N-Europe

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Happenstance

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do studios not put the comic con trailers online after comic con?

It's a special exclusive treat for attendees. You're not supposed to film there, they're quite strict about it.

You can see why it would be in their favour to release it, but the trailer's usually not ready to roll out at that point.

• 2 months later...

I haven’t seen any films after the 3rd one. Is it worth going through all of them for this film? As I understand it, all of the films are in the same continuity somehow? The first Wolverine film didn’t interest me, the 3rd film left too much of a bad taste in my mouth. This was more or less the same with First class, though I kept hearing good things about it. Then the 2nd Wolverimne came along, and the trailer didn’t really appeal to me, plus I missed the last 2 films. Trailer for this one looks pretty cool, so I’m wondering if I should catch up.

Are there any references in First Class to Wolverine?

My suspicion is that I’ll enjoy First Class, but will think the Wolverine films are “meh”. However, If they aren’t totally crap (i.e. the same level as or worse than the 3rd X-men film), I’ll probably watch them all in 2014.

I haven’t seen any films after the 3rd one. Is it worth going through all of them for this film? As I understand it, all of the films are in the same continuity somehow? The first Wolverine film didn’t interest me, the 3rd film left too much of a bad taste in my mouth. This was more or less the same with First class, though I kept hearing good things about it. Then the 2nd Wolverimne came along, and the trailer didn’t really appeal to me, plus I missed the last 2 films. Trailer for this one looks pretty cool, so I’m wondering if I should catch up.

I think this will kinda draw in bits from the old ones, but I doubt it'll be neccessary. It's obviously crossing over the characters from First Class and the earlier films, so I'd definitely say to try and watch First Class at some point - mostly because it's just pretty awesome anyway. Can probably take or leave the recent Wolverine film, really if you've seen the first 3 x-mens and first class I think you'll be fine.

Are there any references in First Class to Wolverine?

My suspicion is that I’ll enjoy First Class, but will think the Wolverine films are “meh”. However, If they aren’t totally crap (i.e. the same level as or worse than the 3rd X-men film), I’ll probably watch them all in 2014.

Think there's a token scene with him in it. Possibly tells the kids to fuck off.

I think if you've only watched the first 3 films then you should at least be sure to watch First Class before watching Days of Future Past.

X-Men: Origins: Wolverine you can give a miss on. BUT The Wolverine I say is worth the watch, miles better than Origins and as it takes place after X-Men 3 and before Days of Future Past so some of the stuff that happens to Logan at the end will prolly be shown at the start of DoFP....not to mention the bonus scene is a set up for DoFP too :wink: