possible on PS4 as far as I know.

That's quite a shame, and at least one place Nintendo and Steam are on the ball! I guess it isn't anything major, but it is something I've gotten used to and I think a curiouaity people appreciate.

I'm going to add you guys if that's cool with you.

How can we add you if you don't have your PSN id displayed?

Didn't see an option to add it tbh.

Was just going to friend request on the ps4.

I'm Punio75 anyhoo.

It's in there somewhere in the profile, though some may be able to handle your ever so unexpected PSN ID!

I didn't play much WatchDogs earlier - I was getting a bit jarred by the stick controls actually and just couldn't place it. I inverted X, Y, reverted, but it just felt off! Came to the conclusion that(with inverted Y) my stick movement pulls it down slightly putting the view up towards the ceiling too much. Don't know if it's me needing to get used to the pad, or if the pad's a bit off(doesn't seem it if I actively try to move JUST left/right) but yeah...was very irksome. Hoping it's just me and I'll adjust but it was very awkward feeling.

I'm going to add you guys if that's cool with you.

Don't forget to use this thread for adding people and posting your PSN ID

too metroidesque.

No such thing!

Axiom Verge is the best Metroid game you'll play in years. Pick it up!

Does anyone else have their DS4 constantly plugged in to the PS4?

I never used to do this, but since getting MGSV and playing such lengthy sessions I got fed up of having the battery run out after a few hours.

Anyway, it's cool to just leave it plugged in, right? :hmm:

I never used to do this, but since getting MGSV and playing such lengthy sessions I got fed up of having the battery run out after a few hours.

Yeah it's completely fine to keep your DS4 controller plugged in. : peace:

This can happen with Playstation controllers over time, my original PS3 pad I used to have it plugged in a lot, sometimes you get one where the battery isn't so good or it just has diminished efficiency over time.

I don't think the rechargeable batteries are as simple to replace in Playstation pads as they are on the Xbox being that they are internal with no battery cover which comes off so keeping it tethered to the system seems to be the only option after a while.

I usually have something always plugged in. I have 2 controllers and a headset; whenever one controller gets low, I switch out.

I have my PS4 set to charge them while on standby too (for 2 hours) which works pretty well.

I changed the charge lead to something more suitable, so i can play at a distance when charging is required. I do forget to charge the headset, so sometimes look like an idiot when i stream and people can see a cable hanging from my head.

I have two so normally just switch them out. But if for some reason they're both dead I just plug one into my laptop, which is always very close.

This can happen with Playstation controllers over time, my original PS3 pad I used to have it plugged in a lot, sometimes you get one where the battery isn't so good or it just has diminished efficiency over time.
The battery life of my DS3 is actually pretty good. Very rarely need to charge it, even when playing I was playing through Yakuza 4! :awesome:

It is weird how wireless controller battery life varies so much though. If I had to rate them by battery life alone it'd be:

1. Wavebird
  2. Wii U Pro Controller
  3. Wii Remote
  4. DS3
  5. Wii U Gamepad
  6. DS4

Not sure how the Gamepad manages to outperform the DS4, seeing as it has 6" screen to continually power, but there you go. ::shrug:

Anyway, it's no big deal, I'll just treat the DS4 as a wired controller form now on.

My DS4s last at least 6-7 hours without charging.

Yours don't? Or do they and it's not enough for you? :p

My DS4s last at least 6-7 hours without charging.

Yours don't? Or do they and it's not enough for you? :p

I get around 4-5 hours if rumble is off, speaker's off and lightbar is set to low.

And yeah, it's not enough when playing MGSV. ;)

Would rather just leave it plugged in and have rumble and everything else active too. :)

Obvs my DS4's brand new - but it certainly outlasts my Wii U gamepad so far! I'm tending to use rest most to just charge it up when I turn the PS4 off - though there's been a few occasions where I've needed to have a brief little break to juice it up a bit; but that's more because I was playing a lot.

Some of you with two pads - other than the charging situation is there much need for a second? I contemplated getting one but I don't know if I'll use it for much except swapping out on the charge...