NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Days of Future Past

'X-Men' movie sequel name revealed as 'Days of Future Past'

The X-Men: First Class sequel will be titled Days of Future Past.

Producer Bryan Singer has confirmed rumours that the 20th Century Fox film would be based on Chris Claremont's classic Uncanny X-Men storyline.

"It's going to be very ambitious... It deals with aspects of that comic, but also some new things," he told IGN. "I just don't want to give all of it away."

The 1981 story dealt with a future version of Kitty Pryde taking possession of her present self.

She attempts to stop the murder of Senator Robert Kelly in order to prevent her dystopian future from coming to pass.

The storyline also featured the first appearance of Cyclops and Phoenix's alternate reality daughter Rachel Summers/Grey.

The title had previously been rumoured after it was registered with the MPAA Title Registration Bureau.

Marvel Studios confirmed the names of two of its own sequels as Captain America: Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World at Comic-Con last month.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled for release on July 18, 2014.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a396878/x-men-movie-sequel-name-revealed-as-days-of-future-past.html

Well if this is a sequel to First Class and still takes place before the original X-Men film... I assume it would involve a different character than Kitty Pride seeing how she would either not yet be born or be very young in what ever year they plan to base it.

Looking forward to seeing it either way though :D

More Fassbender the better :D

If they want to try and keep the movies linked, even in some small ways (like the cameo in First Class) then this could be a good way of doing it. Using the fact that time travel will be involved they could just have things change, similar to the new Star Trek movie.

Which brings a few continuity issues. It was fine with First Class since we figure it could be a reboot so nuts to the stuff that came before, excluding the Wolverine cameo...but now, it's hard to ignore the multiple continuity errors

Leonard Nimoy was in Star Trek (2009).

Either this film will explain an alternate reality, or those two are simply playing the older versions of the two from the First Class universe.

I think you have to accept that they are the same continuity but significant amounts of the story were ret-conned. If they wrote First Class based on the constraints of barely relevant mentions of past events in Singer's films, it would've been severely limited as a movie.

Leonard Nimoy was in Star Trek (2009).

Either this film will explain an alternate reality, or those two are simply playing the older versions of the two from the First Class universe.

True but that was a sequel that was also a prequel and a reboot. Temporal mechanics and all that

It's just they're trying to make out that all the films are linked while still having glaring errors.

Don't get me wrong, I love the films and First Class was the best one, but these errors irk me

Always count on a Doctor Who fan to excuse ridiculous plot inconsistencies with those two words :heh:

Continuity can't be much worse than the comics to be honest, they're forever retconning stuff! Nothing stays for long in comics. I don't think I've seen the original comic story, I recall it was done but differently in the 90s series? So they did it different there, they'll probs take some liberties here too. Regardless I'll probs go watch it, anything for my marvel fix.

If Kitty pride is from the future, couldn't McKellen and Stewart just be in a future scene?

Yup, they could end up being in very few scenes. Although I'd love to see them for quite a while, playing off themselves and each other's selves.

Urgh First Class should have been a reboot.

I really don't like the idea that this story ends up the way it does.

Hugh Jackman in Negotiations to Play Wolverine in X-Men: Days of Future Past

As many suspected might occur, The Hollywood Reporter now says Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to play Wolverine in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Director Bryan Singer revealed earlier this week that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan were in the new X-Men film, the sequel to X-Men: First Class. While we don’t know any details, the title -- taken from a very beloved X-Men comic book story -- hints at a time travel aspect that the casting of Stewart and McKellan seemingly confirms, as they’ll appear alongside returning First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult.

Jackman of course has been the biggest mainstay of the X-Men series, appearing in every single film in the series, including his own spinoff (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and a cameo in First Class. Wolverine’s slow aging process would in fact make it possible for the young and old Wolverine to both be played by Jackman in Days of Future Past, if they choose to go that route. Meanwhile, fans of the comic books will no doubt wonder if Wolverine’s portrayal will match up with his memorable role in the original Days of Future Past storyline.

Production recently wrapped on The Wolverine, a new X-Men spinoff film set after X-Men: The Last Stand. Considering Jackman already is in shape for his role as Logan/Wolverine -- he strenuously trains for that superhero physique for each film -- it would work out well for him to move quickly into Days of Future Past, which begins production early in 2013 for a July 18th, 2014 release.

Source - IGN

I don't want anybody but Jackman TO be Wolverine tbh. I think not only does he do a fantastic job, but keeping his casting consistent is a good reflection of just how long Wolverine has been around, an aspect of his character I think is quite important for who he is.

yeah i'm with you @Rummy Jackman is wolverine!

I'm so looking forward to this! its one of my favourite x-men stories.

with regards to downright plot inconsistencies, it would be nice to somehow address them but i can unfortunately live with them, especially now it seems everything is in the same timeline of First Class > X-men Origins > X-men > X2 > Last Stand > The Wolverine, I mean hell the comics are littered with inconsistencies and retcons, i can force myself to gloss over them (wish i could gloss over Last Stand altogether though)

I don't want anybody but Jackman TO be Wolverine tbh. I think not only does he do a fantastic job, but keeping his casting consistent is a good reflection of just how long Wolverine has been around, an aspect of his character I think is quite important for who he is.

But surely there'll come a time when he has to give it up...and when that day comes I think I'll make a good replacement :D

Would be awesome to have both "past" and "future" Wolverine side by side going to town on a bunch of bad guys.... or fighting each other?

But I get the feeling it'll probably be just a small cameo....or just "future" Wolverine. If they had "past" Wolverine involved too they'd be screwing things up more with continuity.

picture1mfo.png

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/26/more-x-men-alumni-join-days-of-future-past

That adds Rogue (Anna Paquin), Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page), and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) to the ever-growing cast of the First Class sequel. Still no word on James Marsden's Cyclops though... he did die off-screen, after all, which is basically like a free pass when it comes to comic books and superheroes.

Interestingly, with Rose Byrne and January Jones not involved with the project (as far as we know), this means there are more original X-Men cast members than there are First Class cast members.

GAME OF THRONES' Peter Dinklage Joins X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

The cast for X-Men: Days of Future Past is big as it is, because we will see a lot of actors from the original trilogy in this one, as well as some of the cast from First Class. But, since there are other roles to be filled, you can add one more name to the list -- Peter Dinklage, from the great HBO series Game of Thrones. Director Bryan Singer posted this on his official Twitter account:

Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!

— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) February 14, 2013

Source - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=74263

Peter Dinklage To Play Main Antagonist In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Variety has learned that Golden Globe winner, Peter Dinklage will be the main antagonist in X-Men: Days of Future Past. When news broke last night, many suggested that Dinklage would be playing Puck, a member of Alpha Flight with ties to Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) Canadian past. However, Variety reports (below) that Dinklage will be playing a villain, not a hero, ruling out Puck. My own personal suggestion was that Dinklage would be playing Sugar Man, a prominent villain in many alternate dimension X-Men tales. Other theories are that he'll be mocapping the Sentinels or that he'll be playing Boliver Trask, the creator of the mechanical giants (I doubt it will be Trask as he was previously played by Bill Duke in X-Men: The Last Stand). We'll have more news as the story develops.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74286

Been listening to this track - getting me all excited about this film.

The Dink seems like a good inclusion, although it seems like there are about 300 castmembers signed up now? Roughly.

Peter Dinklage?

Interesting, looking forward to see who he plays

New photo of Iceman

BH_r5vDCcAAzUfh.jpg:large

Looks like he should have some VFX this time which should be good.

Nah, i think he just buried his face deep into a packet of Doritos. Crumbiness.