NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Nintendo has either extended the eShop sales due to finish today at 1500 CET, possibly because of the eShop outage, or they have changed the weekly update time to later in the day. Last week's discounts are still in effect!

Is there no eShop update this week? Where's my Super Contra Probotector 3?

This weeks VC game.

Dr. Luigi (Nintendo) - €14.99/£13.49

Armed with plenty of multi-coloured, two-part capsules, help Dr. Luigi clear a bottle infested with nasty viruses. Annihilate the nuisances by dropping pills of the same colour next to or on top of them - create a horizontal or vertical line of four or more like-coloured pieces and they'll disappear. Empty the whole bottle to move on to tougher challenges - but if it fills to the brim, the viruses win!

F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition (Codemasters) - €24.99/£19.99

F1 RACE STARSTM: POWERED UP EDITION takes FORMULA ONE over the top with new content for Wii U, including four extra tracks and bonus accessory packs! Use awesome power-ups, take on jumps and shortcuts and share the fun in split-screen, in this officially licensed title which features cars and stars from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Konami, SNES) - €7.99/£5.49

A curse has struck Horo-Horo village and their beloved princess has vanished. All hope rests on the village's guardians, Kid Ying and Dr. Yang. This action-adventure from the popular Goemon series is a light-hearted tale for one or two players. You and a friend can explore towns for clues, play minigames and learn new moves; and then battle through platform sections to defeat each level's boss. Full of humour and Japanese folklore, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja is a quirky classic! This is the European version of the game.

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Konami, SNES) - €7.99/£5.49

A curse has struck Horo-Horo village and their beloved princess has vanished. All hope rests on the village's guardians, Kid Ying and Dr. Yang. This action-adventure from the popular Goemon series is a light-hearted tale for one or two players. You and a friend can explore towns for clues, play minigames and learn new moves; and then battle through platform sections to defeat each level's boss. Full of humour and Japanese folklore, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja is a quirky classic! This is the European version of the game.

Special offers

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €6.79/£5.49 (Ends January 30, normally €16.99/£13.99)

Edit: Whoops, was meant to post this in the VC thread. Added the rest of the releases.

Edited by Ike

Too bad I already have both digitally otherwise I would have jumped on that.

Glad to see it worked! I've just got my codes for TW101, Donkey Kong Country 3D and Mario and Luigi :D

Bastards! I missed this by just a few mins :(

Even so, it's interesting to see that Nintendo are actually offering discounted prices on some of the eShop games, like New Super Mario Bros U, on their own store (not that they're much of a discount currently, but at least it's an alternative to GAME) - so maybe we'll some interesting offers down the line...

Edited by Dcubed

We got a £25 high street gift voucher as a Christmas gift from work, so just popped into HMV and got an eShop voucher. Was thinking of getting both Oracle games for 3DS, Earthbound and Link to the Past on the Wii U.

that is it? the lost levels? already got it on 3DS not buying that again so no dice noe no dice

did anybody else not receive codes from the eshop error?

I got W101 code but not Pikmin 3

I emailed them and they said there is a delay on some due to the sheer volume of orders. But they are coming in the next couple of days.

I emailed them and they said there is a delay on some due to the sheer volume of orders. But they are coming in the next couple of days.

Nintendo are clearly not used to people buying their retail games digitally.

(At their original prices I'm not surprised either!)

#nextgen! :p

This week:

Super Indie Connection Sale

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - €5.99/£5.19 - Ends February 12th

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition€3.99/£3.59 - Ends February 12th

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien €4.79/£3.99 - Ends February 12th

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party €2.79/£2.39 - Ends February 12th

Toki Tori 2+ €5.99/£5.19 - Ends February 12th

Those are some nice deals. Will probably get Bumpie and MSF HD (yeah, I've got the 3DS version already, but at that price? Eh? Why the hell not!)

That's a great price for Runner 2 - everyone should download that gem!

Glad I didn't purchase Giana Sisters for £9.99 when it was on sale over Christmas - £5.19 is a much better price considering the audio glitch in Off-TV mode.

A thing I forgot to note is that you need to have bought at least one to get the rest at these prices

A thing I forgot to note is that you need to have bought at least one to get the rest at these prices

You also forgot to mention that you can still buy one of those games even during the promotion and you'll still be eligible to get 60% off the remaining 4 games.

Of course I already bought Toki Tori 2 and Runner 2 (like any decent human being should've done!) so I'm good to go :D