NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Went to see this film last night, really enjoyed it.

Did they explain why Beast was no longer cat looking?

I liked the ending, if only because I'm a sucker for a happy ending and the nostalgic feel of having all the original lineup all good and well. Particularly enjoyed the part where Scott stops Logan touching Jean.

And anyone care to explain the post credit scene for those who don't read the comics?

I liked the ending, if only because I'm a sucker for a happy ending and the nostalgic feel of having all the original lineup all good and well. Particularly enjoyed the part where Scott stops Logan touching Jean.

And anyone care to explain the post credit scene for those who don't read the comics?

It's this dude.

http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I always thought Beast became blue/cat like after he tried to "cure" himself (Feel free to correct me on this guys). The film kind of made it seem like a Hulk sort of thing.

I think they did mention that he was using the same serum that he was giving to Xavier.

Well saw this last night.....

It was perfect! i think everyone has covered the main points now i can't really add any more

a little disappointed that Frost was killed off screen (did we see her autopsy pic?) she shouldn't have been killed, and i wonder how Azazel being dead will affect Nighcrawlers origins....

however given how Apocalypse usually involves Timetravel, its entirely possible for characters to be revived

Latest rumours stated both casts will be in the sequel

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Well saw this last night.....

It was perfect! i think everyone has covered the main points now i can't really add any more

a little disappointed that Frost was killed off screen (did we see her autopsy pic?) she shouldn't have been killed, and i wonder how Azazel being dead will affect Nighcrawlers origins....

however given how Apocalypse usually involves Timetravel, its entirely possible for characters to be revived

Latest rumours stated both casts will be in the sequel

whilst magneto said he 'lost' those guys - does he or anyone ever actually state them as dead? I wondered when I saw the film how they'd all died, then when I came in here I happened to conviniently see that quick snippet of the scene where he says it - not 100% that they're dead, maybe?

also @Ramar apocalypse is like...xmen hueg. so much to him. such villian. very wow.

@Rummy

for some reason when i quote your spoiler and answer in a spoiler it looses the spoiler tags, so i removed the quote...random as

that Raven/Mystique looked at in Trask's office certainly showed the autopsy pictures of Azazel, Riptide and Angel, but i'm certain we didn't see Banshie and Frost....which was odd, and then obviously later Magnetto said they died....perhaps we missed something

the only answer is we all keep going to watch the film looking for hidden easter eggs or signs of them in background scenes

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I saw this tonight and thought it was great. I do have a question though which I can't be arsed to spoiler from my phone;

Is there any link between the Sentinels from the future and the giant robot thingy from Thor 1? They seemed very similar indeed, especially the face opening melty thing.

Just got back from seeing this, thought it was brilliant! I do have a couple of questions about continuity though...

In The Wolverine, Wolverine has his adamantium taken from him, yet in the future scenes he has his metal claws?

In The Last Stand, Charles is killed, or at least his body is destroyed by Jean/Phoenix and at the end you discover he's transferred his consciousness into another body, yet in the future scenes he has his body again?

Just got back from seeing this, thought it was brilliant! I do have a couple of questions about continuity though...

In The Wolverine, Wolverine has his adamantium taken from him, yet in the future scenes he has his metal claws?

In The Last Stand, Charles is killed, or at least his body is destroyed by Jean/Phoenix and at the end you discover he's transferred his consciousness into another body, yet in the future scenes he has his body again?

He only lost the adamantium with his claws. He then became allies with someone who could easily forge him new adamantium claws.

The other body that Charles transferred to was his twin brother. Although, oddly, that was only mentioned in commentary.

actually i have a question a big question

Were told they captured Raven and used her DNA to make the future sentinels, and later (albeit in a the altered continuity once Trask suvives) says he'd need brain tissue and bone marrow....So she'd have died, was she originally intended to die asfter killing trask and being experimented on like the others? the future team suggest she was lost...(dead)

because if so how does X-men/X-2/last stand stack up then?

I suppose the obvious answer is in the original continuity she escaped (but wasn't mentioned) and once Trask survived she altered the time line and would have died if caught?

The more I start thinking about the story, the less I actually like the film, so maybe I should stop thinking :P. I think the story is even more inconsistent than say, Looper. Most, well theoretically everything could be explained by unseen events during the timegaps. Everything between past (first class, past events in days of future past) and present (x-men, x2, last stand), and everything between the present and future (future of days of future past). Which is fine for most things, but is a cop-out for some other things.

Professor Xavier being alive for example. At first I was thinking, "well we´re probably already seeing the result of timetraveling", but they weren´t that clever about it.

It´s such a shame. As much as I hate Last stand, I didn´t want them to just ignore and retcon it, they could´ve easily rectified it with timetravel. The story had so much potential.

Anyway, this rant probably makes it sound like I didn´t enjoy myself, but that wasn´t the case. Again, it´s more in hindsight that I´m having trouble with it, but the film is fun to watch. The action scenes are awesome, I don't have anything to add to what´s already said. I loved the atmosphere, expecially the incredibly bleak tone of the future scenes (those future Sentinels were really horrible). I loved the character interaction, especially between Logan and Xavier this time, but of course, just like all the other X-men films, the cast is impeccable. And of course, loved the fan-sevice, with all the cameos and references etc (the ones I got anyway, since I´m not a comic guy).

I hated

they killed off most of the First class recruits, especially as they resurrected some others, but casualties are to be expected.

Anyway, I´ll be looking forward to the next one.

Fucking epic film! Fucking epic after credits scene!

Thought it was great!! Better than Amazing Spider-Man 2 and my favourite X-Men movie :)

I thought young Xavier travelling through Wolverine consciousness and actually being able to step out of that consciousness to take a look at his future self was ridiculous :p but yeah.

So now that they've shown all the X-Men in the mansion at the end, does that effectively mean none of the younger versions of those characters, which they'll presumably cast at some point, are safe from getting killed off?... which will obviously take away a sense of the unknown.

I've not seen this movie but I do have a question to ask: Is Wolverine the centre of the film? Like, does he get more screentime than the other X-Men because, honestly, I think he's so overrated! He's the Batman of the Marvel universe to me.

I was thinking about this the other day because of the furore over the decision to have him go back in time rather than Kitty.

In the film it does make more sense for him to go back, and really, although the film is told from his perspective and follows him around, he doesn't do an awfully lot in it. He mainly stands there while other characters steal the limelight.

So yes, he does have a fair amount of screen time, but to a non fan, I don't think it ruins it.

I've not seen this movie but I do have a question to ask: Is Wolverine the centre of the film? Like, does he get more screentime than the other X-Men because, honestly, I think he's so overrated! He's the Batman of the Marvel universe to me.
He's a key part to the film, but no your good! :) Go see it!

Just seen it today. I don't understand about Kitty...

When did she get the power to send people/s consciousness back in time? All she could do was go through walls and suddenly she's developed a plot deciding power.

Just seen it today. I don't understand about Kitty...

When did she get the power to send people/s consciousness back in time? All she could do was go through walls and suddenly she's developed a plot deciding power.

Some mutants develop secondary powers. Iceman used to be able to control ice, now he can become ice. Kitty used to be able to phase through space, now she can phase through time (albeit it's much more difficult and dangerous, so she has to concentrate hard on sending someone else).

Some mutants develop secondary powers. Iceman used to be able to control ice, now he can become ice. Kitty used to be able to phase through space, now she can phase through time (albeit it's much more difficult and dangerous, so she has to concentrate hard on sending someone else).

Yes, I got that bit. It would've been nice if they could at least explain it. I don't recall even a mention of "Oh, her powers evolved n' shit".

Finally saw this today, and while I enjoyed it, I knew without even reading a single thing about it or seeing his name in the credits that Bryan Singer was the director.

How, you ask? Because Bryan Singer can't direct action scenes for shit.

The man can get incredibly emotionally intelligent performances from his actors, but every single action scene passionless and uninspired. They always feel like an afterthought, as if he's just filling time between character beats. And in a superhero movie, that's just crap.

In many ways he's the antithesis of Raimi in his Spiderman movies: most of the performances in those movies are more like caricatures than characters, but his action is really breathtaking and thrilling. I even felt the same way about Superman returns- great character moments, yet the action was flatter than pre-pubescent breasts.