NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Days of Future Past

QUICKSILVER Joins the Cast of X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Well this is interesting. Quicksilver, who along with his sister Scarlet Witch, is confirmed to appear in Avengers 2 , is also going to be appearing in X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is currently filming.

Director Bryan Singer just tweeted the news on his personal account.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

The way he phrases the tweet, it seems there was an agreement made, that Fox would get to use Quicksilver as a younger character, perhaps in the past scenes, while Marvel Studios will use an older, more adult version of the character. As we previously reported, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are a strange, unique case, where both studios have the rights to the characters, as they are both mutants (and the children of Magneto), and also longtime Avengers.

Evan Peters is a 26 year-old actor best known to comic book fans as "Todd," one of Dave's friends in Kick-Ass. More as this story develops.

http://www.newsarama.com/17905-quicksilver-joins-the-cast-of-x-men-days-of-future-past.html

Interesting

Would help Marvel in explaining their background! :p

Why oh why oh why, can't they come to an agreement over Wolverine!!

Enjoyed watching this, shame that Peter Dinklage didn't get to talk though.

There was a trailer shown afterwards too but I can't find it online...I WANT TO SEE!!!!!

... why have they put those two on boxes you can see :p

I think Ellen Page and the other woman are playing characters who are taller than they are, and they want to reflect the character heights in the cast photo.

Loved that panel,and if Jenifer wanted to see my Cerebro, well any time!

it was a little sexually STORM charged in STORM places wasn't it?

Oh my goodness Omar Sy is in this! INCREDIBLE.

That cast looks really damn good together, very impressive seeing them all lined up together.

Fucks sake Fox... give it back to Marvel already. Just picture that cast stood along side Avengers cast.

Edited by Murr

Who're the blonde and the black guy? (character wise...though actor wise too is handy)

Who're the blonde and the black guy? (character wise...though actor wise too is handy)

Black guy is new I think, blonde looks like Banshee from First Class

Black guy is new I think, blonde looks like Banshee from First Class

Oops, meant blonde woman. Wasn't sure if she was old mystique? Probs right about Banshee though. Is there any date for this yet? It's gonna blow my pants wide open.

Oops, meant blonde woman. Wasn't sure if she was old mystique? Probs right about Banshee though. Is there any date for this yet? It's gonna blow my pants wide open.

Thats Anna Paquin, Rogue from the old movies.

Bugger me! Didn't recognise her at all, and totally didn't consider that Rogue wasn't there. Totes see it now, she looks a lot older now!

Bugger me! Didn't recognise her at all, and totally didn't consider that Rogue wasn't there. Totes see it now, she looks a lot older now!

Yeah it took me a while when I first saw the image as well. Its the cheeks and jawline I think.

Yeah she's gotten much thinner in the face.

Do we know who's behind McAvoy? James Marsden?

Forgot to say this yesterday when I posted the above Comic Con video, but I LOVE that when Singer was asked he near confirmed they will use this film to reboot the timeline and possibly make X3: Last Stand not have happened anymore :D

I think Ellen Page and the other woman are playing characters who are taller than they are, and they want to reflect the character heights in the cast photo.

Rogues not that much taller than Storm is she?

The black guy (Omar Sy) is apparently going to be playing (Lucas) Bishop.

I'd say that 100% true considering the image floating around.

czs2.png

Edited by bryanee

Bishop is in this??!!!! Outstanding. Now just slam Cable in for good measure and we're sorted. :D

No it's only rumoured, but I'd like if they did. Xavier's back, after all.

Teaser Trailer, no film footage, but shows Sentinel!

Also I been thinking bout this after watching The Wolverine last night.

I'm wondering how will they deal with the aftermath of the timetravel by the end of this film and what effect it will have on the timeline. There does seem to be suggestions that othey may use this to reboot the franchise and make X1,2 and 3 not happen but mainly I'm wondering how will it effect Wolverine personally?

If his "future" self is being mentally sent back in time into his "past" self's body I assume given Charles and Magneto are still their "younger" selves (ie: played by McAvoy and Fassbender) then I assume it would take place at a point BEFORE Logan joins weapon X and before he gets his adamantium skeleton. So I'm wondering what happens to Wolverine after this film?

Does his "future" mind return to his "future" body and his "past" self doesn't remember anything?

Or will he be stuck there living those 40 odd years again with all his memories of both timelines? In which case he might decide to avoid the whole Weapon X thing and not get his adamantium coating?

Gah Timetravel paradoxes *head hurts*

Can I just fast forward to May 2014 now so I can see the film and not have to worry bout thinking bout this sort of stuff anymore (unless by the end of the film they annoyingly decide to not tie it up :heh:)