Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also just noticed it said "check back here for more info, and to watch the game trailers shown in the main presentation at any time!"

I was worried it would just be quick and dirty date/bundles info with very little on games, but this suggests otherwise. Excite!

Maybe that's because isn't Japan yet to get another conference today, which will maybe be all about the games for them, where as our press conference is just being done as one.

Exciting indeed!! :D

I only care about ONE thing.

The software lineup. If they don't fix it or emphasise the right games, I'm not sure I'll get this console.

I dunno. It could have the best games in the world but if it cost £5,000 there is no way I'd buy :wink: Sillyness aside, long term, you're absolutely right... which is why the software lineup isn't an issue for me as such. As a consumer on the fence, the price of the machine and the available software would swing my decision either way but having made up my mind already, both details are somewhat irrelevant to me right now outside of playing a bit of armchair quarterback. I know enough about the launch window already - what I really need to know what's happening in 6 months time.

Looks like @Ashley won the price guessing and date guessing game

basic model (WHITE) is £210 8GB flash memory

premier model (BLACK) is £250 32gb Flash memory

well much better than i hoped, well assuming the euro price conversion isn't the usual JAP/US price plus £50

if it stays close to that then i'm looking at £350 ish on launch day that i need, so i'm already over halfway there on my savings for it

I WIN EVERYTHING!

:nono: you are joking? *checks google* god damn rip of Britain! you have me worrying we are looking at £250/£300 now

I'm reckoning they'll vie for £300, it'll end up taking a cut in a few months, but premium might start about £300. Do they factor in any possible issues/losses on exchange rates etc into prices? Also given the tablet pad thingy is apparently £107 alone, I think it'll definitely end up closer to £300. Absolutely no idea how a price like £107 for the tablet is justified though, what's it got to make it so pricey?

Can someone explain why people are getting pissed about the lack of packed in Pro controller? It doesn't do anything that the tablet cant and is probably on a smidge lighter...

I'm sure it's more than a smidge lighter - take out the batteries of a xbox pad and you'd be amazed how light it is - but by all accounts even the 500g Gamepad doesn't feel heavy to hold.

I think people's biggest gripe is that they know developers can be lazy. And if they can find an excuse to not port something over, they will. There have been plenty of statements from developers, admittedly most seem to be caught off guard, where they've said "we aren't sure how we'd use the controller with our game", almost implying that it won't reach the console as a result when no one is forcing them to do anything with the display. They seem to foget it offers all the same functionality as a standard pad.

I think a lot of those responses were born out of ignorance following some poor demonstartations from Nintendo - hopefully they've been on to third parties with easy suggestions on they could alter there games to benefit and reassure them that they aren't required to use every input the device has to offer.

Don't see why anyone would get a second GamePad atm. No games will use a second one

Yeah, seems silly to sell them separately at launch when nothing can actually use the 2nd one. Seems like they're opening up a possibly of people buying the Upad for their original Wii for no good reason at all. They'd be better off waiting until something comes out that actually requires 2 Upads before releasing it for sale separately and the launch confusion subsides.